[ROM - 1.2] Flashback Update 10.3 (12/07/2011)

Search This thread

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
That's what I figured. Thank you

sent from my EVO 4G - 8/25 InfectedROM Kingdom RLS1 by Virus

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
\* TeamWin Recovery Project */

I created an update patch to copy the TeamWin recovery binary to [/system/etc/recovery] and a script to [/system/bin] that will allow you to flash/install it internally via Terminal Emulator.

Flashback-TWRP-1.2-patch-signed.zip
md5: 2317bdea544f0074415815a996161655

Flash like you would any update.zip - No Wipes Needed.

This update zip WILL NOT flash your recovery; use must do that while in the ROM.

Download and Flash the zip, reboot back into the ROM

Open/Run Terminal Emulator and type the following (blue text):
$ su - become Superuser

TeamWin Recovery Project
# twrprecovery.sh - flash/install TeamWin Recovery Project

ClockworkMod:
# cwmrecovery.sh - flash/install ClockworkMod Recovery

Stock:
# fixrecovery.sh - flash/install Stock Recovery

-JR-

drizzt5

Mar 28, 2011
Updated successfully to 10.3. It seems smoother but I can't really tell. Maybe I haven't cleared my cache in a while.

firewater88

Feb 20, 2011
Beer City USA
Once again a great ROM! Was updating every step, but decided to do a wipe and format this round. Fast and great!
I must say that I get SOD with included kernel, but Clemsyn's kernel Honeycomb Trial 5 seems to be keeping that from happening.
Thanks for all the hard work!

Razor1973

Jun 23, 2006
Florida
PLEASE HELP!

I was on the stable CM 7.0 build (don't know the bootlader, but I am assuming it was 1.2) with CWM 2.5.1.8 installed and wanted to install this ROM. I did a bunch of things, which were clearly wrong, since I ended up bricking my gTablet. I can't boot it up and that includes CWM. When I Power-Vol+, I get "Detect a recovery key pressed - Booting recovery kernel image", but it just stays there. I also tried adb, but it doesn't recognize the device. I'm not sure I have the USB drivers installed (keep in mind I haven't used the tablet in many months) because when I plugged it in, nothing popped up saying new hardware found, but the Device Manager didn't show anything called NVIDIA-anything, anywhere.

I have tried to follow all code red instructions from this page, but they all assume I can either get to CWM or that I can use NVFlash, but NVFlash always tells me no USB device is found.

What can I do to recover my bricked gTablet???

UPDATE: Never mind. Bottom line is I didn't really understand how to put the gTablet in ATX mode. I just finished flashing stock with NVFlash and it's booting up as I type.

Last edited:

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
PLEASE HELP!

I was on the stable CM 7.0 build (don't know the bootlader, but I am assuming it was 1.2) with CWM 2.5.1.8 installed and wanted to install this ROM. I did a bunch of things, which were clearly wrong, since I ended up bricking my gTablet. I can't boot it up and that includes CWM. When I Power-Vol+, I get "Detect a recovery key pressed - Booting recovery kernel image", but it just stays there. I also tried adb, but it doesn't recognize the device. I'm not sure I have the USB drivers installed (keep in mind I haven't used the tablet in many months) because when I plugged it in, nothing popped up saying new hardware found, but the Device Manager didn't show anything called NVIDIA-anything, anywhere.

I have tried to follow all code red instructions from this page, but they all assume I can either get to CWM or that I can use NVFlash, but NVFlash always tells me no USB device is found.

What can I do to recover my bricked gTablet???
Hi Razor1973,

The correct ClockworkMod is 3.0.2.8

Download NVFlash rev5 by tlb1961 from the OP (first page), there are detailed instructions included in the download.

This will get you to a 1.2 bl and ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8

You'll be running Flashback within an hour!

-JR-

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
i'm having an issue, love the rom so far
but it seems to be shutting down randomly(with increasing frequency) when my g-tab screen goes to sleep
tried searching in this thread but didn't find anything, suggestions?

also when it boots up i get immediate force close
"the application gallery (process com.android.gallery3d) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

Last edited:

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
Hello all,

I'm facing a very weird issue since last night. I've been using the rom without any issues since i got my gtab. everything works perfect and i don't get any FCs / crashes except occasional SODs, but a no biggie.

last night i was using my tablet as usual. i switched it to standby and when i tried to turn it on again, it didn't respond. I figured it was the SOD so i force switched it off, and that's when hell broke loose.

upon rebooting, the tablet got stuck at the 3-birds screen. just to make sure it wasn't a battery issue, i charged the table for a couple of hours but its still not booting.

another major point of concern is that i can't access the recovery mode as well. The only way i can see for now is to do the entire NVFlash thing again as i can only get in the APX mode.

I would really appreciate any help here as i'm not keen on going through the NVFlash process. I have a huge number of apps installed and customized and my setup was running absolutely perfect, so this crash doesnt even make sense.

Pls help!

wd5gnr

Dec 20, 2010
Houston
Once again a great ROM! Was updating every step, but decided to do a wipe and format this round. Fast and great!
I must say that I get SOD with included kernel, but Clemsyn's kernel Honeycomb Trial 5 seems to be keeping that from happening.
Thanks for all the hard work!

I tried installing the clem zip from this thread and got no boot. Just the birds and the first screen and when boot animation should start just a black screen.

Reflashed pershoot and all OK again. Tried twice with a fresh download. No one else having that problem? And yes did a cache wipe.

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
Hey everyone!

Just put this on my gtab, and i have an issue. When i go to install an app, it causes a reboot from the splash screen, and when it comes back up, the wifi doesnt work(gives an error) until i restart the tablet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Steve

Experiencing the same problem and I started off with an upgrade from10.2 and experience the problem then I clean installed and I a still having the same issues. Also my Gtalk wouldn't authenticate and my market always gives errors when I try to download anything. I am going to redo the entire process and do the stage 3 Total Wipe (NVflash process et al.)

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Experiencing the same problem and I started off with an upgrade from10.2 and experience the problem then I clean installed and I a still having the same issues. Also my Gtalk wouldn't authenticate and my market always gives errors when I try to download anything. I am going to redo the entire process and do the stage 3 Total Wipe (NVflash process et al.)

The nvflash process is most likely unnecessary. Download a fresh copy of 10.3 and wipe data/cache/dalvik twice. Then, format the sdcard to make sure there is no bad information left on the internal storage. Don't forget to copy off your personal files as they will be destroyed.

Post back your results.

Reactions: maverixz

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
The nvflash process is most likely unnecessary. Download a fresh copy of 10.3 and wipe data/cache/dalvik twice. Then, format the sdcard to make sure there is no bad information left on the internal storage. Don't forget to copy off your personal files as they will be destroyed.

Post back your results.

Thanks Tek, I just finished the NVflash and the SD card format process. I'm about to install the ROM now and will update you afterwards.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

After completing the entire setup, I tried to download Dropbox to test the market and I got the same error message I had gotten a few times in the previous installations of the ROM................ "Dropbox" could not be downloaded due to an error.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Gtalk authentication failed again.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Thanks Tek, I just finished the NVflash and the SD card format process. I'm about to install the ROM now and will update you afterwards.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

After completing the entire setup, I tried to download Dropbox to test the market and I got the same error message I had gotten a few times in the previous installations of the ROM................ "Dropbox" could not be downloaded due to an error.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Gtalk authentication failed again.

The first thing I want you to try is to perform a market fix. Go into settings, applications, manage applications, and clear the data and force close the market and both google service frameworks. Then, open up the market and you will receive an error. If you do not receive this error repeat the process above until you do. After receiving the error reboot and try downloading application from the market again.

If that fails, go into settings accounts and sync and remove your google account, then reboot and re add your google account and then try the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: maverixz

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
This isn't a new problem (I've had it with all the Honeycomb ROMs I've used), but when I hold the power button and choose "Recovery", my G Tablet doesn't boot into recovery, it just reboots normally. I can only get into recovery by holding the volume up button while rebooting. Is this normal? It isn't really a big deal, but I thought I'd report it.

I'm running Flashback 10.3.

This is normal. However, when you are in recovery do not press reboot into recovery option otherwise it will stick your tablet in a recovery boot loop.

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
The first thing I want you to try is to perform a market fix. Go into settings, applications, manage applications, and clear the data and force close the market and both google service frameworks. Then, open up the market and you will receive an error. If you do not receive this error repeat the process above until you do. After receiving the error reboot and try downloading application from the market again.

If that fails, go into settings accounts and sync and remove your google account, then reboot and re add your google account and then try the market.

Thanks again Tek. I tried the steps and it took the second stage of removing the Google account to get me going. I appreciate your help. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE - Flashback 10.3 (12/07/2011) - See Downloads (below)

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs.

Acknowledgments
    Roebeet, Mrguy, Pershoot, Zebwen, Clemsyn and all the Adam and VEGA developers, for this excellent port. If you have contributed something I used let me know and I will add you here.

Pre-requisites
    1. Setup and learn how to use nvflash. This is your backout in case something bad happens, so I would recommend you understand how to use this, in advance.
    2. Have your device on a stock 1.2-based ROM / mod baseline. For example, build 4349 is the latest 1.2-based stock ROM, as of this writing.

NVFlash
    -NVFlash rev5 by tlb1961 (Detailed Instructions for Windows and Linux included in download)

Installation for 1.2-based stock (also, see Changelog)
    Options for Installing Flashback:

Option 1 (Update)
    Download/Copy Flashback-10.X.zip to Internal SDCard (USB storage)
    Shutdown and boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
    1. Wipe cache partition
    2. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    3. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    4. Install from SDCard
    5. Choose zip from SDCard
    6. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    7. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    8. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    9. Reboot system

Option 2 (Clean)
    1. Wipe data/Factory reset
    2. Wipe cache partition
    3. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    5. Install from SDCard
    6. Choose zip from SDCard
    7. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    8. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    9. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    10. Reboot system

Option 3 (Wipe & Format)
    1. Wipe data/Factory reset
    2. Wipe cache partition
    3. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    5. Moints and Storage:
    > Format boot
    > Format cache
    > Format data
    > Format system
    > Format sdcard - OPTIONAL (FOR ADVANCED USE ONLY)
    6. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    7. Install from SDCard
    8. Choose zip from SDCard
    9. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X-signed.zip
    10. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X-signed.zip
    11. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    12. Reboot system

Disaster recovery - 'tlb1961' NVFlash (see above)

Flashback Team Members
    HiTekRedneck
    jazzruby
    OtherGuy
    rowwor
    Sharpe351
    TEK112
    tlb1961
    tlbardelljr

Downloads
    Flashback 10.3 (updated 12/07/2011)
    Download Link: http://dev-host.org/dn0au4ajdokt/Flashback-10.3-signed.zip
    MD5: ce7898ecb48b0a0a9d0b0d45d99b9669

Pershoot's kernel 2632.48 11/24/2011 (included in Flashback 10.3)
    Download Link: http://dev-host.org/ol6timuj4aw1/pershoots_2632.48_gb_newbl-112411-signed.zip
    MD5: 6606eb179ff22d4738da0b62e14187bd

Clemsyn's kernel Honeycomb Trial 5
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7s7c1anfv1pnfe3

Changelog
    Flashback (see Post #2)

Pics
    Changelog:

Flashback 10.3
    Updated kernel/WiFi modules

Recommended install method for Flashback 10.3:
    'Update' install for 10.2 > 10.3
    'Clean' install for all others

Flashback 10.2
    Files added:
    GalleryNew3DGoogle

Files updated:
    Browser (Homepage)
    Superuser (3.0.7) - If doing an 'Update' install, you must 'Uninstall update' from Settings > Applications > All
    framework-res (Wallpaper)
    updater-script (corrected 1 line)
    boot.img (new kernel)

Files removed:
    TitaniumBackup (issues) - If doing an 'Update' install, you must 'Uninstall update' from Settings > Applications > All
    StatusbarToggle (issues)
    Wallpapers (app not stock)
    [/system/data] folder (contains 3rd party appps and will provide as a separate download)

Recommended install method for Flashback 10.2:
    'Clean' install, due to system apps, i.e. TitaniumBackup and Superuser

'Update' install, (for experienced users and from 10.1 only) - You must 'Uninstall update' for TitaniumBackup and Superuser from Settings > Applications > All

-JR-
    Here you go. Im running fb 10.3 and had issues with flash/Opera so what i did was took these 2 versions of flash and the version of Opera that was in that 1 data folder from 10.1, put them imto dropbox, and use them with whatever hc rom im using. I havent had any problems since. if the links dont work let me know and ill email them to you. THis should resolve your issue.

http://db.tt/AJf0rFCL http://db.tt/NKBKdPWN
    Sent from my gTablet using XDA Premium App
    \* TeamWin Recovery Project */

I created an update patch to copy the TeamWin recovery binary to [/system/etc/recovery] and a script to [/system/bin] that will allow you to flash/install it internally via Terminal Emulator.

Flashback-TWRP-1.2-patch-signed.zip
    md5: 2317bdea544f0074415815a996161655

Flash like you would any update.zip - No Wipes Needed.

This update zip WILL NOT flash your recovery; use must do that while in the ROM.

Download and Flash the zip, reboot back into the ROM

Open/Run Terminal Emulator and type the following (blue text):
    $ su - become Superuser

TeamWin Recovery Project
    # twrprecovery.sh - flash/install TeamWin Recovery Project

ClockworkMod:
    # cwmrecovery.sh - flash/install ClockworkMod Recovery

Stock:
    # fixrecovery.sh - flash/install Stock Recovery

-JR-
    Thanks for the kind words. Nvidia is being stingy with the drivers. Team DRH has an ICS ROM that is very nice and they are pounding away to get the drivers. It looks like they might actually get them. However, I don't foresee it in the near future.