886 posts
Thanks Meter: 565

By netham45, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 12:01 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th January 2013, 02:47 AM |#31  
Flag Elmhurst, IL
Thanks Meter: 6

More
In terms of System Specs, full Win 8 expects way more than 98 does hardware-wise :U Very optimistically, the newest win version the RT could propably run well in Bochs is XP Tablet Edition. Also, a strange part of me finds amusement in using modern hardware of a exotic architecture to... run ancient OS.

Also as it turns out Bochs is somewhat more complicated than Virtualbox or Virtual PC... Couldn't get it to work.

11th January 2013, 02:50 AM |#32  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Argent

In terms of System Specs, full Win 8 expects way more than 98 does hardware-wise :U Very optimistically, the newest win version the RT could propably run well in Bochs is XP Tablet Edition.

Also as it turns out Bochs is somewhat more complicated than Virtualbox or Virtual PC... Couldn't get it to work.

Bochs is a very minimalistic emulator, Virtualbox and VirtualPC are comparatively quite complex.

I can tell you from playing with it it won't load modern Ubuntu Live CDs, and Windows 95 keeps one core on the tablet at 100% with noticeable lag.
The Following User Says Thank You to netham45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netham45 Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 02:53 AM |#33  
Flag Elmhurst, IL
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ah. Thanks for saving me some disappointment there... Regardless, this exploit's a pretty monumental thing! Can't wait for the open-source favorites to be ported.
11th January 2013, 02:58 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No worky for me, tried and it didn't work. Rebooted and tried again after leaving on desktop for minute or so, didn't work, gets stuck on press volume down, and pressing and/or holding it doesn't do anything. Went into settings and did latest updates, restarted, left in desktop for a couple minutes and still gets stuck on press volume down. It shows the volume going down, the button isn't broken, but the program isn't responding. Also tried volume down on external wireless keyboard and still nothing.
11th January 2013, 03:56 AM |#35  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnweaving

No worky for me, tried and it didn't work. Rebooted and tried again after leaving on desktop for minute or so, didn't work, gets stuck on press volume down, and pressing and/or holding it doesn't do anything. Went into settings and did latest updates, restarted, left in desktop for a couple minutes and still gets stuck on press volume down. It shows the volume going down, the button isn't broken, but the program isn't responding. Also tried volume down on external wireless keyboard and still nothing.

this is on a surface yes? other Windows RT devices may handle the volume down signal differently which would warrant more exploration
11th January 2013, 03:59 AM |#36  
Flag Nanjing

More
well done!
11th January 2013, 04:37 AM |#37  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

this is on a surface yes? other Windows RT devices may handle the volume down signal differently which would warrant more exploration

Yes, on Surface RT tablet 16Gb model. Tried multiple times and stil hangs at press volume down.
11th January 2013, 04:48 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Couple of things I would like to note...

1. This process worked flawless on my ASUS VivoTab RT (tf600t) using version 1.2 of the batch file. I did not modify it in any way, just followed instructions.(check screengrab attached)

2. I uploaded the Notepad ++ app to my dropbox... saving you the trouble of "creating an account" https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0i5ue7bv8u6atn/sjz67i9ler

3. The 7Zip app trips virustotal, but only a single detection. I will be monitoring these apps for maliciousness as they come out (and no not just with virus total)

https://www.virustotal.com/file/1a53...is/1357876058/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RT_h4x.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1634969  
11th January 2013, 06:12 AM |#39  

More
Heres a video of my tablet trying to run the batch filehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iLd...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
11th January 2013, 06:20 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Calculator Works Perfectly
Works perfectly just make sure you run as Administrator!
11th January 2013, 09:53 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnweaving

Heres a video of my tablet trying to run the batch filehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iLd...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

The same thing happens to me exactly in vivo asus tab rt
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hack, jailbreak, windows, windows rt, winrt
Previous Thread Next Thread