[Q] Camera Can't Connect - Poss Hardware

Search This thread

sweeds

Jul 13, 2011
Boston
The camera app fails to open. It shows a blank screen and error message saying "phone can't connect'. There is also an audible beeping when I open the camera. Also, no other camera apps from Google Play work (3rd party cameras, instagram, etc).

This started happening when I flashed 4.4 CM, but I also had hardware replaced on my phone around the same time. This makes it harder to diagnose.

What I've done, to no avail:
  • clear phone data / cache
  • full data wipe
  • reinstal lAOSP camera apk
  • /cameradata fix from xda thread
  • Clean flash new ROM
  • Restore AOSP & TW ROMS
  • Odin to barebones 4.1 stock

Camera app still can't connect. Since I Odin'd back to stock, and problem still persist -- I believe it's a hardware issue. Like a misaligned pin connecting the camera. I'm going to have it looked at, but opened a thread to get any reassurance or alternative suggestions.

Additional Edit:
I typed in *#22745927 to enable hidden menus, and then *#0*# for General Test Mode. The "Mega Cam" (Back-facing) still has same error message. I strongly think it's hardware now.

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
The camera app fails to open. It shows a blank screen and error message saying "phone can't connect'. There is also an audible beeping when I open the camera. Also, no other camera apps from Google Play work (3rd party cameras, instagram, etc).

This started happening when I flashed 4.4 CM, but I also had hardware replaced on my phone around the same time. This makes it harder to diagnose.

What I've done, to no avail:
  • clear phone data / cache
  • full data wipe
  • reinstal lAOSP camera apk
  • /cameradata fix from xda thread
  • Clean flash new ROM
  • Restore AOSP & TW ROMS
  • Odin to barebones 4.1 stock

Camera app still can't connect. Since I Odin'd back to stock, and problem still persist -- I believe it's a hardware issue. Like a misaligned pin connecting the camera. I'm going to have it looked at, but opened a thread to get any reassurance or alternative suggestions.

Additional Edit:
I typed in *#22745927 to enable hidden menus, and then *#0*# for General Test Mode. The "Mega Cam" (Back-facing) still has same error message. I strongly think it's hardware now.

Sounds like hardware issue. You mentioned that you replaced hardware, possible check the connectors. It happened once to me when I took my phone apart and the connector is not flush to the board. In my case I press on the camera lens and the connector snap back into place.