[Dump] All /system partition files from Nokia X

Search This thread

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Soon after Nokia X official announcement at MWC 2014, Nokia Remote Device Access servers updated the list of available phones, including Nokia X now. After messing around a while, I managed to get a copy of all contents of the /system partition from a device connected remotely and I'm sharing it now. The dump contains APKs from system applications, framework files, libraries as well as the boot animations, sounds and fonts, so this may be useful for other developers/modders.

The device I had remote access was a Nokia X dual SIM running firmware 10.0.3-eng (more details in the attached screenshot)...
Download now from MEGA (198.3 MB)
Dev-Host mirror (thanks to @mattlgroff)

NOTE: I won't update the content of the dump -- Make good use of what's included or get the firmware yourself from Nokia Care Suite or NaviFirm+ if you want something that's not included in this dump, no more questions (or PMs) about it, thanks...

Last edited:

Patacho

Feb 8, 2012
Right now it looks like apps aren't working without proper framework. Just installing is insufficient.
Kitkat on Moto G here.

[Update 1]
- Nokia Store is successfully installed but doesn't show any app.
- Nokia Here just shows splash screen.
- Music player only shows music on phone (doesn't play anything)
- Calc and calendar doesn't install
- Launcher installs correctly but FC.

Last edited:
Reactions: qepaxhiu

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Do you have the name of the missing ones? I can try to get them too...

EDIT: uh, no way... Trying to access some files will instantly close the connection, the dump I uploaded already includes all files I could access...

Last edited:
Reactions: qepaxhiu

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune

@mbc07 I really appreciate your work! but can you (or somebody else) please mirror the files?
I cant download from MEGA, it sucks for my ISP connection.:rolleyes:

pete_es

Nov 18, 2007
Flash files can be downloaded from Navifirm + or from Nokia:

Type: RM-980 Product Code for Golbal English Swap Variant: 059V301

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
can someone get the ro.hardware prop (No Root needed)
just type
getprop ro.hardware <press enter>in terminal
or in adb shell

Last edited:

showstopper1

I've just managed porting nokia x to my snapdragon 200 device, everything ok except FCing on Here maps and Internet browser. Can someone upload boot.img somewhere? TIA.

qcom

are u kidding thats great,Nokia x launcher working for you?
By the way they are still trying to get a recovery if they do the boot.IMG should be there,but I'm not sure whether nokia released the stock firmware on their site,if so that can also help a bit in getting the boot.IMG.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and it's booting on HD2 XD
    sure, everything not working, including suspending device, but it's a booting port :p
    Soon after Nokia X official announcement at MWC 2014, Nokia Remote Device Access servers updated the list of available phones, including Nokia X now. After messing around a while, I managed to get a copy of all contents of the /system partition from a device connected remotely and I'm sharing it now. The dump contains APKs from system applications, framework files, libraries as well as the boot animations, sounds and fonts, so this may be useful for other developers/modders.

The device I had remote access was a Nokia X dual SIM running firmware 10.0.3-eng (more details in the attached screenshot)...
    Download now from MEGA (198.3 MB)
    Dev-Host mirror (thanks to @mattlgroff)

NOTE: I won't update the content of the dump -- Make good use of what's included or get the firmware yourself from Nokia Care Suite or NaviFirm+ if you want something that's not included in this dump, no more questions (or PMs) about it, thanks...
    good guy nokia for naming a ton of new layouts and png nokia_ :p

makes much easier to see what they did with framework UI :3
    Framework and libraries are included in the dump too, someone may be able to port it to other phones...