[TUTORIAL] How To Unlock Nand Protection ~ Part-2 [Gaining RW Access/Full Root]

Search This thread

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Sorry for reviving an old thread but does anyone have the ENG hboot? all the links I find for it are dead...

***Nevermind***

Found it while downloading another zip from Capt Throwbacks Dev-Host. Thanks a bunch Capt, you are the man! You helped me without even doing anything! :p

Last edited:

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
i tried this out and i keep getting this:

Code:
root@android:/ # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
root@android:/ # chmod 755 /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
root@android:/ # /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
Segmentation fault
139|root@android:/ #

buzz86us

Jun 24, 2011
does this give me full s-off? I tried the revolutionary method and it doesn't work because there are some bad blocks on the nand.

buzz86us

Jun 24, 2011
You won't be able to use this. This was only for Froyo 2.2 if you have bad blocks there is nothing you can do about it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

OK I guess I give up on S-OFF I have since been running a custom rom...this is the first HTC phone that I rooted in this way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so this PC36IMG.zip is older, version 1.15 and engineering build with eng hboot where the other 1st posted PC36IMG.zip is version 1.32 and a userdebug build so no eng hboot?
    Correct.. the file MUST be named PC36IMG.zip, because that's what the radio looks for when doing an automatic RUU flash. Otherwise we would name them differently, based on what they are :) which would make it easier to keep track of
    where do you see these version numbers, 1.15 and 1.32?
    The version number is the "Build number" and "Software number" you see in About Phone. The eng one is called 1.15.651.1, and the stock one is "1.32.651.1". The misc.img replaces 1.32 with 1.15, and that allows it to flash.
    does this give me full s-off? I tried the revolutionary method and it doesn't work because there are some bad blocks on the nand.

You won't be able to use this. This was only for Froyo 2.2 if you have bad blocks there is nothing you can do about it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app