[Q] 4.4.2 Issues / Help with downgrading?

Search This thread

Lethus

Jun 12, 2014
I am having responsivity issues with my p605 touch screen.
Issues started after flashing the 4.4.2 P605XXUCNE2. This would indicate a software issue.

I previously had stock 4.3 with root.

What happens is the touch screen stops responding for a millisecond at a time.
The way it behaves is sometimes the touch screen doesn't register a tap or while pinching screen stops responding.
As in I keep pinching and in the middle of the movement the screen stops responding to finger movement.

I tried flashing P605XXUCNE2 again without fixing the issue.

Could it be some settings or developer settings thing?

Any ideas? Has anyone had similar issues? Help appreciated!

I am thinking that could downgrading back to 4.3 fix the problem.
Could someone give advice how to downgrade back to 4.3 if it is even possible?

xda_user_p600

Dec 30, 2013
I had exactly the same issue, if I understand you correctly. (Don't look at my name, I got P605 instead).

After updating, I had responsitivity issues. They disappeared after I re-flashed again with Boot Loader Update, and did full system wipe, then updated all of the possible stock apps.

The lag disappeared all by itself. I rooted in the process, ofcourse (twrp+supersu).

Reactions: Lethus

Lethus

Jun 12, 2014
I had exactly the same issue, if I understand you correctly. (Don't look at my name, I got P605 instead).

After updating, I had responsitivity issues. They disappeared after I re-flashed again with Boot Loader Update, and did full system wipe, then updated all of the possible stock apps.

The lag disappeared all by itself. I rooted in the process, ofcourse (twrp+supersu).

Could you explain all the phases please.
Especially what do you mean with Boot Loader Update and how to do full system wipe?
Did you update stock apps via google play? etc...

Thank you very much! :)

xda_user_p600

Dec 30, 2013
Could you explain all the phases please.
Especially what do you mean with Boot Loader Update and how to do full system wipe?
Did you update stock apps via google play? etc...

Thank you very much! :)
I just flashed it with latest official firmware available. "Boot Loader Update" is an option on Odin, the flashing tool.

Full system wipe was done via TWRP, but I believe it can be done in android too.

If you are unfamiliar with flashing and how to solve eventual problems, I advice either not to do it, or Alternatively, you could go with rooting and voiding knox.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.