HTC Desire VC

Search This thread

nikhilalobo

Jun 21, 2013
Help need the rooting kit

hello sir,
i have similar problem with my desire vc and i cant find a copy anywhere to restore my phone. Please can you upload a copy of rom so i can use to restore my htc. I will be very grateful as i have tried to get back to stock rom with no success

i have the same problem sir coul dyou please send me a copy of the same

jazzyoneman

Aug 25, 2013
htc dvc unable to mount sdcard

My DVD unable to mount sdcard on twrp or cwm after flashing rom from needrom, can it fixes,

bsharma

Mar 6, 2014
HTC desire vc

Hello,

I do use a HTC desire vc mobile phone and would like to by pass the ring icon for opening the menu items. I have installed the Gravity screen pro application and this helps sometimes in by passing the ring icon to open to reach the applications. Is there any other method to completely remove the ring icon?
What is the best Gravity screen configuration with a flip cover so as to save power and also not use the power & ring icon.

BSharma

j13smiley

Dec 10, 2010
columbus, oh
smiley.tzo.com
Hello,

I do use a HTC desire vc mobile phone and would like to by pass the ring icon for opening the menu items. I have installed the Gravity screen pro application and this helps sometimes in by passing the ring icon to open to reach the applications. Is there any other method to completely remove the ring icon?
What is the best Gravity screen configuration with a flip cover so as to save power and also not use the power & ring icon.

BSharma

maybe this....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525482

bsharma

Mar 6, 2014
Time/battery power based application manager

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to an time/power level based application manager. I do use battery doctor which can manage my phone by switching off the phone based on time. I would like to know of any battery saver or application managers which would switch off my application ( for example specific application running such as flip on etc) based on the level of power in the mobile.

Thanks,
S.B. Sharma

drtinny

Jul 9, 2014
Htc desire vc stuck on logo screen

Hi,
I need help, recently while updating software my htc desire vc stuck on logo screen....tried everything but no help...now in recovery mode its Unlocked status, s-on, & ClockworkmodRecovery is installed....How to boot from custom ROM or original ROM...plz help me out. Thanks in advance

wmuflyer

Feb 14, 2011
Kalamazoo
Updating from what to what?

With s-on you need to extract the boot.img from the new rom and flash it through fastboot if there have been any changes to it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

Hi,
I need help, recently while updating software my htc desire vc stuck on logo screen....tried everything but no help...now in recovery mode its Unlocked status, s-on, & ClockworkmodRecovery is installed....How to boot from custom ROM or original ROM...plz help me out. Thanks in advance

Reactions: drtinny

drtinny

Jul 9, 2014
Updating from what to what?

With s-on you need to extract the boot.img from the new rom and flash it through fastboot if there have been any changes to it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

Hi,
I am really thankful for your reply, Actually I updated the software in mobile which came there ,till then everything was ok, but after downloading & installing when mobile restarted it stuck at logo screen , since then trying google & came to this forum...One more thing If I wish to start with fresh ROM where I will get that. I am newbie so will take time to understand these technical things, but will try my best.
Thanks,

wmuflyer

Feb 14, 2011
Kalamazoo
I think this thread was started because it is similar to the Incredible 4G LTE but you might have better luck over here
http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-v

Looks like you're already over there, Good luck.

Hi,
I am really thankful for your reply, Actually I updated the software in mobile which came there ,till then everything was ok, but after downloading & installing when mobile restarted it stuck at logo screen , since then trying google & came to this forum...One more thing If I wish to start with fresh ROM where I will get that. I am newbie so will take time to understand these technical things, but will try my best.
Thanks,

Reactions: drtinny

nh172645609

Jul 27, 2014
I think Desire VC isn't same to In4G
SOC of Desire VC is MSM8930 with Adreno 305 GPU,is different from In4G.
Exactly,HTC One S(S4) is more similar to In4G

drsagar1987

Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Downloaded stock rom already. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And the screen resolution is lower. Meh! It is more like a match for the Dinc2, except it seems even worse than the Dinc2! :eek: What???

Older CPU than Droid Incredible 2 (MSM7227A, Snapdragon S1 vs MSM8255 Snapdragon S2)
    Lesser RAM (512 MB vs 768 MB)
    Lower Res Camera (5 MP vs 8 MP)...
    A 2010 phone sporting a 2011 OS in 2012... Thank you very much HTC, just what I want. No one can justify the existence of this phone. EVEN as a budget phone it is sub-par.
    A 2010 phone sporting a 2011 OS in 2012... Thank you very much HTC, just what I want. No one can justify the existence of this phone. EVEN as a budget phone it is sub-par.

I mean, it's intended for a totally different market, which makes a difference. The main feature of this phone is the CDMA/GSM dual-band capability. It isn't intended to be a flagship device, it's just intended to fill some gaps in the international market.
    Hello.

My HTC desire VC is stuck on HTC logo screen just after a booting sound and showing "HTC quietly brilliant , Beatsaudio" .
    Android can't start anymore.

My phone is already rooted under the instruction of root for htc desire vc

After rooting, I install the "font installer root" and I chose some system fonts to be replaced in this application.
    As soon as after rebooting, the problem started.

I have downloaded the kernel from htcdev.com but I don't know what it is for and how to use it.

please reply me as soon as possible.

You're in the wrong forum, although it appears you don't have a forum for your device on XDA.

The kernel isn't going to help you, you just need to push back your default fonts. If you knew how to use adb, that'd be really simple. If you don't know how, Google it. If there's even one available, download a ROM and pull the /system/fonts/ folder and push it through adb to your device. If all else fails, do a factory reset through HBOOT. You might lose everything, but at least your device will work.
    There is only Kernel available in htcdev.com . I've downloaded it.
    My friend has the same handset with me. (HTC Desire VC) but his ph is not rooted .
    Can I take some files from him ?

Potentially, yes, you could. Use ADB on his device to pull /system, then push it to your device's /system. I don't know if this could cause problems, but it might let you boot and save any important data then do a factory reset if needed.
    I got it. thanks
    I backup my friend's ROM and restore back to mine using CWM nandroid recovery.

But, after this, I can't switch on wifi and bluetooth. It shows error. What's wrong with that ?

you need to flash the kernel with boot.img using adb