DNA vs Maxx HD

Search This thread

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I had the extended battery that was 2750. After the updates, it got much better battery life and has a good radio.

And from what I understand is the 4.5 hours was unplugging it and 4.5 hours straight. That doesn't translate to unplugging at 6:30 am, screen on for 4.5 hours, then be at 10% at 10:00 at night.

My first day today with the Maxx, I unplugged at 3:00 am, talked on the phone for an hour, and had 5.5 hours on screen time by 9:00 pm when I plugged it in. I was on it playing with settings a lot and reading while I was fixing a computer with its 20 reboots. I am guessing the DNA would have been dead at 3:00 pm. Lol

Wife still has bolt with extended battery and it doesn't get those screen on times. Hell, my rebound with extended battery doesn't hit those times. That 4.5 hours was a battery test looping a video.
Glad you found a phone that meets your needs. I found the razr very uncomfortable to hold.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

syntrix

Nov 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Did I mention that I can kill my maxx hd in less than 8 hours?

I want someone to give me a DNA, I will be your benchmark authority and do my best to kill it in less than an hour! I do respect the traveling aspect, and not having to worry about another battery pack or chargers or mobs at airports fighting over the only 2 outlets in a terminal!

ML417

Jul 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
while this solution might not be reliable for phones, but my mom would always carry around a power strip with her when traveling with her laptop. it's as easy as asking the person using the outlet if they mind quickly unplugging to plug in the power strip.

for the average person who has a 30 min or so commute to work, I would recommend a 1-2Ah car charger, you'll get a fast charge on the way home and it will last for the rest of the night assuming it lasts through work.

I really haven't had a problem with my external battery either, it's not that inconvenient to have it in your pocket with a semi long cord and just pull out the phone while having the cord going into your pocket. I also carry my phone on a universal holster so the cable is just going from it straight into the pocket when not in use and i still have full access to the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find it interesting when there's a battery life discussion there's always someone saying "all you need to do is A, B, and C and you should get through your day".

I work construction and there's constant battles over there never being enough outlets, besides do you want your $600+ phone sitting there with 40-50 strangers walking past it? I went almost a year carrying a 5000mah battery pack for my RAZR and it's a royal PITA pulling that whole mess out of your pocket every time you get a call, message or just want to skip a song on Pandora. TuneIn radio can kill a 1700 battery by 1 pm.

You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to jump through hoops trying to do everything you can to save battery life. Turning on/off lte, gps, wifi, and airplane mode when it's needed, brightness to minimum, trying to plug in for a minute here and there to get that precious charge.

Anyone that tells others to jump through all those hoops obviously lives and works next to power outlets 24/7 or their life is so dull that they look forward to babysitting their settings like having another child.

A big freaking battery just works. No merry go round swapping of settings or constantly eyeing the battery meter. Put your settings where you want, leave lte on, then just unplug it when you get up then plug it in when you go to bed.

Do i wish i had the guts of the DNA? Of course. Would i give up the huge battery and 48gb of storage for it? Not even if it was free. I will never be chained to an outlet again.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX using the XDA Developer App
    why not spend $50 on a really good battery pack rather than an extra $100 for a bit more battery in the phone? I personally carry a small 5600 mAh external battery that cost me $35 as to render battery life a non-issue

The Razr Maxx HD is only $200 on Amazon - $180 with a new plan. The price of the phone dropped substantially the day after its release. I'd also personally find the battery charger annoying to carry around and plug in and would rather buy a phone with the battery life I need.
    I never understood the travel argument. First all airports have charging ports. .

Are you a member of the Admiral's club or something? I travel a lot and there is a fight to get to an open outlet - often you'll find one on the floor by the window where no seats are. I've been to a couple of airports that have some outlets but for the most part there is about 1 outlet per 100 passengers.
    I find it interesting when there's a battery life discussion there's always someone saying "all you need to do is A, B, and C and you should get through your day".

Well said. For many of us, we just want a phone that works reliably for a 24 hour period with normal use. We don't have to buy a thicker battery for it, buy a spare battery for it, buy a car battery and strap it under our shoulder, walk within the radius of an extension cord or only turn our phone on when we have to actually use it or scheduled an incoming call.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Most airports I've been to have those Samsung branded charging stations everywhere. LOL for Admirals club...;)

And how many people at JFK, LaGuardia, OHD, ATL, LAX, DFW etc do you see fighting for access? Do you see one at every gate?