[ATTENTION] XT926 update

Search This thread

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
Hi,

I'm uploading FXZ update for XT926 "VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml.zip" which seems to me to be just a hotfix to the BL unlock exploit. I don't know what it does but I certainly recommend you to unlock your bootloaders BEFORE you flash it.

Last edited:

jimmydafish

Nov 10, 2007
Hi,

I'm uploading FXZ update for XT926 "VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-2_VQW_CFC.xml.zip" which seems to me to be just a hotfix to the BL unlock exploit. I don't know what it does but I certainly recommend you to unlock your bootloaders BEFORE you flash it.

do you mean MR-4, as MR-2 was already pushed out and posted.

if you do mean MR-2 then the bootloader exploit was not patched in it.

UPDATE:

I have it on good authority that MR-4 does not patch the bootloader exploit.

UPDATE:

The root exploit motochopper still works on this build as well.

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Isn't this the same build we've been running?
Derp. Nvm. See it's MR-4
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Root still works on it, as well. Thanks for posting this!

Edit: geeze I can read... Really. Lol. I see root mentioned above. Sorry.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
But what is it and why did it show up as a full XML without any OTA being pushed or available.

It doesn't contain a radio update either.

Very curious...

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
An excellent question. I'm unlocked and flashed everything except recovery, rerooted, and it works fine for me. But it'd be nice to know what's changed.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Will you guys take a screen shot of about phone and post it. I'm curious if it has a new kernel or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
In the past, increments to the MR version generally included a baseband update. That is not the case here nor is there a new kernel.

The XML file is slightly smaller than the MR-2 file, so it's possible they have removed something but not actually added anything at all.

The timing of it's appearance makes it suspect, no doubt, but it appears to be inert.

Very unusual and very curious, nonetheless.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I agree. This seems to have come out of left field. I haven't had any issues with it since I installed it. Very odd indeed.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I agree. This seems to have come out of left field. I haven't had any issues with it since I installed it. Very odd indeed.
P3Droid has said the same thing and can't find any differences in the build at all.

I haven't run it yet on mine mostly due to not having had the time to mess with it till today and the hope that more information would develop by the time I was ready to flash it.

oh well... ;)

Edit: Has anyone run a diff on the partition images yet to find exactly what is missing from the MR-2 build?

Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ok, to answer a few of my own questions...the file sizes are identical for all images except the system.img, which is actually LARGER by almost 2MB for the MR-4 build.

851,467KB for MR-4 vs. 849,755KB for MR-2

I am not booted into Linux to do a proper diff right now, but they did add something to the system and some careful analysis should be able to tell us what it is, even if we don't know what it means yet.

Reactions: mikeyinid

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Good to know. If I get a chance in a bit I'll take a look and see if I can find the difs. I use winimage to open it in windows just an FYI.

EDIT: Ok, so winimage doesn't work for RAZR HD system img's. Also good to know.

Last edited:

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
Good to know. If I get a chance in a bit I'll take a look and see if I can find the difs. I use winimage to open it in windows just an FYI.

EDIT: Ok, so winimage doesn't work for RAZR HD system img's. Also good to know.

Windows doesn't work for a lot of linux related stuffs :p
Might I suggest Daemon Tools Lite? You can mount .img's in that.

Or just fire up a live CD of Ubuntu and check the files there.
Or dual boot Ubuntu. Or delete Windows and run Linux full time. (best choice :p)

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Don't worry about it. :) I developed the House of Bionic Linux version in an Ubunutu VMWare VM. I'm no stranger to the Linux world. :) But Winimage was very handy for Bionic system.img files. They've obviously changed the format for the Snapdragon phones. No big deal.

Reactions: Ban-Hammer

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
No problem. I haven't had time to look at the system img to see what they added.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm uploading FXZ update for XT926 "VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml.zip" which seems to me to be just a hotfix to the BL unlock exploit. I don't know what it does but I certainly recommend you to unlock your bootloaders BEFORE you flash it.
    Word from on high is that it is a maintenance/bug fix of unspecified nature, possibly to Swype and that we should expect to see another more significant maintenance update that is still 4.1.2 before we see any newer versions.
    Ok, to answer a few of my own questions...the file sizes are identical for all images except the system.img, which is actually LARGER by almost 2MB for the MR-4 build.

851,467KB for MR-4 vs. 849,755KB for MR-2

I am not booted into Linux to do a proper diff right now, but they did add something to the system and some careful analysis should be able to tell us what it is, even if we don't know what it means yet.
    Don't worry about it. :) I developed the House of Bionic Linux version in an Ubunutu VMWare VM. I'm no stranger to the Linux world. :) But Winimage was very handy for Bionic system.img files. They've obviously changed the format for the Snapdragon phones. No big deal.