4.4.2 rolling out Monday on Verizon

Search This thread

tjb51681

Apr 15, 2012
stock rooted 4.4.2 zip

Could someone please post a mirror to the stock rooted Verizon 4.4.2 rom.
I tried downloading thru the development link and it was not letting me.

Thank you

tjb51681

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks for the reply. But I was looking for the full stock 4.4.2 rooted rom. That post was just the update?

Please reply if you can be any further help.

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I just got my Max used and unfortunately they upgraded to 4.4.2. How can I unlock my bootloader and S-Off this bad boy? The threads aren't very clear. I used weaksauce to temp root but xposed and Viper do jot work with this method. Could you guys point me in the right direction or is it not possible yet?

HTC One Max

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
I just got my Max used and unfortunately they upgraded to 4.4.2. How can I unlock my bootloader and S-Off this bad boy? The threads aren't very clear. I used weaksauce to temp root but xposed and Viper do jot work with this method. Could you guys point me in the right direction or is it not possible yet?

HTC One Max

Use WEAKSAUCE and then FIREWATER should work. Have you tried that already? What hboot is your device on?

Last edited:

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
I haven't tried that yet no. I will. I'm new to HTC and I don't know what hboot is. How do I find that?

HTC One Max

Power off the device and then hold volume down and power until it boots into bootloader. There you will be able to see if the bootloader is locked or unlocked already (at the top), if you are S-off or S-on and what version Hboot you have so we know where to go from here.

When you are done looking press the power button while it is on the green word FASTBOOT, and then press volume down once to select REBOOT and then press the power button again to reboot.

Last edited:

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Power off the device and then hold volume down and power until it boots into bootloader. There you will be able to see if the bootloader is locked or unlocked already (at the top), if you are S-off or S-on and what version Hboot you have so we know where to go from here.

When you are done looking press the power button while it is on the green word FASTBOOT, and then press volume down once to select REBOOT and then press the power button again to reboot.

OK. It's S-on RH
Hboot- 2.49.0000

HTC One Max

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Firewater should be good to go.

I'm going to sit this one out. I haven't used adb since the Dell streak lol. I'll wait for a possible upgrade to the Super tool.

Now that I think about it its not that hard so I'm going to do it I just had screaming babies in my ear all day and I'm mentally exhausted from it lol.

HTC One Max

Last edited:

thedream83

Jun 21, 2014
Help

Hey Can you help me find the link to the latest radio so I can flash it using TWRP please.
I have a Sprint HTC ONE MAX unlocked and im having trouble getting anything but edge network. This is my second one but the other one worked fine on HSPA network for ATT, not really sure whats going on with this one

Here ya go..

2.49.0000 Red Text Removed Hboot

Install Instructions..

1. Download the above zip
2. Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
fastboot flash zip NoRedText-t6vzw_2.16.605.2_hboot.zip (this flashes the modified hboot zip file)
fastboot reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to just update your firmware, here is the files and instructions to do so...PLEASE read the whole post before you begin so you're fully prepared.

Files to download

Unedited firmware.zip from OTA

rebootRUU TWRP 2_7.zip (thanks @dottat for the zip)

2.49.0000 No-Red-Text hboot zip (optional, but why not?)

1. Download all the files above and place them in a directory where you can run fastboot (I won't do a writeup about getting fastboot)

2. Boot your phone into bootloader and run the following commands in red

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (Be sure it finishes saying 'successful', not 'please flush again immediately'. If it says the flush again, rerun the command)
    fastboot flash zip TWRP2_7.zip
    fastboot flash zip NoRedText-t6vzw_2.16.605.2_hboot.zip (as stated above, this is optional, but why not?)
    fastboot reboot

The above process will overwrite the boot.img that came with your current ROM, so please pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that you're running, and put the boot.img in your fastboot directory on your computer, reboot your phone into the bootloader, then fun the following commands in red

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot

Edit, if fastboot just says "waiting for device" after commands are entered, close your cmd (windows users) and reopen your cmd with administrative rights. Linux users, add 'sudo' before the commands to run as superuser.
    I am uploading a stock/rooted/deodexed version of the latest update. Will post when it's uploaded. Unfortunately, my upload speeds aren't great, so could be 2-3 hours
    Here it is guys: http://d-h.st/b4Q

^^^OTA^^^
    Yep, it is. Someone with the knowledge should modify the hboot to get rid of the red text at the bottom of the splash screen again.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

Here ya go..

2.49.0000 Red Text Removed Hboot

Install Instructions..

1. Download the above zip
    2. Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
    fastboot flash zip NoRedText-t6vzw_2.16.605.2_hboot.zip (this flashes the modified hboot zip file)
    fastboot reboot
    That did it! I'm back into recovery. what should I do now?

I was S-off before all this went down with vipermax running great. then this stupid update came through and ruined it all

Reflash a rom, I'D recommend ViperMax... But I may be bias ;)