UrukDroid (Android) - developers ONLY thread

Search This thread

Neo Cortex

Aug 10, 2008
Bit reluctant to try it because 1.6RC1 is working so well. Prior to this I had tried stock rom, Chulri's rooted rom and previous version of Urukdroid. Each of them rebooted most days. 1.6RC1 has been running for a week now without a single issue. Is this upgrade likely to be as stable as RC1 or is it not possible to tell yet? I can't see any compelling new features which I want.

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Do backup and you can try ;)

You don't need to upgrade - if you don't see reason for that :)

Piti8576

May 22, 2010
Berlin
Has anyone tested the lcd/hdmi on 1.6RC2?
When i go into settings and activate the lcd/hdmi it jumps back to home, its not going.
Under stock 2.4.65 it works.

I hope its simple to bring it to work on ud.

Neo Cortex

Aug 10, 2008
Do backup and you can try ;)

You don't need to upgrade - if you don't see reason for that :)
Might try it. Does it restore it exactly as it was? I've tried backups on a few Android phones but they have not always been completely successful. Even a nandroid backup on my HTC Hero didn't work properly.

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
It will restore everything from rootfs and/or datafs (depends on what you backup first) - the only thing this will not restore is kernel/initramfs (but this has not changed between 1.6RC1 and 1.6RC2)

simarilon

Mar 11, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Super :)
the update solved all my problems thank you very much. I know this is hard work.
For installer please be patiently it can take up to 15 min :)
I think this was my fouled before.
Best regards
Simarilon

Sent from my A101IT using xda premium

vantoman

Aug 31, 2010
Alexandria
$aur0n , please note that while trying to open mobile networks and set up SIM card lock from 3g stick settings it gives FC . just thought i'd report this issue .

Piti8576

May 22, 2010
Berlin
OK i have the problem with the lcd/hdmi solved.
I have do a fresh installation of stock and urukdroid and now it works.
Is it correct that the intern device memory of a 8gb tablet after a fresh urukdroid installation 5,58gb is?

todobarato

Jan 5, 2011
It was not ready yet - I was testing it.

As far as I can tell - now it should work ;)

Anyway before install please do rootfs backup (from rescuemenu of UrukDroid). You will be able always to get back.

1.6RC2 brings
- 2.4.65 archos fw changes
- updated apps (like su/superuser)
- library linking fixes
- kernel modules update
- upper bar (with buttons) has now 32px height (this was optional in UD 1.5)

We have new kernel modules (because of Ethernet dongle support) - I don't have device to test it. So please, anyone with A101 and proper device please test if it works - if it does, we can work on making it usable for A70 and smaller devices.

Hello $auron,

I have updated my A43, what I have seen is:

1-. Battery is recognized OK by charging, when reach the 99% to 100% it starts to blink the LED and change to state charged.

2-. Bad is that I have one freeze by using Dolphin and one self-reboot, I don’t know the reason.

3 – The system freeze by using Bluetooth on by GPS mouse, this was before on fast all firmware but in Uruk 16RC1 was completely solved and it never freeze again, this issue is back again.

4 – USB tether work ok as before.( Correction: some programs don’t recognize the tether connection, the Network-monitor: says none on Network type, but it shows the transfer rate. Skype: doesn’t connect, it says no network connection. imo says no network but connects and works. Dolphin works. But by connecting and disconnecting the tether is more reliable, on the RC1 the issue was that it not disconnected completely always, it was on one state where the tether button was on but something darker ( The icon on upper bar was showing all the time tether is connected) after push to disconnect. It was not possible to connect again, only reboot was helping or I use the terminal for connect by type: tether_start_usb.sh.Thanks for your hard work.

Best regards,
Ferenc.

Last edited:

SamSan

Dec 27, 2007
Munich
It was not ready yet - I was testing it.

As far as I can tell - now it should work ;)

Anyway before install please do rootfs backup (from rescuemenu of UrukDroid). You will be able always to get back.

1.6RC2 brings
- 2.4.65 archos fw changes
- updated apps (like su/superuser)
- library linking fixes
- kernel modules update
- upper bar (with buttons) has now 32px height (this was optional in UD 1.5)

We have new kernel modules (because of Ethernet dongle support) - I don't have device to test it. So please, anyone with A101 and proper device please test if it works - if it does, we can work on making it usable for A70 and smaller devices.
Hey $aur0n,
- Everything worked perfectly fine.
- Bandwidth consumption is better than Stock.
- This version have USB host 200mv? My pendrive is not detected by Archos 70IT.
- Camera app is still not working. Since Uruk 1.0. Same error, (com.ti.omap4.andorid.camera not responding. or Camera not connected.) When I click camera, screen shows nothing, a camera app with a blank window.
- Charging level and indicator works ok.

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
I've been running RC2 since this morning, in terms of its stability everything is great and the smaller status bar is great especially given that I use Button Saviour! The only thing is I'm getting big problems with deep sleep. When turning off it seems to take about 5 mins to actually enter sleep (led remains on then turns of some time later.) the only issue is if I put the device to sleep and try and resume whilst the led is on (Before it fully enters sleep) it won't resume, power button does nothing. I have to wait for it to finish sleeping then try again. Didn't have this issue in RC1.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

todobarato

Jan 5, 2011
I've been running RC2 since this morning, in terms of its stability everything is great and the smaller status bar is great especially given that I use Button Saviour! The only thing is I'm getting big problems with deep sleep. When turning off it seems to take about 5 mins to actually enter sleep (led remains on then turns of some time later.) the only issue is if I put the device to sleep and try and resume whilst the led is on (Before it fully enters sleep) it won't resume, power button does nothing. I have to wait for it to finish sleeping then try again. Didn't have this issue in RC1.

I have issue with Deepsleep to, my A43 never wake up, I have to reset it.( wifi & Bluetooth was off)

Best regard,

Ferenc.

Last edited:

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
Ive just done a clean install in case something on my device was snarling things up and sadly it still failing to wake from sleep.

jknut

Dec 26, 2010
NJ
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The only thing is I'm getting big problems with deep sleep. When turning off it seems to take about 5 mins to actually enter sleep ...

I reset the timer in CPU Spy and then hit the power button. I waited almost 2 hours then pressed the power button to turn my A70 back on. It came back on with no problems, and CPU Spy reported:

600 MHz - 3 minutes
300 MHz - 16 minutes
Deep Sleep - 88 minutes

arie_i

Sep 16, 2007
rc2 ov

thanks meter 3:

I join the question.
It seems to me that 1.6 rc2 is slower than 1.5 with the ov kernel update

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Yes - you can use 1.6B1/RC1 kernel with RC2 (and overclocked also)

Yes - RC2 has "usb patch"

I don not experience any problems with camera app or deep sleep (like I said - deep sleep won't happend if some network connections are on - sadly Google made their own way to managed power on Linux kernels - despite votes against - and this sometimes may not work with non android apps).

I've experienced HDMI output problems - I had not time to investigate it further.

If you would like to "watch" your system I recommend to use "OS monitor" (it's like top, netstat, ifconfig and few other shell tools with gui ;)).

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
Did you have any time to look into the kernelmodule of the Milestone Overclock package?
Since 1.6 the version isn't working probably because of the used offset.

Greebble

Dec 10, 2007
I've been testing RC2 two days. This kernel works fine and stable. I discover only one problem: transdroid (remote control for transmission server - www.transdroid.org) crashed every time I launch it. Under 1.5.1 it works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is 1.6RC1

This package will also update kernel/initramfs and reboot. It will update apps in /system/app (so if you removed some of them - you may need to do it again). It may show startup configuration wizard - but only to confirm existing configuration.

http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.6/UrukDroid-1.6RC1-update.tbz2

After update - device will reboot itself.

ps. So far UrukDroid 1.5 installation package was downloaded 32593 times :)
    picture.php

This thread is created for developers and developing of UrukDroid ONLY.
    UrukDroid is alternative Android distribution, based on original Archos OS for Archos GEN8 tablets.

Please do not write here questions about installing UrukDroid on tablet - you can do it in default post - here.

All post violating above rule will be deleted.

This thread is created for:
    • manage people and dividing work
    • plan new releases
    • plan new features
    • help between developers
    • gain knowledge, materials
    • feature proposals by users

Things we are currently working on:
    • Sauron: memory I/O tuning
    • cheefy: backup script
    • Sauron: upgrade/install scripts
    • chulri: dvb support

What informations are we looking for:
    • How to prevent Android from going sleep on system level?
    • Format of bootlogo and initlogo.rle on Gen8 (we are aware of rgb2565 converter etc., but with no luck on Archos yet - I've tried different bit settings 4/8/16/24 and resolutions 200x480, 800x480 - Sauron)

Repository for binary and source releases is currently available here.
    UrukDroid 1.5B2

Hi,

Uruk 1.5 beta 2
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2
    130MB f5fc62f433324f3baf51e000f4b187e2 UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2

Upgrade (so will erase probably some settings - just like before)
    - recompiled all modules (missing in beta1) for 3g/ethernet tethering and dvb drivers (but I will abandon all non standard dvb cards - too much work )
    - added (again) adhoc wifi support
    - moved libc to 2.13 (and all binaries)
    - configuration and services fixes, changes etc - fixed cifs modules loading

I've added message during upgrade process if it fails (so perhaps we will know why it failed to erase file on your devices - read messages during process)
    Early Uruk 1.5beta1

Here is early 1.5 (beta1) - please don't use it if you are not confident in your skills (reverting back to 1.1/1.0 is possible - but annoying).
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B1-upgrade.tbz2

It will work as an upgrade of Uruk 1.0, but it's recommended to do it on 1.1 (because you can do full backup in RescueMenu).
    Please copy upgrade file to /data/UrukUpdate and read messages (Uruk 1.1) - device should reboot itself.

It should upgrade like every Uruk but it's NOT tested (upgrade process) so I advice to do rootfs backup (Uruk 1.1 ResceuMenu). Kernel from 1.5 WON'T work with any previous release - so after upgrade it won't be able to boot 1.1.
    This release has probably not working dvb/3g support - but it may work (simply not tested) - it's quite important for me to report what else is missing.

If you want revert back to 1.1 you should flash (from Archos BootMenu) 1.1 kernel/initramfs (http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/) and do rootfs restore from Uruk RescuMenu.

That's probably it :) Good Luck

btw. If you had Uruk market installed, after upgrade it will be gone (there will be icons left) - I recommend to use Arctool to install market (it has newer one and with it's certificates there is no wifi location problem).
    UrukDroid 1.1RC2

1.1RC2 with 2.3.81 changes, some kernel module changes (will see if it still do "soft reboot")
    If anyone knows sure method to trigger "soft reboot" - please let me know...
    First update kernel (/data/UrukUpdate)
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-kernel.tbz2
    Then update file
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-update-rc.tbz2

With some new changes in rescue menu I've added software way to disable SDCard Uruk boot: You can dissable boot from SDCard by naming any of it's partition "noboot" ('root@urukdroid:/root# e2label /dev/block/mmcblk2p1 noboot')
    It's usefull if you have Uruk on both sdcard and internal, and you don't want to remove card every time you want to boot internal (I use sdcard as live backup only now)