FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!
Post Reply Email Thread
I am already on KK 4.4.2, but this morning I woke up and looked at my phone and the screen was on with a system message that the "Updated was completed successfully". However, there was no other info on what update was applied. Anyone else just get some kind of update? Not sure if it was firmware, or just some software update. It certainly didn't affect the KK version as that is all still listed as being the same.
14th May 2014, 06:57 PM |#2  
Flag MARYLAND
Thanks Meter: 100

More
One of your apps probably updated

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th May 2014, 07:15 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicBarbecue

One of your apps probably updated

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No it wasn't an app update. It was a system message popup like you get when a service force closes or a new OS update is ready to be installed.
14th May 2014, 08:58 PM |#4  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Profile update maybe? Sprint RDF site is still at ZVC so I doubt it was a firmware update. I mean I could be wrong and it could be a limited test and you could have been a lucky winner.
14th May 2014, 10:42 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella

Profile update maybe? Sprint RDF site is still at ZVC so I doubt it was a firmware update. I mean I could be wrong and it could be a limited test and you could have been a lucky winner.

That's possible. I can't seem to find what was updated so maybe it was just some profile update or something similar, Maybe some updates to Sprint services they pushed out. Not sure at this point. Typically I only get the system update pop up when it's something like a firmware/profile/etc type of update. Normal app updates just show up in the status bar and don't give me a system pop up.

I just wish I knew what it was for.
15th May 2014, 03:19 AM |#6  
Flag Midland
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiddog

That's possible. I can't seem to find what was updated so maybe it was just some profile update or something similar, Maybe some updates to Sprint services they pushed out. Not sure at this point. Typically I only get the system update pop up when it's something like a firmware/profile/etc type of update. Normal app updates just show up in the status bar and don't give me a system pop up.

I just wish I knew what it was for.

got the same thing when i woke up this morning and still havent been able to figure it out yet either.

Edit: lol also the evo lte apparently had the same thing happen to my son this morning, rebooted and updated something but no clue as to what
15th May 2014, 03:26 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It was new software to make it even easier for the NSA to monitor your communications.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium HD app
15th May 2014, 06:22 AM |#8  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Got a txt from Sprint a few days ago indicating a voicemail update on the 14th, maybe that's what it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to geeksmurf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geeksmurf Ad-Free
16th May 2014, 02:40 AM |#9  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Perhaps a PRL update, I woke up to one this morning... Woooo.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 05:40 AM |#10  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee

Perhaps a PRL update, I woke up to one this morning... Woooo.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

It was indeed a PRL update. I had it pushed to my phone last night. The weird thing tho is I do not believe the PRL update number changed at all. My PRL is now 51100. I thought thats what it was before. I know it was a PRL update cause I had my phone in my hands when it happend and it said prl update completed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)