Can't go into fastboot mode. Please help!

Search This thread

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
Hello. I have a razr I and decided to unlock the bootloader. I tried the button combination power + volume down several times, but the phone just powers up normally (actually rhe screen flashes for a second, but doesn't go into fastboot mode. I trided using adb reboot fastboot but the device just reboots. What can I do about it?

NVM, just did it by fastboot reboot bootloader...

Last edited:

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
Ok, one more thing. It seems my device ignores the key combo, but I was still able to get into fastboot mode by using adb. However, I have tried to flash a custom recovery with no success.
I tred using the supplied installer and after rebooting I get to the open robot screen with the red exclamation mark. Then, after holding some keys (not sure if power or power + volume down I get into recovery, but it's still the stock android recovery. Then I tried flashing the recovery image from fastboot mode. It sait the recovery was flashed, but still cannot boot into recovery. What's wrong with my phone?

AGISCI

Apr 21, 2013
Concepción
www.cromer.cl
Hello. I have a razr I and decided to unlock the bootloader. I tried the button combination power + volume down several times, but the phone just powers up normally (actually rhe screen flashes for a second, but doesn't go into fastboot mode. I trided using adb reboot fastboot but the device just reboots. What can I do about it?

NVM, just did it by fastboot reboot bootloader...

Just incase you need to do it in the future:

Hold volume down, then hold the power button. When it begins to vibrate release the power button and keep the volume down button pressed until you get into fastboot.

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
Just incase you need to do it in the future:

Hold volume down, then hold the power button. When it begins to vibrate release the power button and keep the volume down button pressed until you get into fastboot.

Alright. So how about the never appearing CWM recovery?