[Q] XT925 with XT926 Firmware Brick

Search This thread

cha_niembro

Oct 31, 2013
DISTRITO FEDERAL
Any clue?

Same issue here, no progress trying all methods available...

Have Found something???

Motorola RAZR HD XT925 Telcel
it was bootloader locked, I unlocked from the Motorola website with the code that it was shown, so it is was bootloader unlocked.

I installed the lastest OEM JB from Brazil, it was working fine, it restarted and I had to configure it again, but suddenly there was an update message so I downloaded it, it rebooted and locked the bootloader again.
I cannot access to the Fastboot menu, normal mode, recovery, and all the menu that appears when the three botton reboot is done.

It says that Device is LOCKED, again, it was unlocked before I installed the brazilian firmware, after OTA update, it was locked again.
I have tried to unlock again the bootloader with the same tool, Motorola ha... 4.0 I do not remember the name exactly.
Batery OK

but the message appears
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
Failed to hab check for gpt_backup
failed to load gpt
CDI Read failure

Fastboot reason Invalid GPT

I have tried to install again the last firmware from Brazil, it was not successful
Also tried to install America Movil 4.1.2, does not work

I am not able to do anything right now.
Here is a thread (en espanol) that may help you revive your phone. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2273574 Let me know if this gets you straightened out.

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
Fastboot Error / Invalid GPT

Make sure your phone is recognized in fastboot mode. While in fastboot mode type the following in the command prompt:
Code:
fastboot devices
You should see the devices serial number in the output.

If that works type the following in the command prompt while in fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
Then type the following:
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
When it reboots back into the bootloader attempt to flash the stock firmware again.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

If this is truly what you get when you try to flash then I can guarentee your phone is not connected correctly. It should say USB Connected where it currently says Connect USB.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Make sure the correct drivers are installed. You can get them from HERE. Note that windows will remove your drivers at will. So even if you had them installed before, install them again.

Hello,

I am having the same Invalid GPT errors...

Could you please advise where to type the command prompts that you have listed?

Is it a command prompt on the PC? I don't see the option to do that in RSD.

Thanks

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
Android-adb Location / Fastboot Error

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded, extracted, renamed the platform-tools folder, moved it to my root C:\, and edited the path.

Should I include the ; (semicolon) when I enter the Path in Environmental Variables?

I copied Android-adb to the C: drive and also to the C:\Users>Paulie K folder

However, I get the DOS error when I try to enter "adb devices"

I uploaded a screen-shot...

I think I got the path wrong? Suggestions?

sorry to be a PEBKAC

Thank You

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
Should I include the ; (semicolon) when I enter the Path in Environmental Variables?
Yes, you need to have the semicolon before C:\Android-adb. Just paste this at the end of the path line: ;C:\Android-adb

Mine looks like this:
pathmoto.png

Remember that you only need the content of the platform-tools folder in the C:\Android-adb folder.

The content of my Android-adb folder is this:
\api
\systrace
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
fastboot
NOTICE
source.properties

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
cmd line error / Android-adb fastboot

Yes, you need to have the semicolon before C:\Android-adb. Just paste this at the end of the path line: ;C:\Android-adb

Mine looks like this:
pathmoto.png

Remember that you only need the content of the platform-tools folder in the C:\Android-adb folder.

\api
\systrace
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
fastboot
NOTICE
source.properties

Thanks for listing the contents of the platform-tools folder. I was missing most of these files.

I have repeated the steps & renamed the platform-tools folder & copied it to two directories (please see thumbnails)

Note how my command line defaults to C:\Users\Paulie K>

This is one of the directories where I copied Android-adb, as well as C:\Windows\System32, but I still get the cmd error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
Fastboot cmd working

Mine looks like this:
pathmoto.png

\api
\systrace
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
fastboot
NOTICE
source.properties

The commands work (now that the correct directory & path were included, duhhh).

I have posted a screen-shot as a thumbnail, and the commands worked.

Now my rom won't flash using options 1&2 of the Windows Utility 1.21.

Do you know of any other adb fastboot commands? Or can the other items in the download be of some use?

I'm going to try to download 9.1.41.xt926 and see if it works with RSD.

I have the same fastboot error screen which seems to be related to GPT CID & SP Partition.

Thank You for your help.

samy26

Jun 3, 2015
Bogotà
motorola hd totalmente muerto

The same errors in that log file that I uploaded like "FAILED (remote failure)" or "Invalid partition name" :(

Amigo, mi motorola hd esta total muerto, esto tiene alguna solucion?'
Todo inicio cuando quice cambiarle una pieza q se me rompio, y comenso a generar un herror en la hora, pense en reiniciar, pero no soluciono esto, probe con MOTOROLA RSD, Y UNA ROM Q ME BAJE... pero me boto error y aso fui haciendo varias cosas pero el cel iva de mal en peor....y de un momento a otro el cel se apago y no volvio a prender.....ni siquiera el boton led verde.

Ayuda por favor.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Amigo, mi motorola hd esta total muerto, esto tiene alguna solucion?'
Todo inicio cuando quice cambiarle una pieza q se me rompio, y comenso a generar un herror en la hora, pense en reiniciar, pero no soluciono esto, probe con MOTOROLA RSD, Y UNA ROM Q ME BAJE... pero me boto error y aso fui haciendo varias cosas pero el cel iva de mal en peor....y de un momento a otro el cel se apago y no volvio a prender.....ni siquiera el boton led verde.

Ayuda por favor.

Solution is xda rule stating that posts are to be in english.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

amedeh123

Aug 5, 2012
Anybody had any luck with this?

I flashed back to brazillian JB 4.1, updated through OTA and got this error, cant flash anything at all.

Pls help :(

amedeh123

Aug 5, 2012

Attachments

• xt925unbrick.zip
    96.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: hbenz2008

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015
I need some help right here. I have flashed XT925 by mistake with stock veryzon 4.1.2 (XT926 firmware). I'm stuck in fastboot mode, my Bootloader is LOCKED, thats really weird because I was unlocked before I've tried to update via OTA (my phone was bricked after that OTA update fail). I tried to flash Retail Brasil JB and some other firmwares via fastboot and RSD Lite 6.1.5 with no results... this is what my fastboot screen shows up:
---------------------o---------------------------------
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
failed to hab check for gpt_backup: 0x35
failed to load GPT
CID Read failure
Invalid CID status 0x69
No SP partition found
Fastboot Reason: Invalid GPT
----------------------o---------------------------------

Hope you can help me :S
What version of android were you running before the mistake you made.

Top Liked Posts