[OTA] Android 4.4.2 KitKat (HTC One VZW) update is live! 2/6/14

Search This thread

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
Update 2/11/14: This thread has evolved into a very informative thread! Please take the time to read the many posts in this thread, there is alot of q&a, troubleshooting and general good info. Thanks!!

My wife just checked her stock VZW HTC One, and her download has started. 617 MB in size! Go get your update now for those who are stock. I suggest waiting for our resident developers to do their magic on a custom stock ROM and more.

Note **I had to manually check for an update, and then initiate the download.**

Update: after the OTA downloaded, it did not prompt to install the update. Doing a complete shutdown, then starting the phone normally brings up the prompt for the update. Have fun!

Last edited:

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
What happens if I allow the OTA s-off with a custom recovery?

If you're running a custom recovery, as far as I know the OTA won't run because of the custom recovery. I would HIGHLY advise waiting for a Stock rooted ROM (such as Santod's when it is available), or one of the custom ROM's once they are updated to include the OTA.

Last edited:

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Got any before and after shots of the camera improvements with the new OTA?

Sent from my One using xda premium

arizonaomnia

May 29, 2009
Is it normal for the firmware download to run at 3G speeds? Device Management is running and even though I am connected to WiFi, it is extremely slow and my 3G icon is visible. Also, while I was downloading, I drove home and never went to 4G, which is unusual.

Sent from my HTC One

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I even tried turning data off when connected to WiFi and toggling Global.

Sent from my HTC One

DavidKotzebue

Mar 16, 2012
Just to clarify you can still update via OTA even if you are s-off if you are running the stock ROM and stock recovery. S-off on its own doesn't prevent updates. However, a custom recovery does.

My phone is S-off; rooted; with TWRP Recovery. I just received the notification for the Kit Kat update. I didn't download it, and don't know if it would install - but, I'm reasonably sure it would.

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
Is it normal for the firmware download to run at 3G speeds? Device Management is running and even though I am connected to WiFi, it is extremely slow and my 3G icon is visible. Also, while I was downloading, I drove home and never went to 4G, which is unusual.

Sent from my HTC One

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I even tried turning data off when connected to WiFi and toggling Global.

Sent from my HTC One

May just be due to the number of people downloading at this point. What ROM are you using (Stock I assume, as well as stock recovery)?

jvcjbl

Mar 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Both the Wife and I are downloading it now. Hopefully this fixes her dead notification light issue. The light still works it just notify her of new messages, e-mails, missed calls, etc. I am sure hard reset would fix the issue, just trying to avoid having to spend a couple hours buried in her phone restoring it to how it was.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/htc-one.pdf

Change log from Verizon

jcw122

Nov 23, 2011
It figures they push the update right after I flash a custom recovery :(

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Any real world comments on low light camera improvements?

Or anything else in the update for that matter.

Thanks...

the ONE

It might try to mask the camera issue, but since it's a hardware problem it won't actually fix it completely.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have the system dump from the update ???

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I posted the full odex rom here.
    Should be every bit as useful...if not more so.
    Lol isn't it funny how both CDMA carriers beat both GSM carriers to the update you know there some people out there butt hurt because of this ?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Update 2/11/14: This thread has evolved into a very informative thread! Please take the time to read the many posts in this thread, there is alot of q&a, troubleshooting and general good info. Thanks!!

My wife just checked her stock VZW HTC One, and her download has started. 617 MB in size! Go get your update now for those who are stock. I suggest waiting for our resident developers to do their magic on a custom stock ROM and more.

Note **I had to manually check for an update, and then initiate the download.**

Update: after the OTA downloaded, it did not prompt to install the update. Doing a complete shutdown, then starting the phone normally brings up the prompt for the update. Have fun!
    Agreed. Had to wipe off my glasses and check again when I first saw it. Can't believe we don't even get the option to set the number of attempts.

-Matt

If rooted, its a simple XML edit.
    Not sure why they force that...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Verizon pulled a fast one on me. I am thoroughly impressed.

Here's the link to the changelog:
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/content/dam/support/pdf/system_update/htc-one.pdf

Build Number: 3.11.605.1
    Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2