Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2014, 06:42 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mislav12

start to using AK, about 5-10 hours having no issue and then darknes

In Aero Control settings, try going to GPU Control > Display Color, and make sure "Energy Saver" is not selected.

Quote:

after installing 2nd booth app (nothing else) the phones start to have screen wake up delay, just like now, 2-3 sec. Is it possible to exist some connection or is just coincidence!?

Do you mean 2nd Boot (not Booth)? What exactly are you installing, and where did you get it?

Have you tried changing your governor settings for better wake-up performance? The default governor (Interactive) is set to limit the CPU frequency to 600 MHz when the screen is off, which can cause slow wakeup. In Aero Control, try changing the governor to OnDemand (or set suspend_enabled to 0 for Interactive governor). That might help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Proverbs2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Proverbs2 Ad-Free

6th May 2014, 09:19 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs2

In Aero Control settings, try going to GPU Control > Display Color, and make sure "Energy Saver" is not selected.

Quote:

Do you mean 2nd Boot (not Booth)? What exactly are you installing, and where did you get it?

You're wright, there is no left or right boot for Defy , i was thinking about 2ndInitDefy app, just didn't read well before posted. Defy on stock ROM with this app (only rooted, and 2ndInit installed!) became lagy when call is reciving.

Have you tried changing your governor settings for better wake-up performance? The default governor (Interactive) is set to limit the CPU frequency to 600 MHz when the screen is off, which can cause slow wakeup. In Aero Control, try changing the governor to OnDemand (or set suspend_enabled to 0 for Interactive governor). That might help.

Will try tomorrow and report.

Thanks a lott.
7th May 2014, 02:50 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mislav12

i was thinking about 2ndInitDefy app, just didn't read well before posted. Defy on stock ROM with this app (only rooted, and 2ndInit installed!) became lagy when call is reciving.

That's very strange. I wonder if the SndInitDefy app is somehow conflicting with another app that you use. Try taking logs with CatLog and see if that provides any clues.
9th May 2014, 09:14 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

That's very strange. I wonder if the SndInitDefy app is somehow conflicting with another app that you use. Try taking logs with CatLog and see if that provides any clues.

To late for log taking, won't go back on stock rom. Beside, settings for Aero K. you recommend are super, no problem annymore. Got my voice on presidential elections!
10th May 2014, 03:48 PM |#15  

More
Thanks for compiling this guide. I've been using OmniRom for some weeks on both my Defys and it's worked with very few problems. I wanted to give Quarx latest build a try though, so followed your guide, as previously when I've flashed Quarx CM11, I've had problems with the 4 lower buttons not working. However after attempting to install Safewipe from TWRP, my phone froze on the Moto logo and I had to flash the stock rom and start again. I'm running CM7.2 on my spare phone. Strange that Safewipe caused the very problem that it's meant to avoid on my phone.
10th May 2014, 07:29 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglehog

Thanks for compiling this guide. I've been using OmniRom for some weeks on both my Defys and it's worked with very few problems. I wanted to give Quarx latest build a try though, so followed your guide, as previously when I've flashed Quarx CM11, I've had problems with the 4 lower buttons not working. However after attempting to install Safewipe from TWRP, my phone froze on the Moto logo and I had to flash the stock rom and start again. I'm running CM7.2 on my spare phone. Strange that Safewipe caused the very problem that it's meant to avoid on my phone.

That's unusual. Did you remember to flash defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0, reboot into TWRP version 2.6.3.0, and wait 30 seconds before flashing safewipe?
10th May 2014, 08:07 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

That's unusual. Did you remember to flash defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0, reboot into TWRP version 2.6.3.0, and wait 30 seconds before flashing safewipe?

The TWRP version was integral to OmniRom, so I think it was v2.7.0.0. However after booting into TWRP I doubt I waited 30 seconds before flashing Safewipe. Why the need to wait?
10th May 2014, 09:11 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglehog

The TWRP version was integral to OmniRom, so I think it was v2.7.0.0. However after booting into TWRP I doubt I waited 30 seconds before flashing Safewipe. Why the need to wait?

TWRP is unstable, and sometimes causes random reboots within the first 20 seconds. I'm guessing your phone rebooted while flashing safewipe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Proverbs2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Proverbs2 Ad-Free
15th May 2014, 02:25 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Home buuton stopped working
After a couple of months of using slimkat v.3.85 today home button stopped working. There is also problem with notification, and telephony (not able to reach the phone, but making calls from device is possible). I found that someone has similar symptoms in Quarks kk4.4 thread:

Quote:

Sounds like the device got 'unprovisioned', this sometimes happens and leads to at least some of the effects you listed: status bar problems, home button, settings. If you haven't nuked the thing yet you might try to manually set the provisioning bits:
Code:

#!/system/bin/sh

db=/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

prv_dev="INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1'); INSERT INTO global (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1'); INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('user_setup_complete','1');"

/system/xbin/sqlite3 "$db" "$prv_dev"

I'v tried tu run that script but with no luck, i am getting errors. It is probably becaouse this script is for Quarq KK not SLimkat.

Any Help? (Sorry for posting this question here, but i am unable to post in dev section.)
15th May 2014, 03:11 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwist

After a couple of months of using slimkat v.3.85 today home button stopped working. There is also problem with notification, and telephony (not able to reach the phone, but making calls from device is possible). I found that someone has similar symptoms in Quarks kk4.4 thread:

I'v tried tu run that script but with no luck, i am getting errors. It is probably becaouse this script is for Quarq KK not SLimkat.

Any Help? (Sorry for posting this question here, but i am unable to post in dev section.)

I've never run into that problem, and I don't know if there's any easy way to fix it, but you could try just wiping data then restoring your apps and settings with Titanium Backup. Make a nandroid backup (so if wiping data doesn't help you can restore all your data easily), then wipe data, cache, and dalvik. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a clean install.
19th May 2014, 05:05 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
I've updated the guide and added a section that explains how to customize the rom before installation: how to remove unnecessary files to save space in the system partition, replace the default bootanimation and boostrap image, change the default baseband and LCD screen dpi, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for other possible customizations I should mention?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Proverbs2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Proverbs2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)