Thanks Meter: 9

By Rabbiddog, Member on 14th May 2014, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2014, 11:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappa

It was indeed a PRL update. I had it pushed to my phone last night. The weird thing tho is I do not believe the PRL update number changed at all. My PRL is now 51100. I thought thats what it was before. I know it was a PRL update cause I had my phone in my hands when it happend and it said prl update completed.

Me too!

17th May 2014, 04:09 AM |#12  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 581

More
May be you guys got the knock code update...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 05:44 AM |#13  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanM

May be you guys got the knock code update...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

No.
20th May 2014, 07:00 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
question, what is this knock code update everyone is talking about. is it the thing where you can unlock directly to your home screen with a certain knock code pattern?
20th May 2014, 07:22 AM |#15  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawCarnage

question, what is this knock code update everyone is talking about. is it the thing where you can unlock directly to your home screen with a certain knock code pattern?

Yep.
20th May 2014, 08:37 AM |#16  
Flag Minneapolis

More
"The release date for the software update is May 31, 2014." -Sprint. According to Sprint a new update really is coming. No RDF change though.
20th May 2014, 04:12 PM |#17  
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 755

More
Cloudy flex has it and it works on our phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 05:17 PM |#18  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 116

Donate to Me
More
New update on the 31st
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella

"The release date for the software update is May 31, 2014." -Sprint. According to Sprint a new update really is coming. No RDF change though.

Where did you see that?
20th May 2014, 07:22 PM |#19  
Flag Minneapolis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmen

Where did you see that?

In one of the threads in the Sprint Forums.
Normally reps beat around the Bush, but in one of the threads complaining signal quality, a rep said May 31.
I'm guessing it's for the 3G/4G switching issues, and there was no mention of Knock Code though.
21st May 2014, 06:09 AM |#20  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Yeah, um... never ... and I mean ever.... listen to service reps... lol.

There are numerous bugs since 4.4.2 released. Bluetooth reporting battery drain when off, LG backup is buggy, auto brightness still crappy, and.some other things.

The 3g/4g switching issues are network related. You can get all the updates in the world and until the network updates are finished its just something we have to live with. They could certainly disable band 26 and 41 on phones that dont have it in their area yet but we can do that ourselves so sprint wont bother.
21st May 2014, 10:01 AM |#21  
Flag Minneapolis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappa

Yeah, um... never ... and I mean ever.... listen to service reps... lol.

There are numerous bugs since 4.4.2 released. Bluetooth reporting battery drain when off, LG backup is buggy, auto brightness still crappy, and.some other things.

The 3g/4g switching issues are network related. You can get all the updates in the world and until the network updates are finished its just something we have to live with. They could certainly disable band 26 and 41 on phones that dont have it in their area yet but we can do that ourselves so sprint wont bother.

I was expecting a no reps comment lol, I definately agree but this time they gave a date which is a first lol, that's why I mentioned it.

I know about the eCFSB issues but there also seem to be issues in band selection, in areas where roll out is complete. You can disable bands, but seriously people like us on XDA are few and the majority of phone buyers dont understand all this stuff like why you cant have 4G and CDMA voice call at same time and about eCSFSB. Youll find most people complaing how old phones are better than G2 because the can call and surf at same time and that signal sucks on the G2, not understanding that the old phones were SVLTE and single LTE band.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)