[Q] flashing a custom ROM

Search This thread

sahloul

Jul 2, 2013
hello and thank you in advance, i have been searching for a while now but i am a beginner and i have no idea how this works, i understand the basics and i looked around in the forum but i didnt find what i was looking for, here is my situation:
i bought an HTC ONe M7, the sprint variant, it was first on stock, sense 5 with android 4.3
i unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, flashed the BAD BOYZ ROM with sense 5.5 and android 4.3
i got the phone unlocked, i get service/texting/data and everything, but here is the problem, after i use it for a while, it crashes and keeps giving me messages like: " the process dialer has stopped" or "messaging has stopped"
so i restart the phone to find that the status bar is missing i have to wipe cache everytime to get it back and it's driving me insane, it would do this twice or three times every day so you can see how annoying that can be
i would like to try the viper rom ( you know, it looks cool :D ) can i just download the 4.4.x version to my phone and flash it from TWRP recovery? is it that simple? is there no risk damaging the phone? or do i have to update to stock 4.4.x then install the custom ROM? thank you in advance for your help

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
hello and thank you in advance, i have been searching for a while now but i am a beginner and i have no idea how this works, i understand the basics and i looked around in the forum but i didnt find what i was looking for, here is my situation:
i bought an HTC ONe M7, the sprint variant, it was first on stock, sense 5 with android 4.3
i unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, flashed the BAD BOYZ ROM with sense 5.5 and android 4.3
i got the phone unlocked, i get service/texting/data and everything, but here is the problem, after i use it for a while, it crashes and keeps giving me messages like: " the process dialer has stopped" or "messaging has stopped"
so i restart the phone to find that the status bar is missing i have to wipe cache everytime to get it back and it's driving me insane, it would do this twice or three times every day so you can see how annoying that can be
i would like to try the viper rom ( you know, it looks cool :D ) can i just download the 4.4.x version to my phone and flash it from TWRP recovery? is it that simple? is there no risk damaging the phone? or do i have to update to stock 4.4.x then install the custom ROM? thank you in advance for your help

Flash this RUU to make sure you're on the latest firmware. Back everything up before INCLUDING INTERNAL STORAGE as it will wipe that as well.

Once you're done that, if your bootloader is **RELOCKED** unlock it again by following the first video on this thread by @wwjoshdew, (BTW, it's also not a bad idea to watch the most important videos.) Then, flash this recovery using fastboot commands. Then, install the ROM and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind though that most of this is based off of what I've read. I haven't actually done any of this before besides reflashing the recovery to update it and installing a ROM because I bought my HTC One used already having a custom ROM on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: wwjoshdew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash this RUU to make sure you're on the latest firmware. Back everything up before INCLUDING INTERNAL STORAGE as it will wipe that as well.

Once you're done that, if your bootloader is **RELOCKED** unlock it again by following the first video on this thread by @wwjoshdew, (BTW, it's also not a bad idea to watch the most important videos.) Then, flash this recovery using fastboot commands. Then, install the ROM and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind though that most of this is based off of what I've read. I haven't actually done any of this before besides reflashing the recovery to update it and installing a ROM because I bought my HTC One used already having a custom ROM on it.