FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[fastboot] l9 p760 p765 p768 p769

494 posts
Thanks Meter: 439
 
By Lelus, Senior Member on 24th May 2013, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2013, 05:22 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelus

Fastboot is definitely there but something doesn't get passed along during adb reboot bootloader or oem-unlock and phone just reboots instead of booting to fastboot.



I'm pretty sure* you can use Android Kitchen to replace these files in latest Cyanogenmod zip with ones from p768 jb and have camera working.

*i might be wrong

great, keep it up @donk165
7th June 2013, 05:50 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 154
 
More
Thanks. When I find the time. I'm going to make a guide for unlocking the boot loader, pushing CWM with fastboot and rooting.

I'm not confident in building CM, but I did see another user who was willing to try but was stuck with a locked boot loader. Hopefully together we can get the ball rolling for P768 development.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to donk165 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donk165 Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 07:58 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165

Thanks. When I find the time. I'm going to make a guide for unlocking the boot loader, pushing CWM with fastboot and rooting.

I'm not confident in building CWM, but I did see another user who was willing to try but was stuck with a locked boot loader. Hopefully together we can get the ball rolling for P768 development.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

i think we need help from devs to port camera from official p760 cm to p768 maybe @markolino631 can do it for us, seen we had unlocked bootloader and able to push cwm using fastboot.
10th June 2013, 02:38 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got a P769 from a friend and it is total dead,black screen, no SW update or hard reset key combinations works, only can fastboot and shows a mirrored LG logo , on top right it says V0.5, but unable to flash x-loader, u-boot or recovery, always show the error "remote partition does not exists", i tried to erase the partitions with fastboot but still the error is same. does somebody experienced the same? they call this phone un-brickable
10th June 2013, 03:02 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttiqAamir

I got a P769 from a friend and it is total dead,black screen, no SW update or hard reset key combinations works, only can fastboot and shows a mirrored LG logo , on top right it says V0.5, but unable to flash x-loader, u-boot or recovery, always show the error "remote partition does not exists", i tried to erase the partitions with fastboot but still the error is same. does somebody experienced the same? they call this phone un-brickable


My guess is corrupted nand or partition table.
What did your friend do to the phone?
10th June 2013, 03:16 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Well I don't know, he just sent me that it is not booting. Is there any tool / way to initialize the nand?
10th June 2013, 11:27 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttiqAamir

Well I don't know, he just sent me that it is not booting. Is there any tool / way to initialize the nand?

Not that I know of
12th June 2013, 11:03 PM |#18  
kuma82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948
 
More
Hey I know this has been a long time to reply but since nothing is working try this command in fastboot

fastboot oem format

I found this information here
http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/Android_Fastboot
The website has a lot of information

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
13th June 2013, 02:14 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82

Hey I know this has been a long time to reply but since nothing is working try this command in fastboot

fastboot oem format

I found this information here
http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/Android_Fastboot
The website has a lot of information

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Just heads up, the fastboot files are from lg prada p940 which has somewhat different partition setup but it's definitely worth trying as a last resort if nothing else works.
17th June 2013, 10:38 AM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you for your help, i tried as you advised but it failed it replied as

FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.001s
21st June 2013, 04:48 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
not recognized
@Lelus any idea? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post42802298
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes