FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,236 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2016, 02:58 PM |#37471  
Thanks Meter: 438

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

I agree,it's too much, even samsung decreased it from S6 to S7
Any release date btw?

Samsung decreased it because they thickened the phone - S7 is thicker thank s6 so that way they automatically made bump smaller... Also take a look here:
http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/a...axy-camera.jpg

S6 camera is almost 2mm out... where HTC 10 have 1.2mm... That is 0,4mm more than S7.
People must understand that a good camera hardware can be bigger. I am currently using HTC M8 and I like that the camera is flushded BUT I would rather have a good camera hardware and a small bump thank crappy one without bump. I saw S6 and believe me, the bump is not as annoying as coming home and watching crappy photos you took to make memories

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPetepp

My thought is those buttons are too low to begin with. This will be an even bigger issue while using the phone in landscape mode. How is anyone ever gonna reach them in that mode, back button in particular?! That's just not practical. This is my opinion obviously and would like to read somebody else's thoughts. Otherwise the phone will look amazing according to renders. I actually really like those chamfers.

I think the placement is because there is smaller bezel under the screen and if the buttons were higher you would accidentally press the screen too, I think some people were having problems with Samsung phones about that...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrazyCypher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrazyCypher Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 03:03 PM |#37472  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 195

More
HTC One X side

This was one of the great thing about the One X design. The back was curved and the camera bump was deep but the combination of the two made the device perfectly flat and stable when putted down.

In comparaison the HTC One m9 despite having a square camera was much less stable (not that it really matter but it seems like that's the nitpicking topic of the day so.... )
The Following User Says Thank You to kokusho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokusho Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 03:08 PM |#37473  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 660

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCypher

I think the placement is because there is smaller bezel under the screen and if the buttons were higher you would accidentally press the screen too, I think some people were having problems with Samsung phones about that...

Good point. I still think it's too low though. It's just my thought process, never used a phone with such low placed buttons so I could be wrong. Feels unnatural with my M7, I wouldn't be able to reach the back button with my thumb while in landscape if it was placed there (luckily there's a speaker instead and buttons are above it).
Nitpicking again here too.
18th March 2016, 03:11 PM |#37474  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 509

More
Quote:

Good point. I still think it's too low though. It's just my thought process, never used a phone with such low placed buttons so I could be wrong. Feels unnatural with my M7, I wouldn't be able to reach the back button with my thumb while in landscape if it was placed there (luckily there's a speaker instead and buttons are above it).

Stop complaining! I sure know you will reach that fingerprint scanner though. However, if you want more screen it will be in length with HTC

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
18th March 2016, 03:28 PM |#37475  

More
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCz4msdaOA

Why would you want to use the back button in the game? I think that the buttons are placed perfectly on HTC 10.. If you look at the video, you see how hands are holding around your phone so there is no problems there.. And most of the landscape games you dont use the three buttons but rather they have their own onscreen buttons you click. You only click the back button if you want to exit the game... home/recent are never used in games That is my opinion anyway, and I freaking LOVE they got rid of the black bazel like it is on M7 and my M8
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyCypher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrazyCypher Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 03:29 PM |#37476  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 135

Donate to Me
More
I don't understand why are you complaining about how you can't use the phone on a table

why would anyone put it on a surface and touch it? The only time I put my phone is when I want to watch videos and I don't need to touch the screen while doing that.
18th March 2016, 03:32 PM |#37477  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokusho

HTC One X side

This was one of the great thing about the One X design. The back was curved and the camera bump was deep but the combination of the two made the device perfectly flat and stable when putted down.

In comparaison the HTC One m9 despite having a square camera was much less stable (not that it really matter but it seems like that's the nitpicking topic of the day so.... )

Hhahaha.... I didnt know people are sooo annoyed about the little thing when you put a device down and it wobbles a little
Here on HTC 10 the bright silver ring looks more like its part of a design rather than "we had to leave a hump to have good camera hardware"

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharkan

I don't understand why are you complaining about how you can't use the phone on a table

why would anyone put it on a surface and touch it? The only time I put my phone is when I want to watch videos and I don't need to touch the screen while doing that.

That is exactly my thoughts!!! I almost thought Im getting crazy!
18th March 2016, 03:37 PM |#37478  
Flag Preston
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttown242

If HTC had 3D touch what should the call it

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is this a genuine question or are you trying to tell us something?
18th March 2016, 03:50 PM |#37479  
Dublin
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

I agree,it's too much, even samsung decreased it from S6 to S7
Any release date btw?

Well they made the phone thicker, not quite the same as decreasing it.
18th March 2016, 03:50 PM |#37480  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCypher

Hhahaha.... I didnt know people are sooo annoyed about the little thing when you put a device down and it wobbles a little
Here on HTC 10 the bright silver ring looks more like its part of a design rather than "we had to leave a hump to have good camera hardware"

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

That is exactly my thoughts!!! I almost thought Im getting crazy!

Most of the time my phone is in front of me on a desk. So if i get a text, i double tap that text and want to reply. No need for me to pick up the phone(lazy ftw). I swear, some phones just dance across the desk when you try to type on them. Things like Swype(wich is use most of the time) are next to impossible. Phone dances away, you swipe the wrong letter, its just a mess.

Now, its true, i am not the most patient man. But i have had times i just wanted to try my phone through the window. And throw my (Windows) laptop right after it through the same hole, but thats not the point.
The point is, these small things become big problems when you use your device as much, as well, most of us do. I dont really game on my phone, i just surf the web and forums and stuff. So it is either in one hand, or on the desk. Hardly use landscape mode.

Now the one hand game is strong at HTC, we know this. and with the M7, the wobble was indeed minimal. But don't underestimate what a big deal, these small things can be for people. Sometimes even a dealbreaker.
The Following User Says Thank You to mariikvt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mariikvt Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 03:53 PM |#37481  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariikvt

Most of the time my phone is in front of me on a desk. So if i get a text, i double tap that text and want to reply. No need for me to pick up the phone(lazy ftw). I swear, some phones just dance across the desk when you try to type on them. Things like Swype(wich is use most of the time) are next to impossible. Phone dances away, you swipe the wrong letter, its just a mess.

Now, its true, i am not the most patient man. But i have had times i just wanted to try my phone through the window. And throw my (Windows) laptop right after it through the same hole, but thats not the point.
The point is, these small things become big problems when you use your device as much, as well, most of us do. I dont really game on my phone, i just surf the web and forums and stuff. So it is either in one hand, or on the desk. Hardly use landscape mode.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/065/0/69...79656_o7b1.jpg
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)