Can a SGS4 i9505 4.4.2 be rooted?

Search This thread
G

goodboybond

Hello everyone,
This is my first post within this community and I apologise if, it probably is, my post is in the wrong place. I am very new to forums and cant seem to find excactly what I'm looking for in this sea of information. I have been trying for over a week now to root my Galaxy S4 which is running 4.4.2 I have followed many tutorials but none seem to work. My latest folly, with ODIN 3.09, is fruitless. Before I go any further I'm wondering if it can be rooted in the first place. My main reason for rooting, as this ROM is quite nice, is to rid the phone of a ton of bloatware and try to improve the battery life, not to mention use superior apps. I'm a novice at this stuff but wouldn't bother others if I could manage it myself. Could some kind soul give me advice on where I'm going wrong, if indeed it is able to be rooted. Also, point me in the correct direction of an appropriate thread if this one is wrong?
Many thanks in advance
Craig

edit >>>

Here are the details of my phone (UK version)
GT-i9505
Baseband version - I9505VJUFNB2
Kernel version - 3.4.0-718801
Build number - KOT49H.I9505VJUFNB2

When I'm using ODIN 3.09 I do not get the COM port light up the appropriate colour (yellow I believe) but I do get the "ADDED" text.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? I will be extremely grateful, thank you :)))

edit>>>>>

I also have this information on the download screen of my phone, some of which I haven't seen referenced elsewhere, which makes me think it can't be done on this phone or I have missed somnething about the root process.......

PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: Ox0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enabled
eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Last edited: