T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Odin Root Problems

Search This thread

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
So i recently wanted to root my S4 with Odin. I did everything it asked, once booted it tells me

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING

SET WARRANTY BIT: KERNEL

It goes on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Screen, but stays there the whole time.

I don't have any recovery option, only download mode works.

please help, because i think i bricked my S4. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: tapatalk

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Flash back to stock and root with cf-auto root, make sure you use the correct one!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
You may need to do a factory reset. Then Odin. If no custom rom, factory reset will put u back to stock.

Pp.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
You may need to do a factory reset. Then Odin. If no custom rom, factory reset will put u back to stock.

Pp.

I don't have a recovery option nor a factory reset option. i can get pass my T-mobile Screen..
I seen a link, saying there was a Stock Odin Flash Firmware, but the link doesn't work so
Really don't know what else to do. Like i said my only options are Odin and download mode.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I don't have a recovery option nor a factory reset option. i can get pass my T-mobile Screen..
I seen a link, saying there was a Stock Odin Flash Firmware, but the link doesn't work so
Really don't know what else to do. Like i said my only options are Odin and download mode.

Get it at sammobile.com.. You can also just flash a recovery and then a stock ROM

Reactions: The Sickness

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
Does Odin have a option to do a full wipe/factory reset?

That may be the only option.
He must have used the wrong root script, like AT&T or Sprint root.

Pp.

Only Options are: Auto Reboot F. Reset Time
Flash Lock Nand Erase All
T Flash
Re-Partition
LED Control

Here is other options: Bootloader
PDA
Phone
CSC

That's pretty much it.

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
Does Odin have a option to do a full wipe/factory reset?

That may be the only option.
He must have used the wrong root script, like AT&T or Sprint root.

Pp.

Well i didn't downloaded the Stock Rom, because i thought this one would've work (UVUAMDL Official TAR)
I did it with Odin and failed right away. I don't think this can be fixed. So i quit,unless someone has a ''Way'', but
i doubt it.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Well i didn't downloaded the Stock Rom, because i thought this one would've work (UVUAMDL Official TAR)
I did it with Odin and failed right away. I don't think this can be fixed. So i quit,unless someone has a ''Way'', but
i doubt it.

You need either 4.3 or 4.4.2, MDL is 4.2.2, it'll never flash, so flash 4.3 or 4.4.2, you can only flash 4.3 if you had that firmware before you attempted to root, if you had the latest update you need 4.4.2!!

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
You need either 4.3 or 4.4.2, MDL is 4.2.2, it'll never flash, so flash 4.3 or 4.4.2, you can only flash 4.3 if you had that firmware before you attempted to root, if you had the latest update you need 4.4.2!!

I fixed my phone..I bypassed the "SEANDROID EFORCING" screen..I had 4.4.2 before I tried to root..but since I bypassed it took me back to 4.2.2..and since then I've been getting issues on the phone such as: The wifi doesn't work and my mobile hotspot doesn't either. I can't update my android version since it tells me my phone was modified. But umm yeah.

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
I fixed my phone..I bypassed the "SEANDROID EFORCING" screen..I had 4.4.2 before I tried to root..but since I bypassed it took me back to 4.2.2..and since then I've been getting issues on the phone such as: The wifi doesn't work and my mobile hotspot doesn't either. I can't update my android version since it tells me my phone was modified. But umm yeah.

How did you manage to get it to 4.2? As far as I know downgrading from official 4.4 firmware WILL brick your phone. There's no way around it. I'm very curious to know how you did it! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
How did you manage to get it to 4.2? As far as I know downgrading from official 4.4 firmware WILL brick your phone. There's no way around it. I'm very curious to know how you did it! Thanks in advance!

When I was in 4.4.2 I wanted to root it (of course) but I used the wrong baseband version/file so it messed up. Then it gave me like some type of warning saying (SEANDROID EFORCING) Warranty Bit: Kernel
I told my bro to fox it and he did, idk how he did it but he did. I search up on youtube SEANDROID EFORCING and I guess thats how he managed to save my phone.

Reactions: mrzhadow

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston

That's what happens when you flash a 4.2.2 ROM which you can still do.. that SEANDROID message doesn't prevent anything so there is nothing to bypass.. If you're ok with 4.2.2 then I guess you're good but personally I would prefer to be at least on 4.3.. All you have to do is follow my previous directions

Edit: you could also just flash a 4.3 or 4.4.2 ROM

Last edited:

SevenLionsHD

Sep 21, 2013
That's what happens when you flash a 4.2.2 ROM which you can still do.. that SEANDROID message doesn't prevent anything so there is nothing to bypass.. If you're ok with 4.2.2 then I guess you're good but personally I would prefer to be at least on 4.3.. All you have to do is follow my previous directions

Edit: you could also just flash a 4.3 or 4.4.2 ROM

I'm good on 4.2.2, just wondering if 4.3 will fix my Wifi issues. If not there is no point in going to 4.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i recently wanted to root my S4 with Odin. I did everything it asked, once booted it tells me

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING

SET WARRANTY BIT: KERNEL

It goes on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Screen, but stays there the whole time.

I don't have any recovery option, only download mode works.

please help, because i think i bricked my S4. :(

Get it at sammobile.com.. You can also just flash a recovery and then a stock ROM

When I was in 4.4.2 I wanted to root it (of course) but I used the wrong baseband version/file so it messed up. Then it gave me like some type of warning saying (SEANDROID EFORCING) Warranty Bit: Kernel
    I told my bro to fox it and he did, idk how he did it but he did. I search up on youtube SEANDROID EFORCING and I guess thats how he managed to save my phone.
    Can i still flash even though my phone is not rooted. because i did research and said once you finish flashing you go to recovery mode and Wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition task. Which i don't have that option in recovery mode since it only says Odin Mode. It's only if i get stuck at the booting animation for more than 10mins. And I'm 100% sure it will happen.

Yes you can Odin firmware without root. Once you flash the official firmware you should be able to boot in the stock recovery and wipe data and cache.