• Trident Aegis Case

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 18 13.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

SeV034

Mar 13, 2012
If I used a case, I would go with the otterbox commuter. But I like the look of this phone in white too much to cover it with a case. Paying for a warranty so don't really need one. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Did the screen protector take away from the look of the screen much. The at&t store doesn't have them in stock so I cant see how it looks in person... :mad:

Yeah, its pretty thick and it also makes the touchscreen harder to operate. Remove the glass from the defender and place your protector of choice on the screen. Looks better and touchscreen is better. Also, if you use the defender with the included glass, particles get trapped under it and when you slide your finger around the screen gets all scratched up.

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
As others said, the Defender is great but the built in screen blows rhino ass.
Remove it and put a good NON MATTE screen protector on it. Makes a huge difference from the one built in that makes the screen look like aforementioned rhino ass.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
I have the SkyTouch case that another user reviewed here and really like it.

I also have the Otterbox Commuter case and it seems that they must be using a different rubber for the inner case. I had Commuters on Both my Dell phones (Streak and Venue) and they made the buttons (power, vol) easier to use. Out of the box the rubber was soft and pressing the buttons was easy. With the case for the Skyrocket the buttons are very hard to press as if the rubber is harder. It might get easier to press the buttons as the case "breaks in" but there was no need for any break in with the previous two Commuter cases I owned.

Edit: The belt clip on the holster part of the SkyTouch case can not be removed but it does swivel allowing the holster to be used vertically or horizontally.

After using this for a couple of weeks I really like it. It is secure when in the holster. The ridged back makes a good grip surface. The snap on case for the phone provides protection but is minimalist in appearance. I feel it makes the phone look better rather than cover it up like a Commuter case does.

Last edited:

shoobiedoobiiwhompwop

Feb 5, 2012
The Slim one by rearthe doesn't fit exactly so assumingly the other is the same , BUT the thing is they dont cover it up either but maybe 1/25th of a mm on just one side it overhangs ..

Willz

Jan 24, 2012
Seidio Active IMO. I just got mine and it's way nicer than the otterbox commuter (tried both). Feels nice, looks amazing, no annoying dust covers, fits perfect, not bulky at all, buttons press very nicely (unlike commuter), and the hard plastic is on the corners as well which makes more sense to me than not.

ioN_

Feb 8, 2011
"What bothers me is when I see a case I like then there's a warning about the rear speaker cutout not lining up properly.

What's up with that? And can anyone with these cases comment and (better yet), post a photo demonstrating the misalignment?

Makes me nervous about other cases..."
I actually went ahead and bout the SGP case and did notice the audio port issue....but so far as I can tell it don't effect the sound at all and I constantly listen to music from my phone :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Mar 23, 2011
Can anyone confirm if there are any book-like cases for the Skyrocket? I'm seeing tons of these (for example, this one) for the Note, but not for Skyrocket. I like the idea of a hinged flap to cover the screen, but I HATE the vertical flap design.

I had a similar "book" form factor case with my old Dell Streak that even had a pocket inside for cards, but I wouldn't even care if I lost the pocket feature.

elliottdp

Mar 28, 2012
I just got a Skyrocket and otterbox's commuter case.

This case fits perfectly and does add some thickness overall, but that's okay because the phone was a little too slim to handle securely IMHO.

The only thing that users should be aware of is even though the plastic shell is slightly textured, it can be a little slippery in the hands, especially if your hand is sweaty. That "slipperiness" is what allows the phone to slide easily out of your pocket without the silicone skin catching on the pocket.

It's a trade off, but the protection factor is A+. I ordered the case on Amazon. The description was mislabeled as Retail packaging. Mine was missing the screen protector. So I called up Otterbox and they were fast as lightning to handle it. They're shipping me 3 protectors free. Their service is AWESOME!

OOKALAH

Apr 24, 2011
Kaneohe
My Skyrocket was bought from Ebay and it came with the Otterbox Defender case. So far it has done wonders as I have extremely clumsy hands. Design wise, I don't know how it can get much better.

+1 for the defender I love my case, full protection nice look, the bulky issue that people say they have I think is little, you get use to the feel and the black and gray looks great, plus I would trade bulk for protection for my baby anytime lol no complaints that I have :)

sgs2_1.6

Nov 24, 2011
I would go with the case mate pop case for the skyrocket. Love how it fit and not too bulky. Overall the case is by far one if the best that I've have ever own.

ShaolinRaiden

Apr 5, 2012
Tennessee
Seidio Surface is working out great so far. Granted, if you want good protection its not an ideal option; but if your looking for something with a clean feel, with all the right cut-outs and that doesn't add a lot of bulk it ckecks all those boxes.

BTW, IMO the white skyrocket looks pretty nice in the black case

How is the surface of the case? I was considering buying that case from amazon, but I was concerned about the finish.
I've had a few of the poly matte black cases in the past and they've varied greatly in how well they stuck in your hand.

Thanks

Software Guy

Jan 18, 2012
I have the surface and it's ok. I wish it were a bit less smooth. I go back and forth between naked and the surface.

I had the ditztronic on my infuse and didn't like it.

whatlobster

Jun 5, 2011
Can anyone confirm if there are any book-like cases for the Skyrocket? I'm seeing tons of these (for example, this one) for the Note, but not for Skyrocket. I like the idea of a hinged flap to cover the screen, but I HATE the vertical flap design.

I had a similar "book" form factor case with my old Dell Streak that even had a pocket inside for cards, but I wouldn't even care if I lost the pocket feature.
Not sure if you're still looking, but I just ordered one of these (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Gala...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6421999659). I'll report back when I receive the product.

Top Liked Posts