Camera - dust or dead pixel

Search This thread

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
I just updated to .101 and checked the camera app. Suddently I found a black dot on tge left corner. I cleaned the lense, but it's still there.

Is there any way to remove the back of the phone to clear the camera? Or is it possible to test the camera for dead pixcels?

Edit: just checked some pictures I took a few days ago, those were without the black dot. Is it possivle those dots are related to the new firmware?

Xperia ZL, 4.3 Stock (.101), rooted

Last edited:

danieldp1990

Jul 17, 2012
cali
I just updated to .101 and checked the camera app. Suddently I found a black dot on tge left corner. I cleaned the lense, but it's still there.

Is there any way to remove the back of the phone to clear the camera? Or is it possible to test the camera for dead pixcels?

Edit: just checked some pictures I took a few days ago, those were without the black dot. Is it possivle those dots are related to the new firmware?

if that black dot still on the homescreen, menus etc, then its a dead pixel. if its only in the camera App then could be the camera lens.

secfincorp

Nov 7, 2007

did you figure this out i have a similar problem looks like dust particles.