PC USB very slow to charge

Search This thread

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Hi there,

My Note 3 N9000 takes over 2 hours with the charger adapter to full charge and I’ve to leave the phone at particular few places in my home as the cable is shorter and I can’t charge the phone at every power socket.

But I spent maximum time at my desk in front of my desktop PC but I see the PC USB takes long time to charge the phone. My PC USB is 2.0 and same with the Laptop. Is there any way to charge with the PC USB faster like the charger adapter?

I see in charger adapter its shows 5v 2amp, isn’t the USB capable same amp? Please advice. Thanks

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
No way.

USB 2.0 is up to 450mAh.
USB 3.0 is more, not sure, around 900mAh, but the Note 3 switch automatically after 10 Minutes from USB 3.0 back to USB 2.0.

So it's no way to charge faster with USB from PC or Laptop....

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi there,

My Note 3 N9000 takes over 2 hours with the charger adapter to full charge and I’ve to leave the phone at particular few places in my home as the cable is shorter and I can’t charge the phone at every power socket.

But I spent maximum time at my desk in front of my desktop PC but I see the PC USB takes long time to charge the phone. My PC USB is 2.0 and same with the Laptop. Is there any way to charge with the PC USB faster like the charger adapter?

I see in charger adapter its shows 5v 2amp, isn’t the USB capable same amp? Please advice. Thanks

The charging current (which you can check with Galaxy Chargin Current / Galaxy Chargin Current Lite) is around 450 mA over PC-USB (or unknown chargers without problems or good chargers + unknown cables) and up to 1800 mA with original charger over the original cable. If you divide 3100 by 1400 (which is average on original set since the charging algorithm tries to minimize heating) you get slightly over 2 hours, but when you divide 3100 by 450 you get over 6 hours on "classic" USB.

That being said I always favor the slowest charge (and I charge at 450mA over night) - the cooler the battery stays the more cycles it will survive.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Thank you all for your reply. Yes after the post I google it and found these information, that its not possible. Sorry for the post. Thanks again.