[KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - pro wm/wp7 kitchen by barin

Search This thread

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Ensure you have included the following packages.
Webview
Riched20
SMS_Providers
SMIME

Keep in mind I have no experience with OS Builder and I assume you're trying to create a WM6.5.x ROM.

There is a high possibility that the problem lays in one of those files mentioned by Skrobel. Strange it didn't occur in your old kitchen :)

PS I hope you got a Message Enhancement package that matches the WM build.

Alright, It was htm files issue present in Message Enhancement. In the reg, some entries paths to those htm (i.e HTC_compose_note.0409.htm). When I changed to WM ones (i.e compose_note.htm), the problem with email vanished.

But now I have a doubt, Why didn't I faced such troubles in OsKitchen since I was using same Message Enhancement version package from start.

Looks like its something to do with language (i.e HTC_compose_note.0409.htm).

Is there any language settings or reg I should do when using osbuilder? I have selected 0409 in osbuilder main window tool bar. Is there another one somewhere else?

Edit: pff finally figured out. Its with attributes. HTC_compose_note.0409.htm should be systemly hidden. How stupid thing! :S

And also why didn't htc systemly hidden the files whereas MS did. Of course oskitchen does this so I hadn't faced such and I wish this should be implemented in next osbuilder release. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Edit: pff finally figured out. Its with attributes. HTC_compose_note.0409.htm should be systemly hidden. How stupid thing! :S

And also why didn't htc systemly hidden the files whereas MS did. Of course oskitchen does this so I hadn't faced such and I wish this should be implemented in next osbuilder release. :)

Thanks why I like my command line kitchen :) It gets the job done without any problems.

Code:
attrib +h +s dump\*.htm
...and you're ready to go.

Reactions: CRACING

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Thanks why I like my command line kitchen :) It gets the job done without any problems.

Code:
attrib +h +s dump\*.htm
...and you're ready to go.

ok thanks. I have bunch of attrib command lines but I don't know how to include them in OSBuilder. Command line should perform while building (dump dir).

Now I do manually but sometimes I forgot when I update the packages. :eek:

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Damn, the issue with email isn't solved yet. :mad:

I made a cab, placed the htm file, applied attrib (+S, +H, +R) and installed the cab in device. The email issue vanished and I was sure its attrib issue.

But if the do the same thing in package (OEM - kitchen), It doesn't work and now I found that OSBuilder is applying its own attrib settings to OEM packages.

When I set that htm file +S, +H, +R and build the ROM, osbuilder resets to -S, -H, -R and there rises the email creation issue.

I really don't know how you guys don't have such issue but for me this is happening. I guess you guys aren't using Message Enhancement or the reg path (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note -> Compose) is linking to Windows Default htm (compose_note.htm). AndrewSh; Do you mind to check this reg in your ROM/device please?

I can get rid of this issue by simply using Windows Default htm (compose_note.htm) but there is slight difference between HTC's htm and I like it better.

Developers of OSBuilder, Please consider this issue as crucial...

Adding an settings about file attrib would be awesome (Like, file list for autosigning, recmod list, reversmod list)

Thanks...
Best Regards

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
CRACING, buddy, my
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note\Compose)
is linked to
\Windows\HTC_compose_note.0409.htm
...Read)
is also linked to correspondent HTC file

And the only attribute in my rom for those two files is "System"

Last edited:

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
CRACING, buddy, my
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note\Compose)
is linked to
\Windows\HTC_compose_note.0409.htm
...Read)
is also linked to correspondent HTC file

And the only attribute in my rom for those two files is "System"

:confused:

But in my ROM, attribute for those two files is -S, -H, -R. Even though I set +S, +H, +R.

Edit: Is there any settings about attributes in OSBuilder?

Last edited:

jmart518

Mar 30, 2009
Albuquerque
Hey CRACING, I actually had the same problem when I first switched to OSB. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to fix it. I don't have any problems with my current setup, so here is my package if you want to give it a shot.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Hey CRACING, I actually had the same problem when I first switched to OSB. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to fix it. I don't have any problems with my current setup, so here is my package if you want to give it a shot.

Thanks a lot but I solved it now. :p

OSBuilder reads flags from DSM and the DSM of Message Enhancement has no flag for those htm files. It wouldn't happened if I dragged packages straight from Stock ROM but I dragged from my OSKitchen and since it was Ext package, I had to use EXT to OEM tool. When it created DSMs for the packages, it didn't written attribute flags. :)

Anyways, now I have a big work to do. Extract all the ROMs in OSBuilder and get the original DSM's. :rolleyes:

Very sorry for doubting on the OSBuilder, it was my fault. :p

Edit: Ok, DSM Autocorrection saved my lots of time. Pff awesome!

Best Regards

Last edited:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru

But in my ROM, attribute for those two files is -S, -H, -R. Even though I set +S, +H, +R.

Edit: Is there any settings about attributes in OSBuilder?

You should fix DSM I suppose
In Settings\DSM - apply S & H attributes to files & modules according to DSM records when saving DSM file
and
apply S & H attributes to files & modules according to DSM records when building dump

Added
You got it while I was replying :)

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
You should fix DSM I suppose
In Settings\DSM - apply S & H attributes to files & modules according to DSM records when saving DSM file
and
apply S & H attributes to files & modules according to DSM records when building dump

Added
You got it while I was replying :)

Yeah, thanks. :)

Hope it solves my issues this time.

And btw; I love this kitchen a lot. It saves lots of time and manual works. Wish it had Ext feature but I hope the developers will implement it on upcoming OSBuilder versions. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards

-=Barin=-

Retired Recognized Developer
May 5, 2008
Yeah, thanks. :)

Hope it solves my issues this time.

And btw; I love this kitchen a lot. It saves lots of time and manual works. Wish it had Ext feature but I hope the developers will implement it on upcoming OSBuilder versions. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards
OSbuilder supports EXT folder in the root of the kitchen, but all packages in EXT folder need to be converted to OEM (classic) format.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
OSbuilder supports EXT folder in the root of the kitchen, but all packages in EXT folder need to be converted to OEM (classic) format.

That means it supports OEM (classic) format only.

All I need is to sort packages in subfolders.

i.e

[-] Ext Packages
- [-] 3rd Party App
- - [-] uTasks 1.4
- - - [-] Files
- - - [+] 0409
- - [+] etc..

- [-] Leo 3.14
- - [-] Camera
- - - [-] Files
- - - [+] 0409
- - [+] etc..

- [-] Oboe 1.18
- - [-] Notification Enhancement
- - - [-] Files
- - - [+] 0409
- - [+] etc..

Edit: sorry I had misunderstood but now I got. Category wise packages (like I said above) is possible in OSBuilder. Thats awesome. I don't care whether it needs OEM format or EXT, all I need is to categories the packages. :)

Thanks a lot...
Best Regards

Last edited:

ct_moi

Hi Barin,

Thanks for the new version, just read the changelog @asusmobile.
I've a request, don't know if it'll be possible.
In the file preview I check for files "Show all files in device \windows folder".
Is it possible as in others folders (with initflashfiles.txt or dat) to have the package of the files for the files under windows folder?
As we can have overwrite the files like phonecanvas, tweak on manila files or on sys.
Hope you can understand what I want to say :).

Best regards -

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
OS Builder V1.2.133 FULL (11.08.2011)
Changelog:
1. The ability to digitally sign cab and tsk files while assembling the rom (as it was for executable files in previous versions) is added. You can add cab or tsk files to the “sign files” list to sign files either manually or using the context menu of the package.
Not only target file itself is signed, but also all executable files inside it. The originals (source files) stay untouched.
2. The tool Cab/Tsk Signer is added to built-in utilities. With it you can sign cab and/or tsk files.
cabsigner_882.jpg

You can select either a single file or all files in a folder. It is possible to create a cab file to install the certificate, as well as the opportunity to add a certificate in _setup.xml of the cab file.
3. The item ‘Quick registry assembling” is removed from Settings/Build DUMP and Rom if packages are merged. Now this option is hidden but selected by default. If Merge All Packages to One checkbox is toggled - the rapid registry assembling algorithm will be executed. If this checkbox is cleared – registry assembling will be usual (old-fashioned).
4. The ability to sort / clean rgu files is added. Provides sorting/cleaning either the separate package rgu (via the package context menu), or all rgu files in the kitchen with a possibility to make a choice between EXT, OEM, ROM and SYS or all of them (Additional Tools-> Cleanup-> Sort / clean files rgu).
While sorting / cleaning process: double values will be removed from rgu (in case of different values of the same parameter the last value will be saved, as during the regular registry assembling), the removal directives for keys and values will be moved to the beginning of the file. Keys and values are sorted alphabetically.
If the key and value with OEM version (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ OEM \ MASD) is present, it will be moved to the end of the file.
IMO optimized by this option rgu files are much more readable.
Remember that when sorting/cleaning rgu all comments will be deleted!
5. While installation OSBuilder sets association with hv files. You can open it for viewing just double-clicking it in Windows Explorer.
6. Registry comparer is added to Tools/Built-in. It can compare the contents of rgu and hv files, export to rgu either separate keys, or the difference obtained when comparing files.

Guys - screenshot is Russian - but you know - you can get English by yourself, switching the language in Settings :)

Last edited:

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Thanks for implementing Registry Compare tool. We no longer need to use any 3rd partly softwares.

Anyhow, I have found a minor issue in it. Tool reads reg files having REGEDIT4 header nicely but throws error if the reg header is Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00. Saying, REGEDIT4 not found or something that. Its not a big deal and I suppose can be easily solved. Just for your kind info. :)

Thanks again...
Best Regards

-=Barin=-

Retired Recognized Developer
May 5, 2008
Anyhow, I have found a minor issue in it. Tool reads reg files having REGEDIT4 header nicely but throws error if the reg header is Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00. Saying, REGEDIT4 not found or something that.

A part of changelog:
6. Registry comparer is added to Tools/Built-in. It can compare the contents of rgu and hv files, export to rgu either separate keys, or the difference obtained when comparing files.

Reactions: ai6908

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello and thanks a lot for this new release :)

Have you news about a good set of files to don't compress ?

I use :

*.png
*.ttf
All Manila Images files
manila.exe
shell32.exe
gwes.exe
opera.exe
operaL.exe

Thanks a lot :)

Best regards,

Nixeus

Reactions: Skrobel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official XDA OSBuilder kitchen thread (developed by Barin)
    this thread is dedicated to discussions related windows mobile
    Official XDA OSBuilder 7 kitchen thread (developed by Barin)
    this thread is dedicated to discussions/info related to windows phone 7

I'm honored to be allowed to officially announce/present/support osbuilder here in xda forums by barin. thank you.

this is a new kitchen (not based on old platform rebuilder) developed by asusmobile.ru member barin and tested by many others (mentioned below) including myself.
    ultrashot is also developing some parts of osbuilder (custom imgfsfromdump with advanced parameter support for example).

"One word: SUPERIOR!" hd2owner

OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - 3962+ downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.235 FULL (25.11.2012) - 271 downloads (20590)
    OS Builder V1.4.234 FULL (22.11.2012) - 91 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.223 FULL (02.10.2012) - 931 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.209 FULL (19.05.2012) - 2155 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.206 FULL (21.04.2012) - 531 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.205 FULL (16.04.2012) - 199 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.199 FULL (09.12.2011) - 4792 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.189 FULL (08.11.2011) - 1762 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011) - 159 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.163 FULL (29.09.2011) - 2183 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.157 FULL (20.09.2011) - 257 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.153 FULL (15.09.2011) - 157 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.148 FULL (04.09.2011) - 558 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.143 FULL (28.08.2011) - 412 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.140 FULL (21.08.2011) - 229 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.133 FULL (11.08.2011) - 337 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.124 FULL (28.07.2011) - 423 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.116 FULL (27.06.2011) - 1716 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.111 LE (08.06.2011) - 518 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.107 LE (05.03.2011) - 970 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.101 LE (21.02.2011) - 582 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.99 LE (19.02.2011) - 213 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.89 LE (31.12.2010) - 1244 downloads

Total osbuilder downloads on xda: 24552+

ATTENTION!

SINCE VERSION 1.2.81 (06.12.2010) OSBuilder IS DEPENDENT OF .NET FRAMEWORK 4 (runtime version not lower than 4.0.30319). Get .NET framework 4 here

DOWNLOAD (latest public osbuilder version by barin): OSBuilderSetup1.4.236-FULL.zip

OSBUILDER LATEST CHANGELOGS ->POST 3 & POST 4

NEW XPH COMPRESSION METHOD FROM WP7 MANGO
    Since 1.2.153 we have possibility to use xph compression from wp7 mango (patched by ultrashot).
    only usable on armv7 devices!! don't use xph on older arm devices! it won't work.
    if you have a armv7 device and want to try xph->ultrashot's patched mango cecompr.dll thread

If someone wants to donate and help the project, take a look at the original thread on asusmobile.ru and the thread on mobileunderground.info

Many thanks to those, who helped to test osbuilder:
    Alexx~, AndrewSh, greench, Lost_Angel, Vladimir1973

Special thanks to yad for the important and necessary information on relocation.
    ENORMOUS thanks to alexx~ for many ideas and concepts, for THAT NOT VALUED! aid during the testing, and it is simple for the human support from the beginning also to the end of writing program.

osbuilder.png

Basic purpose of osbuilder
    -assembling flat dump from the packets
    -assembling IMGFS
    -assembling ROM-File (for supported devices)
    -extract/dump ROM-File (for supported devices)

OSBuilder can build NB0, NB and NBH files and for supported devices it can change rom version, date and/or some other data.
    Also many other functions are included (Manila other language exclusion for example), which can be useful during creation and assembling of dump and ROM.

Basic possibilities
    1. The group of packets (4 types of groups, the level of the nesting of groups is theoretically not limited, packets they are grouped by simple haul) and mapping packets and groups in the form of the tree
    2. Convenient contextual menu for the work with the packets.
    3. Selection of language for the piercing (co-existence of packets for the different languages)
    4. Possibility to introduce detailed description for the packets and the groups (with the selection of packet or group description it will be automatically mapped into specially [otvedennom] for this window)
    5. Import of configuration from the files of option.xml and their subsequent removal.
    6. Retention of the configuration on silence and of any quantity of the configurations
    7. Editing of dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml of packet directly from the program
    8. Possibility of the connection of external editors for dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml
    9. The survey of the folder of packet directly from the program (on silence conductor is used, but the connection of another file- manager is also possible)
    10. Editing of boot.rgu, packages.sof, packages.cif, defaultcerts.dat, oem.cer directly from the program.
    11. Survey and the editing of the order of assembling the list (it edits packages.sof)
    12. The preliminary survey of the list, which must come out after assembling with the indication as and how often changed each parameter, such as file of rgu made change and in what line of the file of rgu this parameter is contained.
    13. The preliminary survey of the file of initflashfiles.dat, which must come out after assembling.
    14. Removal of files from modules and imageinfo.txt
    15. Sufficiently flexible tuning of the parameters of assembling.
    16. Possibility of the call of external programs from the menu.
    17. Automatic forming or correction .VM and .ROM according to the data from the template or the file XIP
    18. Built-in mechanism of readdressing the modules (Reloc) of the received flat dump.
    19. Assembling the file of division IMGFS 20. Assembling file ROM - size of nb0 (payload)

program-window:
    Contextual menu of the packet Built-in editor OF DSM (title)
    the built-in editor OF DSM (modules and files)
    the built-in editor OF DSM (dependence) information about the module Menu of additional tools
    the editor of packages.sof (cif) Preliminary survey of list cleaning the modules Readdressing modules (Reloc) Tuning (parameters of assembling)

Program (assembling the files of payload NBH) is successfully tested with following HTC-devices:
    HTC blueAngel
    HTC touch 2 (Mega)
    HTC touch of 3450 & 3452 (Elf of & Elfin)
    HTC touch Of diamond
    HTC touch HD
    HTC touch diamond 2
    HTC max 4G HTC Of iolite
    HTC HD2
    HTC HD mini
    HTC kovsky (SE X1)
    HTC WhitestoneW

If you have precise information about the special features of a certain new device model (structure of divisions and FLASH of regions, the signs of the search for date and version into nk.exe, and also other special features, for example, necessary whether to prescribe somewhere into nk.exe the sizes of rom, region etc, then the support of this can be added into osbuilder.

As to gather the dump without the template i tried to make the process of editing and assembling far more convenient and more visual. the result is osbuilder.
    If you have ideas for improvements, write them down here and barin will take a look at them.

Tutorial Videos:
    01-DumpNBH.zip
    02-Grouping.zip

Manual:
    WWE Manual Download Link

Multibuild feature (use more than one sys build):
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=42486#post42486

Porting XIP:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38546#post38546
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38615#post38615
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38829#post38829

Setting Package Build Order:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38558#post38558

Exclude/Include specific packages:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38622#post38622

OEM creator for EXT to OEM Conversion (another tool by ultrashot coming soon):
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38919#post38919

Getting Started:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38859#post38859

List of supporters (fullversion):
    Code:
    Alexx ~, AndrewSh, HD2Owner, 3D MASTER,
    ash172, bitje, Elesvil, erickwill, Feropont, fq3803, Gangsta-P,
    Pgreench, GUG, Hellonasty, indagroove, Kristof Petho, LiquidStorm,
    mishok_006, mondi, Mor-Da, MorzeCBP, mwalt2, NarkoZ,
    NightOWL, Petrovych, rewwps, Satan!, serfer222, SergeyLAR,
    tian tian, ultrashot, usv, Hacker, Zloy Pryanik, Vladimir1973

Other great tools by barin:
    OS Builder 7 (WP7 Kitchen)
    LEO Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Titan Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Mozart Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Blackstone Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Topaz Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Kovsky Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Whitestone Advanced ROM Update Utility
    HTC Splash Tool

My projects:
    HD2O ROM Series
    X1O ROM Series
    HTC HD2 stock ROM overview thread
    Latest Opera 9.70 thread
    HD2 WP7 donation fund for da_g
    HD2 haret/linux/android donation fund for devs (cotulla, dcordes, markinus, letama, netripper)
    HD2 6.5.3 global bold font fix (by ultrashot)
    HD2Owner's youtube channel
    OSBuilder V1.3.163 is ready
    OS Builder V1.2.140 is ready
    OSBuilder V1.2.153 with XPH support is ready.
    OSBuilder V1.2.133 is ready :)