Thanks Meter: 1,683

Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2012, 02:15 AM |#101  
Flag OHIO
Thanks Meter: 359

Donate to Me
More
I like MIUI. Thanks for getting this out
However two things I noticed and would like to see if you can incorporate them (after finals)

1. Volume seems really low for media and anything out of the speaker. At first I thought I did something to the phone, but when I restored to my backup image of BAKED, I noticed the diffrenece.

2. MIUI Tools: I know they can be only used if compiled with the rom. Can you incorporate it? ***EDIT*** I just saw the previous post about complying with MIUI.us and Bean....Bummer***

Good luck on your finals.

6th December 2012, 02:34 AM |#102  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleelas

Just to reiterate, you DO NOT lose your imei without the ril fix!! It just sets the network types incorrectly. You are at no higher risk of losing your imei with this than with any other rom. I still highly recommend backing it up though!

If your network settings get off, before you do something drastic and send your phone back, pm me.

Thank you for this rom. Miui is definitely one of my favorites. On the IMEI front, Goose306 has a nice tut on Rootz about backing it up for noobs. I think it is in the GSIII general section. Basically mine was backed up twice before I ever flashed a rom on this phone. Peace of mind is :good)'

Sent from my EPAD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to thelangosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thelangosta Ad-Free
6th December 2012, 03:59 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Strummerjohn,
First along with these other developers.. Bless your hearts!!!! Yay for some MIUI dev!!

Second, its probably some setting in my phone but if I try your link for G+, it opens browser to a dead page. Eh I'll try from PC later.

Once again thanks for MIUI work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
6th December 2012, 04:57 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Somebody wanna help me out in finding the files for the toolbox? PM me if you can... I can't find them in build 1
6th December 2012, 05:18 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCHPx

Somebody wanna help me out in finding the files for the toolbox? PM me if you can... I can't find them in build 1

Wish I could be there for you man.
I believe someone posted it back. Even though he removed it, I'm sure he still has it if you know what I mean

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
6th December 2012, 05:45 AM |#106  
Flag charlotte
Thanks Meter: 296

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCHPx

Pm me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
6th December 2012, 05:47 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faehsemc

Test it out... worst case scenario, go back to your nandroid. I've never noticed any difference in LTE speeds using strumer's builds.. JUST DO NOT CLICK MOBILE NETWORKS IN SETTINGS

Or use the phone info app from the play store if you don't want to go through the whole process of restoring or reflashing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
6th December 2012, 06:41 AM |#108  
Flag Titusville
Thanks Meter: 354

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin0214

Or use the phone info app from the play store if you don't want to go through the whole process of restoring or reflashing

I think you missed my point about nandroid. I was saying if he did notice crap LTE speeds and did not like it in this ROM to use his old one.

6th December 2012, 06:48 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin0214

RIL not complete. Phone Info won't fix any issues. Best way to not get any issues is to not even touch the Mobile Network Settings at all as then the phone won't touch and thing EFS related and or associated with the connection with the towers.

What's been done in the ROM is enough to tell it when to switch between 4G, 3G, and 2G and how to manage them and so on. It should all work just fine. What's missing (as far as I could see from my corrupted decompile) is mainly the options to manually tell it to switch, and better handling of the connections.

Tried to keep it a simple explanation for you guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
6th December 2012, 08:10 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
So to get the SMS bug to go away, we lost the MIUI messaging app?

6th December 2012, 10:02 AM |#111  
Flag Titusville
Thanks Meter: 354

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinkstooley

So to get the SMS bug to go away, we lost the MIUI messaging app?

Umm not sure where you got that from because my app looks like miui....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)