Thanks Meter: 1,272

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th December 2017, 03:10 AM |#22351  
Flag somewhere in the mountains of north carolina
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
I recently installed the Swift Black substratum theme and was wondering if anyone knew why it's able to theme so many apps without using "Theme Ready" versions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12th December 2017, 03:15 AM |#22352  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 4,446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

I recently installed the Swift Black substratum theme and was wondering if anyone knew why it's able to theme so many apps without using "Theme Ready" versions.

Probably because they're really good themers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 03:42 AM |#22353  
Thanks Meter: 1,438

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

Probably because they're really good themers

They are. But their playstore is as white as a part of my body and as in all other themes if not in english language....Written above by @djdarkknight96; It seems to be impossible. I'm asking myself what the guys of google do except annoying themers and users with their strange sort of building apps.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 04:11 AM |#22354  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 13,026

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Go and look at any other Substratum theme, they all do the same thing without Theme Ready. We can all theme stock, Theme Ready isn't required anymore but it makes some apps just that little bit better.

#WhiteUIMustDie #ThemesMatter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 07:02 AM |#22355  
Flag Pegnitz
Thanks Meter: 791

More
I can't use Substratum because i have Miui rom
12th December 2017, 08:39 AM |#22356  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
maybe the new playstore apks are android go edition!?
12th December 2017, 12:14 PM |#22357  
Thanks Meter: 3,242

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

They are. But their playstore is as white as a part of my body and as in all other themes if not in english language....Written above by @djdarkknight96; It seems to be impossible. I'm asking myself what the guys of google do except annoying themers and users with their strange sort of building apps.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs

Problem is that they move all res stuff into metaressources.arsc exept res/values/strings.xml. This metaressources.arsc isn't decoded by apktool yet so we wait for @iBotPeaches solve this issue

https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/issues/1471
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edzamber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edzamber Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 03:57 PM |#22358  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 45,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzamber

Problem is that they move all res stuff into metaressources.arsc exept res/values/strings.xml. This metaressources.arsc isn't decoded by apktool yet so we wait for @iBotPeaches solve this issue

https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/issues/1471

Don't think it will be possible since it's in assets. Usually nothing is decompiled there so I'm sure it would take having original resources and you know that's not gonna happen. I tried even moving out of assets but that failed. Using an old program to see just the files inside didn't work so might even be encrypted. Sadface
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 04:18 PM |#22359  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Don't think it will be possible since it's in assets. Usually nothing is decompiled there so I'm sure it would take having original resources and you know that's not gonna happen. I tried even moving out of assets but that failed. Using an old program to see just the files inside didn't work so might even be encrypted. Sadface

Yes its a drama

Google Really want to kill dev and themers.
The Following User Says Thank You to edzamber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edzamber Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 04:21 PM |#22360  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 45,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzamber

Yes its a drama

Google Really want to kill dev and themers.

It's weird because one update had this issue then next didn't. I think they just switched programs to build with or something to do with security. But maps why maps? Play services and playstore I understand if its security but maps kills that argument lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
12th December 2017, 05:33 PM |#22361  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

It's weird because one update had this issue then next didn't. I think they just switched programs to build with or something to do with security. But maps why maps? Play services and playstore I understand if its security but maps kills that argument lol.

Yes, agree for Maps...

But for Playstore its a shame to see that only english Language is compatible with themes... Why ??? Its not a Security reason...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)