[ROM][4.4.2] Unofficial OmniROM [LS980][1/9/14]

Search This thread

times_infinity

photo.jpg
What is Omnirom?
A new Android custom rom has been announced at the BABBQ (Big Android BBQ) by @XpLoDWilD, @Chainfire, @Dees_Troy & Team. For more information go to omnirom's website

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread! 
 */

DISCLAIMER: I do not own a Sprint LG G2. I ported this because a friend asked me to. Thought that others might want to enjoy it as well.

It would be very appreciated if you guys could help me try and get a bad ESN Sprint G2. Can't do much testing without a device. But please don't feel obligated.

What Works
  • Hopefully it boots?

What Doesn't Work
  • You tell me.

How To Flash:
  • Download Omnirom and GApps (below)
  • Copy zip to your phone
  • Boot into ClockworkMod
  • Make a backup
  • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • Install ROM zip
  • Install GApps

ROM Download:
OmniROM 4.4.2 1/9/14
Mirror

GApps:
4.4.2 KitKat GApps

Credit To:
The OmniROM guys
CyanogenMod
TeamSbrissenMod
jt1134

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
Hello yes I am that friend who asked for the build. ETA on when u update rom to android 5.9?? um....rom doesnt not be my girlfriend....plz help....my rom bios boot bin is corrupt now. how to fix plz?

Last edited:

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
Theres already a omniom support on other lg original dev thread

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: savoca

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
The big question is, do calls/messages on LTE work? I've waited a while for working Omni, this would be awesome if it works!

times_infinity

Reactions: HaiKaiDo

Deathhead332

Aug 12, 2013
Data works and calling works. I'm on sprint. Only issue I have found thus far YouTube videos won't play.

Sent from my LG G2 using xda app-developers app

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010

Did you not read the OP? I asked him to build it with the call fix and he nicely decided to post it for the rest of you. He probably wont continue to update this. He just posted what is probably a better working version for the moment.

Less being being grumpy to people, more respect and thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaosmaker2k

solo24

Jan 15, 2008
For some reason I lost root access. I did a factory reset and install a few times. Still no root. superuser.apk is installed. I even tried reinstalling superuser in cwm. Still no go. Can anyone help me?

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
For some reason I lost root access. I did a factory reset and install a few times. Still no root. superuser.apk is installed. I even tried reinstalling superuser in cwm. Still no go. Can anyone help me?

You could try reflashing the rom or try flashing another rom and see if you can still get root access on another rom. You can always use root checker apk or try running a application that requires root access.

As far as restoring root access you will want to see if you get root access on another rom; if you do not you will probably need to go back to factory and re root. Hopefully this is not the case.

typow102

Nov 30, 2013
Grand Rapids
I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't seem to get this ROM to flash. Its stuck at formatting system and freezes there. I've tried it on twrp 2.6.3.3 and 2.6.3.4 as well as philz touch. If anybody can help me and be very greatful. I see that their is an updated version of philz touch I don't know if that would do it though. What are you guys using?

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't seem to get this ROM to flash. Its stuck at formatting system and freezes there. I've tried it on twrp 2.6.3.3 and 2.6.3.4 as well as philz touch. If anybody can help me and be very greatful. I see that their is an updated version of philz touch I don't know if that would do it though. What are you guys using?

In twrp in the settings check -rm to -rf

Reactions: typow102

solo24

Jan 15, 2008
You could try reflashing the rom or try flashing another rom and see if you can still get root access on another rom. You can always use root checker apk or try running a application that requires root access.

As far as restoring root access you will want to see if you get root access on another rom; if you do not you will probably need to go back to factory and re root. Hopefully this is not the case.

I flashed Mahdi and root is working. I haven't tried again since then. I will wait for the next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo.jpg
    What is Omnirom?
    A new Android custom rom has been announced at the BABBQ (Big Android BBQ) by @XpLoDWilD, @Chainfire, @Dees_Troy & Team. For more information go to omnirom's website

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread! 
     */

DISCLAIMER: I do not own a Sprint LG G2. I ported this because a friend asked me to. Thought that others might want to enjoy it as well.

It would be very appreciated if you guys could help me try and get a bad ESN Sprint G2. Can't do much testing without a device. But please don't feel obligated.

What Works
    • Hopefully it boots?

What Doesn't Work
    • You tell me.

How To Flash:
    • Download Omnirom and GApps (below)
    • Copy zip to your phone
    • Boot into ClockworkMod
    • Make a backup
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • Install ROM zip
    • Install GApps

ROM Download:
    OmniROM 4.4.2 1/9/14
    Mirror

GApps:
    4.4.2 KitKat GApps

Credit To:
    The OmniROM guys
    CyanogenMod
    TeamSbrissenMod
    jt1134
    Hello yes I am that friend who asked for the build. ETA on when u update rom to android 5.9?? um....rom doesnt not be my girlfriend....plz help....my rom bios boot bin is corrupt now. how to fix plz?

The big question is, do calls/messages on LTE work? I've waited a while for working Omni, this would be awesome if it works!

I cherry-picked http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57035/ into the ROM.

So theoretically it should. But like I said, since I don't own this device. There's absoluely no way for me to test anything. :/

Did you not read the OP? I asked him to build it with the call fix and he nicely decided to post it for the rest of you. He probably wont continue to update this. He just posted what is probably a better working version for the moment.

Less being being grumpy to people, more respect and thanks.