Multiple storage devices

Search This thread

Snoman002

May 2, 2009
oh-io
I am unable to mount two storage devices through a hub to my ouya. Is this standard for Android? Being able to transfer files from my PC to thumb drive and then onto the HD connected to my ouya would be so much easier than my current routine.

ajb999

Mar 27, 2009
Both stickmount and USB otg helper will allow you to do this. I have tested with es file explorer, astro, and filepwn and both drives are visible. With stickmount they show up under /sdcard/USBstorage/. With USB otg helper they are found in storage/usbotgdrives/.

When you install games/apps from discover only one of the drives will show up. After trying a few different hubs it seems like every hub has an order it reads the USB ports. The first HD or flashdrive it finds reading in that order is the one that shows up here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snoman002

Snoman002

May 2, 2009
oh-io
Installed stickmount (huge fan of Chainfire), and it appears to work mostly fine.

Unfortunately stockmount is part of the boot routine and the SU request tends to lag, hang and slow the boot sequence a bit (boot, as into xbmc using autorun).

Im so terribly dissappointed in the mod collection, xposed, etc. It just seems like my system is terribly slow and a reboot doesnt seem to completely clean it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Both stickmount and USB otg helper will allow you to do this. I have tested with es file explorer, astro, and filepwn and both drives are visible. With stickmount they show up under /sdcard/USBstorage/. With USB otg helper they are found in storage/usbotgdrives/.

When you install games/apps from discover only one of the drives will show up. After trying a few different hubs it seems like every hub has an order it reads the USB ports. The first HD or flashdrive it finds reading in that order is the one that shows up here.