By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2012, 11:49 PM |#11  
Flag Islamorada
Thanks Meter: 603

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Congrats on the new release! Appreciate all the work you've put into this blk_jack.

17th June 2012, 12:04 AM |#12  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10,413

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickx

Great job. Flinny can't update Andromadus as often as the flash-oholic in me would like and it's nice to see someone taking over in that regard

also I just can't get over how useful statusbar shortcuts and power button flashlight are. I just can't overstate how useful these two features are, seriously.

Now if only you added an option to change ICS multitasking to GB-style "dumb" multitasking. I'm pretty sure it exists in AOSP because apparently it's a keyboard shortcut in some Android tablet/slider I can't remember. ICS multitasking is horrendously slow, at least on the Vision.

Oh and... an option to make the date text in the status bar shorter?

That GB style Recent Apps does definitely exist in the code. For fun hit FN+TAB on your hardware keyboard Recent CM patches have actually forced the ICS style over the old one in parts of the code, but you can get to it. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement either....

First new idea of the thread! Thanks Pickx

As for the date.. I've been playing w/ a few Statusbar customization options. I'm on vacation this week (19th) so maybe I'll have time to tinker w/ Android now that I'm free from work and at a cottage w/ new highspeed access
17th June 2012, 12:05 AM |#13  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys

Congrats on the new release! Appreciate all the work you've put into this blk_jack.

Thank you sir, your help and efforts are also much appreciated!
17th June 2012, 12:25 AM |#14  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thumbs up
I applaud your efforts, sir! The OP and subsequent posts are a shining example of how a ROM developer should post. *sniff* *wipes tear away* It's beautiful!

Anyway, I'll test this out as soon as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to heybobitsme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heybobitsme Ad-Free
17th June 2012, 01:33 AM |#15  
Retired Moderator
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Thumbs up
Flashed and testing now.

Will follow this ROM with interest
17th June 2012, 01:47 AM |#16  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Subscribed! You finally got this great rom (based on CM9+Andromadus) out of alpha/beta and made a public release! Even the alpha/betas we're flawless (even a bit better than Andromadus ). This rom has a great future ahead of it.

One feature I can think of right now is to add a toggle switch to enable/disable the Android Debugging icon out of the status bar/notification slide and add the toggle in the Dev Options. Its a waste of space (I already know its enabled!). I remember this feature in CM7. Would be great if u can add this blk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickx

Great job. Flinny can't update Andromadus as often as the flash-oholic in me would like and it's nice to see someone taking over in that regard

also I just can't get over how useful statusbar shortcuts and power button flashlight are. I just can't overstate how useful these two features are, seriously.

Now if only you added an option to change ICS multitasking to GB-style "dumb" multitasking. I'm pretty sure it exists in AOSP because apparently it's a keyboard shortcut in some Android tablet/slider I can't remember. ICS multitasking is horrendously slow, at least on the Vision.

Oh and... an option to make the date text in the status bar shorter?

I feel the same way at what u said in the first half. And great idea for the ones that want the pre-3.X/4.X Recent Apps back. I won't use it, but its a neat idea (since the ICS version isn't the fastest for our dated phone). I was glad when CM7 added in the option to expand from 8 to 12 & 16. Hopefully u can add in the option for more recent apps shown for them blk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybobitsme

I applaud your efforts, sir! The OP and subsequent posts are a shining example of how a ROM developer should post. *sniff* *wipes tear away* It's beautiful!

Anyway, I'll test this out as soon as I can.

LOL. But yea, I agree.
17th June 2012, 02:14 AM |#17  
Flag el paso texas
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Will this work if I just try flashing over my cm9 from I got going I want v6 but I just switched to the latest cm9 beta 13 :/

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
17th June 2012, 02:20 AM |#18  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etp23

Will this work if I just try flashing over my cm9 from I got going I want v6 but I just switched to the latest cm9 beta 13 :/

Your mileage may vary. They're both based on the same code but Mimicry adds new features that might cause issues. You could try, I think you'd have more of an issue if you were going from Mimicry to another ROM though rather than CM9 -> Mimicry. Mimicry automatically flashes dalvik and /cache for you on installation so you would just simply need to flash the zip and gapps over your existing setup.

Make a backup first!
The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2012, 02:24 AM |#19  
Flag Toronto

More
I just added a Suggested Ideas area in the OP where I'll put any ideas people suggest in the thread. If you like an idea or can think of some way to elaborate on it please say so so I can gauge the popularity of things.
The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2012, 02:31 AM |#20  
Flag el paso texas
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Your mileage may vary. They're both based on the same code but Mimicry adds new features that might cause issues. You could try, I think you'd have more of an issue if you were going from Mimicry to another ROM though rather than CM9 -> Mimicry. Mimicry automatically flashes dalvik and /cache for you on installation so you would just simply need to flash the zip and gapps over your existing setup.

Make a backup first!

Alright than man

17th June 2012, 02:33 AM |#21  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

I just added a Suggested Ideas area in the OP where I'll put any ideas people suggest in the thread. If you like an idea or can think of some way to elaborate on it please say so so I can gauge the popularity of things.

Great idea!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)