Update for Canada Today (Aug 8th)?

Search This thread

AdamUpNorth

Apr 29, 2010
SonyEricssonCA posted the following on Twitter about 15 hours ago...

"Free software upgrade for the Xperia X10. Get more details here: http://bit.ly/b9HT0A"

But I can't see anything from that link, SEUS, OTA or PC Companion. Anyone else seeing anything?

NotBillable

May 9, 2010
Calgary
its probably the update to 026....as usual, Canada always seems to be in back burner for these folks when rolling out updates.

rvictorg

Apr 25, 2010
Toronto
I checked last night after reading that twitter post both OTA and SEUS, no update available. Still running on R2BA020! I assume that post was to remind newer X10 customers they should update that horrible 014 firmware.

*also today is August 6th not the 8th man

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
Posted a few minutes ago:

SonyEricssonCA

Yesterday’s tweet about the software upgrade was just a reminder for those who haven’t yet updated.

Reprise420

Jun 12, 2008
Was the update from the future? In the future I have 2.2 on my x10 and no Rogers. dare to dream.

pngface

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Dammit :(
Who knows, maybe Rogers will release 2.1 before anyone else does :)
Doesn't hurt to dream....

Reeonimus

Jul 18, 2010
Calgary
You just wait... "The 2.1 update for Canada has been pushed back to Q4 of 2012"

The SE CEO's will be sitting in a room going "Who else do we have left to push 2.1 to? Canada? Those guys are still around? Do they get internet in their igloos?"

wrongfeifong

May 10, 2010
If you want a picture with 2.1 set to be release oct and above in a japanese presentation i can upload it. I am sick of people expect 2.1 tomorrow because they didn't do the researches.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

alitech

Jul 2, 2005
London
www.alistechnlog.com
How is this build wonderful? What makes it good? I cannot see any difference between this and the one before. Am i missing something?

Has it improved the batter life? Has it dealt with the low volume on the earpiece?

applebook

Jan 20, 2010
Vancouver
With the Galaxy S listing for $499.99 CDN, Rogers had better get on SE for the real update, or expect a price cut on the X10.

As much as I dislike the Galaxy S' exterior design, the specs (and OS) are killer.

ddewbofh

Jun 9, 2009
Göteborg
If you want a picture with 2.1 set to be release oct and above in a japanese presentation i can upload it. I am sick of people expect 2.1 tomorrow because they didn't do the researches.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

I'm curious. How recently did the presentation take place? The original plan was for 2.1 in Q4 but it was pushed ahead to Q3 in June/July. Is there a chance the presentation happened before or after the changed schedule?

Edit: Yep, September "onwards" for the civilized world and late Q3-early Q4 onwards for the US. Damn those progressive rollouts, always confusing stuff. :)

Last edited:

rvictorg

Apr 25, 2010
Toronto
Lots of rumours flying around that the X10 is about to land on AT&T in the US...I can't imagine them actually launching this premium phone with 1.6 in the US especially after all the recent updates to 2.2 for all the highend Android devices (less the Galaxy line). SE would have to be out of their minds to pull a stunt like that. Here's hoping they aren't THAT incompetent and just finalizing a 2.1 release ready for the launch of the X10 on AT&T in the coming weeks. :D

alitech

Jul 2, 2005
London
www.alistechnlog.com
No one has actually answered my questions. Whats so special about this new software update? I dont see any difference at all. Its still 1.6. No improvement on battery life and no real update worth all this hype.

What is it really?

phoneguy 4567

Apr 13, 2007
Having recently come from the Nexus One & Froyo I must say over all I'm liking the X10 a lot better. Sure it's 1.6 but I think it's fine compared to 2.2 which I found to be overall not that great. The grass is always greener on the other side I guess, but having come from the other side IMO the X10 isn't missing much.