Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

Search This thread

Adam_J_T

Jun 7, 2011
Central
I've not tried anything else, but the font works very well on CM7.1 on the HTC Aria. Great work! I'm loving it. Thank you.

nav33n

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Thanks

So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it. :p

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

Fonts (Related Attachments - FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip, FontPack-STOCK.zip)

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

veFH5.png
qarhQ.png
YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

Q: The font didn't apply? There are no changes?
A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
Comparison Case 1
Before | After

Comparison Case 2
Before | After

Q: The flashable Zip did not work
A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
- Font Changer App from the Market
- ADB
- Terminal Emulator

Q: What about Non-root GS1/ GS2 users?
A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

=================================================

Wallpapers (Related Attachments - ICS WP.zip)

Preview

SvpeD.png

Actual Wallpapers Preview:
wzYfB.png
yiIlh.png
qQMi0.png

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Install like a normal APK File.

Screenshot:
WU3aD.png

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Music 4.0.1 (Doesn't work) - Here. To download the APK, head here
Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
Market 3.2.0 - Here

Enjoy :)

Great Post frnd...:)

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
I tried the font -> stuck in a bootloop (and it turns out I've lost my last backup) -> install latest cyanogen on top -> everything screwed and unusable -> format all sectors + factory reset... it's gonna be an interesting week I tell ya! :mad:@@@@@@@@@@@@

Edit: I tried it even after wiping everything and installing fresh CM7 (latest nightly) but no luck again... I tried replacing the fonts manually... no go, tried with Font Changer... no go, tried flashing... no go. It's just getting stuck in a boot loop and can't budge from there =/ I guess my wildfire just don't like them :D Had to share this info (I'm killing time while CWM is restoring my backup:D), gluck to everyone else!

Last edited:

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone by chance know what fonts are used in the attached image? It's the clock from the Z3 compact/Z3 before the update to 4.4.4. Any feedback would be brilliant!

thogz11

Mar 2, 2011
So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it. :p

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

veFH5.png
qarhQ.png
YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
Comparison Case 1
Before | After

Comparison Case 2
Before | After

A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
- ADB
- Terminal Emulator

A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

Preview

SvpeD.png

wzYfB.png
yiIlh.png
qQMi0.png

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Screenshot:
WU3aD.png

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
Market 3.2.0 - Here

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

veFH5.png
    qarhQ.png
    YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

Comparison Case 1
    Before | After

Comparison Case 2
    Before | After

- ADB
    - Terminal Emulator

Preview

SvpeD.png

wzYfB.png
    yiIlh.png
    qQMi0.png

Screenshot:
    WU3aD.png

Applications

Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
    Market 3.2.0 - Here

Why the font's name is not Roboto? It is DroidSans.

The existing font on your handset is called Droidsans, and any new font must carry the same name in order to replace it successfully. Which is why, any font you use has to be named DroidSans.ttf. (The clock font Clockopia.ttf, the bold one as DroidSans-Bold.ttf and so on)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Correction. It looks like the font is installed everywhere except the clock on my lockscreen. I am running cm 7.1. How do I fix the clock font?

First download Font changer from market, make sure u download FontPack_Roboto_E2 from the beginning of this thread. Go to FontPack_Roboto_E2 zip click into it copy fonts folder and place it into the fontchanger folder thats on the root of your sd, Open font changer app click advanced click clocktopia then click fonts and apply clocktopia.ttf and do the same for droidsans-bold.ttf and droidsans.ttf and reboot enjoy...
    Woot I love bootloops.
    Nice! I hope we can get a ICS port started soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App