[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

bairds1

Jan 23, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
I can tell you do not I repeat do not apply darks a2sd beta it will completly bork your SD card and can not be read by the phone. Learned from experience! Lol

Sent from a place far far away!

Anyone confirm this? I thought a2sd is installed in Fresh4.3.3 and should work fine. He's just talking about flashing the dt a2sd zip in recovery, right?

Thanks!

jttraverse

Jul 12, 2010
voice-to-text dies...and no Market as of today?

I've been using Fresh since I first flashed a ROM, and have really loved it. But I noticed a while back that my voice-to-text only works now for the first try, and then stops...meaning that if I open a txt and use the voice function, I may get it to work the first try at saying something, but if I stop to let it enter whatever it heard, it usually won't work again after that. I have to finish up with the keyboard. I've wondered if anyone else has noticed this, or if there's a fix I've missed somewhere.

As of the last day or so I now find that I can't get the Android Market app to run. I don't know what the problem is, but trying to use the app just goes to a quick gray screen and then it closes. I can get to the internet and get to the market that way, so I don't think it's the market itself or my connectivity, but I'm at a loss.
Anyway, this is giving me an urge to maybe try a different ROM, though I don't relish the idea. Anyone have any suggestions?
-JT

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I have Fresh 4.3.3 on 2 of my 3 OG Evos. Is there going to be any further development on this Rom to the new build? I was just curious. My wife gets a minimum of 12 hours battery life on a moderately heavy useage day, and I don't want to transition her to another Rom (or I'll hear about it for weeks)

Team Viper Lives!

Kellic

Apr 9, 2009
Minneapolis
So I was a little punchy last night and dropped a new Kernel on my Fresh without doing a nandroid. Long story short system doesn't boot past the bootloader. Does anyone know where I can get the default kernel for Fresh that I can flash via recovery? I could just dump the Fresh image back on but I don't want to go through resetting my 2 step authentication on my Google account. :(

Lesson learned. Don't **** with your phone when tired, or drunk. Bad things can happen.

EDIT: Never mind. I just said frak it and just installed from scratch. ;_;

Last edited:

bairds1

Jan 23, 2010
So I was a little punchy last night and dropped a new Kernel on my Fresh without doing a nandroid. Long story short system doesn't boot past the bootloader. Does anyone know where I can get the default kernel for Fresh that I can flash via recovery? I could just dump the Fresh image back on but I don't want to go through resetting my 2 step authentication on my Google account. :(

Lesson learned. Don't **** with your phone when tired, or drunk. Bad things can happen.

EDIT: Never mind. I just said frak it and just installed from scratch. ;_;

Sucks man. Yeah I hear on messing with your phone when drunk.

I think what you did is your best bet unless you found that same stock htc kernel that flipz adds to his fresh roms...I usually default to a overall wipe and install just to prevent crap down the line.

Also, I was tempted to try the new kernel too. Guess I might wait, but I've heard of others flashing it successfully - you wipe cache and dalvik beforehand?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Hamspiced

Dec 14, 2009
So, has anyone had any luck with a custom kernal on this release.

Everyone is saying it works at first but then they switch back to stock.

Im looking at Golden Monkey but i cant see anywhere, where someone has flashed it and seen any gains and benefits...

bairds1

Jan 23, 2010
So, has anyone had any luck with a custom kernal on this release.

Everyone is saying it works at first but then they switch back to stock.

Im looking at Golden Monkey but i cant see anywhere, where someone has flashed it and seen any gains and benefits...

My favorite to run is Chopsuey v.9.2.6+. I've ran Test 9 of Anthrax, however, for my HW0003, I think it prefers Chopsuey for snappiness/responsiveness.

I've never tried golden monkey or freedom - hope that helps!

Post what you try. I'd like to know :)

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Started getting very strange behavior and I'm hoping I just need to update... keep getting message that my sd card has been removed. after wipe/flash I'm now getting constant reboots every minute. I didn't realize I'd been using this for so long and there's a lot of new stuff out.
I just flashed the new CM nightly... but would love to find a working Sense ROM.
Looks like I have a problem, as the new flash still has the "freshhh" wallpaper and is rebooting by itself. ****.

theidlemonk

Sep 1, 2010
Started getting very strange behavior and I'm hoping I just need to update... keep getting message that my sd card has been removed. after wipe/flash I'm now getting constant reboots every minute. I didn't realize I'd been using this for so long and there's a lot of new stuff out.
I just flashed the new CM nightly... but would love to find a working Sense ROM.
Looks like I have a problem, as the new flash still has the "freshhh" wallpaper and is rebooting by itself. ****.

Amon RA 2.3, wipe, wipe , wipe ... Flash

ProfessorBean

May 18, 2010
Evo 4G stuck on charge only mode

i am on fresh evo 4.3.3, this problem started as soon as i flashed the 4.3.3, i did all the wipe wipe wipe reset flash hit with hammer stuff as prescribed here, however every time i plug in my evo to a PC in disk drive mode it shows up as drive G like usual but that's all, i can not open the sd card through normal means, it charges fine but if i want to transfer files (i use my evo as an off line Gps and make custom maps) i have to reboot the phone into recovery mode and use the USB-MS option in my recovery console. now when i enable that option it says to press the power button to disable USB-MS and return to the menu, of course after i'm finished with my file transfers i press the power button to disable it and go back to the menu, i think it it writing something to the rom making it unable to connect when it's booted normally into fresh rom... now i just don't know how to change the setting to make the evo let me choose disk drive, htc sync, charge only Etc. because no matter how many times i go in to "connect to PC" and choose disk drive it stays on charge only..... thanks for the help in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!