[PATCH] PDroid patch for King Kang datecode July7th, July10th & July16th CWM zip

Search This thread

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA
Ever since I installed an app and then started receiving random SMS and unwanted email spam due to that app accessing my private info and selling me out, I've been using PDroid. Unfortunately PDroid does not currently work for ICS out of the box. You can create your own patch via threads found on XDA. I've created and am sharing the CWM flashable zip along with the restore for King Kang date code July 7th, 10th & 16th.

This was created in windows with Cygwin and [Script]Auto-Patcher. It takes longer to download all the programs needed to create the patch files than it is to create them so this is for the lazy.

DISCLAIMER I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE USING THE FILES LISTED IN THIS THREAD.

THIS ONLY WORKS WITH King Kang date code July 7th, 10th or 16th

Directions:

1. Install PDroid from Market/Play
  2. Flash update_KingKang_JulyXXth.zip for the version of King Kang you have installed in CWM/TWRP
  3. Block apps access to your personal info in PDroid
  4. Enjoy!
If you FUBAR your phone then use the appropiate restore_KingKang_JulyXXth.zip
OR
reflash the King Kang ROM zip over your existing King Kang install.

KingKang July 7th & 10th patch created using Auto-Patcher v70 script.
KingKang July 16th patch created using Auto-Patcher v100 script.

Attachments

• update_KingKang_July7th.zip
    5 MB · Views: 43
  • restore_KingKang_July7th.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 13
  • update_KingKang_July10th.zip
    5 MB · Views: 28
  • restore_KingKang_July10th.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 13
  • update_KingKang_July16th.zip
    5 MB · Views: 28
  • restore_KingKang_July16th.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA
Last edited:
Reactions: DAGr8 and DJGonzo

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA
Can you say which app caused the issues? I am now getting notifications with a star graphic that try to open websites, but I'm having trouble removing the culprit.

Not really. I went on an app install spree and then started getting spam texts and email.

If you really want to trouble shoot try using titanium backup our some other app to mass freeze all your user apps. Only leave like 5 unfrozen and see if you get any more issues. If not then unfreeze a couple more at a time. This will help track it down systematically.

Might also look at the apps that have internet access permission first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

BlkSquad

Aug 13, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Can you say which app caused the issues? I am now getting notifications with a star graphic that try to open websites, but I'm having trouble removing the culprit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Install air push detector from Play store. Problem solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Kflan22

Jun 17, 2012
Atlantic City
Air push notification is awesome for detecting what apps are doing that bullshizz too...it will show which app is sending them and delete it...

Sent from my boosted GNOTE running that KING KANG thang.

Top Liked Posts