[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

pizzaman79

Jul 4, 2008
Leiden
Hardware plugin

I have a galaxy S5. Is it correct that I no longer need a separate plugin app for hardware decoding ?

yaqot

Aug 21, 2015
[Q] note and issue with mxplayer pro

hi
I bought your application MxPlayer Pro . it is very nice app . thanks a lot .

but we have two notes :

1- please , support DTS TrueHD sound .
2- we get a message through watching that said : "the product purchase history could not be verified due to temporary technical issues(s). please check the internet connection and try again later .
why this message ? some time i don't have internet ! and if the message appear again the player shutdown directly !
why we should sure the internet access through watching ?! please correct this issue . it is very annoying .

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
hi
I bought your application MxPlayer Pro . it is very nice app . thanks a lot .

but we have two notes :

1- please , support DTS TrueHD sound .
2- we get a message through watching that said : "the product purchase history could not be verified due to temporary technical issues(s). please check the internet connection and try again later .
why this message ? some time i don't have internet ! and if the message appear again the player shutdown directly !
why we should sure the internet access through watching ?! please correct this issue . it is very annoying .

1. DTS is licensed; install the custom codec: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254
2. I don't have any problems, sounds like a Play Store sync issue, possibly. See: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/faq-purchase-history-error-t2908179

Last edited:

yaqot

Aug 21, 2015

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I don't talk about the sound !
I am talking about popup message that shutdown the player ! because I don't have internet now to check the validate version
why this message appear Constantly and my app is purchased already !
... did you read the link I mentioned?

mr.bilay

Jan 1, 2014
Beira
Hi ladies and gents...
Please I am having a problem plz help me, I have been trying to figure up how to set #MX_Player to player the Next video instead of returning to the list after playback is finished.
Please I have been searching for this setting for a while now. But I use to use it on previous versions of the player. I am currently using Version 1.7.41.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Hi ladies and gents...
Please I am having a problem plz help me, I have been trying to figure up how to set #MX_Player to player the Next video instead of returning to the list after playback is finished.
Please I have been searching for this setting for a while now. But I use to use it on previous versions of the player. I am currently using Version 1.7.41.
Settings > Player > Back to list
Disable that, and it should play the next video in the folder.

Reactions: mr.bilay

Mrwirez

Dec 22, 2009
Pittsburgh
Questions for the MX-perts:

I used to be able to stream .m3u8 video streams on my nexus 9 however, shortly after upgrading to MX Pro, I receive the "unable to play this file" error.

- Any changes to MX codecs?
- I have tried SW, HW, & HW+ settings.
- I can still play m3u8 videos with the stock video player, but it stinks without any customization.
- Lastly, I have tried the neon.1.7.32.rev1codec zip with a new MX Pro installation.

I'm still getting the "unable to play this file" error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Questions for the MX-perts:

I used to be able to stream .m3u8 video streams on my nexus 9 however, shortly after upgrading to MX Pro, I receive the "unable to play this file" error.

- Any changes to MX codecs?
- I have tried SW, HW, & HW+ settings.
- I can still play m3u8 videos with the stock video player, but it stinks without any customization.
- Lastly, I have tried the neon.1.7.32.rev1codec zip with a new MX Pro installation.

I'm still getting the "unable to play this file" error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Settings > List > File Extensions
Is .m3u8 still listed there? Also, isn't that a playlist file?

As far as I'm aware, @bleu8888 has said that .m3u8 isn't officially supported yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.