FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2018, 09:57 PM |#42461  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosystemissafe365

Thank you for replying, actually i already ported a custom recovery and a custom rom for this device.

It takes considerably more than that though.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

26th November 2018, 04:33 AM |#42462  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hmmm.
What do you mean?
Can you elaborate? Thank you
26th November 2018, 04:48 AM |#42463  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosystemissafe365

Hmmm.
What do you mean?
Can you elaborate? Thank you

There should be a lot of activity here from members that have the device.

There should be a lot of threads discussing the device(a lot = more than just a few, more than several)

There should be more than just a recovery and one ROM. Once there have been several versions of TWRP and at least a dozen or more ROM/development threads, probably at least a couple of pages of development threads.

In the meantime, any threads that get posted can have an enhanced tag added to them so that all threads discussing the device get grouped together, it isn't an actual subforum like other mainstream devices have here, but they do get grouped together.

The XDA Administrators and staff aren't going to spend the time, man hours or server space to create a forum for a device unless the device is VERY popular and has many developers creating custom development for it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 03:26 PM |#42464  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello guys!
Is there anyway to get back messengers latest update with simplified design.
I had it for 3-4 hours and then disappeared.
I have a friend, using S8, and he has it.
WHY?!
26th November 2018, 06:54 PM |#42465  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi everyone, i searched around but couldnt get strait answer. I restored someone elses twrp backup because firmware for vernee mix 2 is useless and hopefully fixed problems i had, but now i have that persons imei numbers. Before restore i backed up my phone, so now can anyone tell me what partition/partitions should i restore to get my imeis back?
Thank you!
26th November 2018, 10:51 PM |#42466  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,031

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midvik

Hi everyone, i searched around but couldnt get.........

Have you seen/asked this on the following thread guide?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3116217

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.
26th November 2018, 10:52 PM |#42467  
Thanks Meter: 577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midvik

Hi everyone, i searched around but couldnt get strait answer. I restored someone elses twrp backup because firmware for vernee mix 2 is useless and hopefully fixed problems i had, but now i have that persons imei numbers. Before restore i backed up my phone, so now can anyone tell me what partition/partitions should i restore to get my imeis back?
Thank you!

I guess Vernee has mtk SoC, IMEI is placed in NVRAM partition but you have to restore it by the same method that you backuped before. TWRP will show you the list of partitions backuped, if the string was not changed in the tool maybe is listed as EFS.
27th November 2018, 07:51 PM |#42468  
Flag Novi Sad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Have you seen/asked this on the following thread guide?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3116217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

I guess Vernee has mtk SoC, IMEI is placed in NVRAM partition but you have to restore it by the same method that you backuped before. TWRP will show you the list of partitions backuped, if the string was not changed in the tool maybe is listed as EFS.

Hi, thank you for answering. I read that post but didnt post because it is different system with different partitions from samsung, vernee is mtk :/ I understood that samsung has EFS partition and MTK devices have nvram or something like that. I made nvram backup in twrp, that was my first try, after flash imeis remained the same so i downloaded Ghost Phone app from play store and wrote directly from app (no maui or fastboot thank god :P ). Partitions i have backed up are:

boot.emmc.win
frp.emmc.win
lk.emmc.win
lk2.emmc.win
logo.emmc.win
md1arm7.emmc.win
md1dsp.emmc.win
md1img.emmc.win
md3img.emmc.win
nvcfg.ext4.win
nvdata.ext4.win
nvram.emmc.win
para.emmc.win
proinfo.emmc.win
protect_f.ext4.win
recovery.emmc.win
sec1.emmc.win
tee1.emmc.win
tee2.emmc.win
system.emmc.win
data.emmc.win

i tried with nvdata and nvcfg besides nvram but current imei remained intact.. Thank you regardless
27th November 2018, 11:27 PM |#42469  

More
What's the difference between the (discontinued) superSU 2.82 SR-5 and the latest Magisk (17.3 beta) rooting apps? I heard that Chainfire is no longer developing the former app, superSU, but read comments from time to time saying it works smoother than Magisk on X ROM. It looks like Magisk is being developed again, so now it is the main go-to for rooting your device (or using it's modules). When superSU was still being developed it was the default rooting method for devices like the Samsung S2 - S5 and so forth. Then, when does superSU become a better choice over Magisk and vice versa?
27th November 2018, 11:31 PM |#42470  
Flag All over like street lights
Thanks Meter: 297

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzure

What's the difference between the (discontinued) superSU 2.82 SR-5 and the latest Magisk (17.3 beta) rooting apps? I heard that Chainfire is no longer developing the former app, superSU, but read comments from time to time saying it works smoother than Magisk on X ROM. It looks like Magisk is being developed again, so now it is the main go-to for rooting your device (or using it's modules). When superSU was still being developed it was the default rooting method for devices like the Samsung S2 - S5 and so forth. Then, when does superSU become a better choice over Magisk and vice versa?

Majisk is systemless. It makes it a better option over SU which isn't.
27th November 2018, 11:33 PM |#42471  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio76r

Majisk is systemless. It makes it a better option over SU which isn't.

You mean not flashed/mounted directly to the system and can be easily installed/uninstalled like a regular app?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)