drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
verizon-device-updates.jpg

tanks gawd.

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Consider a incremental update 300mb is a lot. I am pretty sire the ruu will exceeds 600mb though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Yeah I kinda of don't see that file being as small as the source is stating. Not even a Senseless ICS Rom with their Vzw bloat would be that small.

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech

das0527

Mar 9, 2011
I stand by my comment from the last update rumor:

I want to find whoever started this rumor and feed them their genitals on a salad.

andrewp3481

Jun 30, 2011
Think of the OTA as a patch...not. full ROM. I believe it could be 300mb. We already have the base....2.3/ sense 3.6 looks alot like 4.0.3/ sense 3.6

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

spitzaf

Nov 11, 2011
Longmont, CO
It makes more sense to do an incremental patch - replace files, remove old ones, add new ones, etc. Look at home many phones get updates, then how large the update is, then how much it costs VZW to issue OTA updates per MB. Verizon would literally double their costs to send out updates by making it a full ROM instead of a 300MB patch. Yes, its harder to patch in terms of ensuring the proper files are modified or replaced, but thats just a script they need to work out.

Data charges are high because mobile data has a large operating cost compared to land networks. In an effort to reduce necessary bandwidth requirements and cost, VZW and manufacturers are smart to release patches instead of full replacements.

ericsignals

Sep 30, 2010
Buffalo
Think of the OTA as a patch...not. full ROM. I believe it could be 300mb. We already have the base....2.3/ sense 3.6 looks alot like 4.0.3/ sense 3.6

While on the incredible 2, I ran a 2.1 Rom...there was sense 3.0 patch that added some of the features from sense 3.0 and was only like 90 mb. And it had a bunch of weather animations if I remember correctly.

I look at the rezound ics its as the same....we already have the base...it just needs some tweaking and additional stuff.

Sent from my Rezound

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
They might have ripped Sense 3.6 from the update, using existing 3.5 files instead....
Highly doubt that's the case though.
Hmmm

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Wasn't this posted already? Check out the ICS on 5/9 thread on this very same section of the forum...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: RLKirk

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
The Galaxy S 2 was just over 200 and TW is abig skin... So it is plausable, but this is the same form that some claimed was photoshopped so... Why not just wait till a real announcement and stop making these threads?

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
In your opinion..what's the best sense 4.0 rom? I really like it .. but....its so buggy right now

Well , personally use Bored's Rez rom the most and it has been very stable for me . I was able to try evita 2.1 and found it very similar to Rez rom . I kept getting reboots on Newt's 2.0 , but haven't tried the 2.1 update.

So been running RezRom 1.2 since it came out ,very smooth and no issues. Granted I am a light user though, don't have blue tooth or tether. Data is rock solid, texting, browsing and phone calls is perfect with this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI the sensation ICS update was 297mb and the htc vivid update was 314mb.
    as I agree certain words, can be said and be meant in a meaning MUCH differently than others interpret, I don't think this site will condone in that type of language here.
    Wasn't this posted already? Check out the ICS on 5/9 thread on this very same section of the forum...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or to make it a simpler question, why is It gay that it's not on a list?

The word gay doesnt always mean homosexual. Here is good explanation...

. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major LGBT groups and style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. [2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use, the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. This usage can also refer to weakness or unmanliness. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has[4][5]