[ROM][CM10][4.1.2][GSM][07-Dec-2012] Sapir - CM10 based + tablet mode +++

Search This thread

SGTABHI

Well, he does this for free in really doesn't have an obligation to anyone.

Remember, it's Christmas and holiday season, he may not be having access to a computer right now.

Blasted from my Samsung Galaxy SIII (CM10).

Yeah!!!!

Balancing life on and outside xda is not so simple and especially for developers....

They really do a great job!!!!!Thanks guys..

From my Invincible Device

RED ZMAN

What is everyone running for a governor here? And what clock speeds are you putting in for MAX?

I'm wanting to squeeze a bit more performance out of it so Waze isn't quite as laggy while driving. I'm currently running...

OnDemand

Max 1000
Min 200

I don't know much about clocking, so be verbose if possible.

vegh_mark97

Oct 7, 2012
Budapest
Dear Erez,
I think I've been using your ROM from the first relase (with the date 2012.10.06). It's really good, I really like it. It's almost perfect but there are some bugs:
-The wi-fi hotspot is not working for me. It tethers only like wi-fi direct (you can connect to it, but there is no internet connection).
-Neither the USB tethering
-Sometimes it's just stuck in lockscreen than reboots
-Sometimes when reboots itself, auto-rotate screen isn't working after that

And I have a question. Could you make USB host mode working for this Tab somehow? Because it's the first Samsung (Galaxy) Tab, and it's the one that unfortunately doesn't support that.
Looking forward to hearing from your updates ;)

Yue_Iohikzu

Sep 10, 2012
Queretaro
Requests

Dear Erez,
And I have a question. Could you make USB host mode working for this Tab somehow? Because it's the first Samsung (Galaxy) Tab, and it's the one that unfortunately doesn't support that.

It has been advised previoulsy that no requests will be worked on for now, he will start working on them after the merge of this project with the new version of Android 4.2

Reactions: vegh_mark97

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
Good day to everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I got a galaxy tab p1000 under 2.2 version, baseband: p1000DXKM1 kernel: 2.6.32.9 roor@SE-S604 #3, Build number:FROYO.DXKM3. I believe that it is locked on a carrier called globe telecomm here in the philippines. i tried to update it on samsung kies but got no updates and says it does not suppor. i check samfirmware but i only got firmaware for SMART carrier. Can someone help me on this problem?

Yue_Iohikzu

Sep 10, 2012
Queretaro
Wrong Forum

Good day to everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I got a galaxy tab p1000 under 2.2 version, baseband: p1000DXKM1 kernel: 2.6.32.9 roor@SE-S604 #3, Build number:FROYO.DXKM3. I believe that it is locked on a carrier called globe telecomm here in the philippines. i tried to update it on samsung kies but got no updates and says it does not suppor. i check samfirmware but i only got firmaware for SMART carrier. Can someone help me on this problem?

First of all this is the wrong forum for that, this forum is dedicated for CM10 build for this tab, this is a development forum, check the guidelines for forums.

Second, only official update for this tab is to andro 2.3 gingerbread, further releases are only unofficial.

Third, if your carrier didn't release the update, then the only thing you can do for upgrading is to root your device and install custom roms.

Be aware that rooting your device will most likely void your warranty and nobody else than you will be held responsible in case you brick your SGT.

For info on rooting and installing custom roms check for the appropriate forums or at the XDA Developers wiki.

Reactions: Barbatos19

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
First of all this is the wrong forum for that, this forum is dedicated for CM10 build for this tab, this is a development forum, check the guidelines for forums.

Second, only official update for this tab is to andro 2.3 gingerbread, further releases are only unofficial.

Third, if your carrier didn't release the update, then the only thing you can do for upgrading is to root your device and install custom roms.

Be aware that rooting your device will most likely void your warranty and nobody else than you will be held responsible in case you brick your SGT.

For info on rooting and installing custom roms check for the appropriate forums or at the XDA Developers wiki.

last question sir, before i end with this. is it ok If i flash through odin an update from different country? even though it is locked from a carrier?

Yue_Iohikzu

Sep 10, 2012
Queretaro
Flashing

last question sir, before i end with this. is it ok If i flash through odin an update from different country? even though it is locked from a carrier?

I'm not really sure about it, you need to specifically check for your device model, for example mine is GT-P1000L, where L was only released for LaTam.

Most likely not all custom roms will be good for yours, but there are roms for your device for sure.

Flashing through Odin is fine, but it´s easier if you do so through CWM Recovery.

For further questions search for the appropriate thread.

Best regards.

Yue_Iohikzu

Sep 10, 2012
Queretaro
Installation problems

Hey guys, I'm having problems installing this on my GT-P1000L.

I'm on CWM Recovery and when I select to install the ROM from the internal SD card I get the following message:

-- Installing: /sdcard/Sapir-10-20121207-NIGHTLY-p1-erezak.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab" || getpropr("ro.product.device") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P1000"
E:Error in /sdcard/Sapir-10-20121207-NIGHTLY-p1-erezak.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Last edited:

alessandronip

Jan 10, 2012
Roma
R: [ROM][CM10][4.1.2][GSM][07-Dec-2012] Sapir - CM10 based + tablet mode +++

Hey guys, I'm having problems installing this on my GT-P1000L.

I'm on CWM Recovery and when I select to install the ROM from the internal SD card I get the following message:

-- Installing: /sdcard/Sapir-10-20121207-NIGHTLY-p1-erezak.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab" || getpropr("ro.product.device") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P1000"
E:Error in /sdcard/Sapir-10-20121207-NIGHTLY-p1-erezak.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

This rom is only for the P1000 and not for the P1000L.

Bye. Paolo.

Inviato dal mio GT-P1000 CM10 Sapir build 18/11 con Tapatalk HD

erezak

Apr 7, 2008
Petah Tikva
sapir-rom.blogspot.com
Dear Erez,
When are you going to publish an update? I'm really interested in it :)

He has barely been on the website since the seventh of December, a few times in January for Windows stuff. I'm pretty sure this is been abandoned.

Hi Guys,

I really have to apologise. The project has not been abandoned, just neglected.
I'm swamped at work, and don't have the time to update it at the moment, but I'm doing my best to return to it - currently trying to compile my changes back into the 4.2.x code.

vigin

May 27, 2008
Hi Guys,

I'm swamped at work, and don't have the time to update it at the moment, but I'm doing my best to return to it - currently trying to compile my changes back into the 4.2.x code.

Hi erezak,
take your time man, just wanted you to know we're grateful for what we got so far.
I really appreciate your work, you given my old tab a new life :)

vegh_mark97

Oct 7, 2012
Budapest
Thanks for the information :) I didn't want to hurry you up, I just wanted to know that you keep developing this cool ROM :) I really like it, but it's sometimes a bit buggy so that makes me interested in your updates too. Unfortunately I can't donate you but I really thankful for this ROM. If I can help with it, I'll post you what bugs I've recognized :) If I can help somehow, just tell me ;)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 based ROM from CyanogenMod Gerrit.
    Credit goes to cyanogen, the CyanogenMod dev team, and the CM maintainers for the devices.

My plan is to keep refreshing the nightlies.

This is for P1000 GSM.

Directly from CyanogenMod forum:
    Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Download

Changelog (in site)

Open Issues:

GNex.png
    (Yes, the image is Galaxy Nexus)
    New build posted. Hopefully no more phantom voicemails.
    4.1.2 build posted.
    Dear Erez,
    When are you going to publish an update? I'm really interested in it :)

He has barely been on the website since the seventh of December, a few times in January for Windows stuff. I'm pretty sure this is been abandoned.

Hi Guys,