[ROM][4.2.2] 4/5 |OFFICIAL- LiquidSmooth |

Search This thread

ultwill

Dec 7, 2012
Toronto
I did a clean install of 2.5 but for some reason my battery seems to be taking a hit. All else is the same (apps, settings etc.) but my battery life is maybe a third less than where it was. I thought it might be a bad download cause Goo has been kind of wonky the last few days?? I went back to 2.4 and now back to normal battery life.:confused:

Yeah anytime you get a problem like that best bet is reDL, reflash and what I've been doing lately is factory wipe/format system 2 or 3 times when you flash. it seems to cut down on these types of issues, for me at least.

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
hey guys, I see there is no audio sound found on LiquidS rom when i checked via Root Explorer. My question is,Boot sounds don't work for Aosp and CM10 roms ? All i came up with from tons of reading posts on Android forums via Google as well is that CM9 is capable of booting up audio in boot animation. Anyone found a way to make it work ?

I know of a way to make it work, and I have before with other AOSP roms. But there hasn't been much interest and I think most people found it annoying, so it never got included / kept around. It is something that has to be built into the device-specific initramfs stuff, so it's not something you can change on your own...it's either part of the ROM or it's not.

I guess I could try it again if DAG would like that feature in Liquid. But I don't want to waste the time if not.

deadly3kys

Jan 16, 2011
Death Valley
I know of a way to make it work, and I have before with other AOSP roms. But there hasn't been much interest and I think most people found it annoying, so it never got included / kept around. It is something that has to be built into the device-specific initramfs stuff, so it's not something you can change on your own...it's either part of the ROM or it's not.

I guess I could try it again if DAG would like that feature in Liquid. But I don't want to waste the time if not.

Damn that sucks Lol I have been dealing with Cm,Aokp,Aosp ROMs for years on all my devices but that was one of parts I enjojed about the boot animations was the sounds, well thanks for the heads up about it Ssewk2

saurabhrupji

Feb 13, 2010
This is the most stable 4.2.2 rom for att galaxy note 2 . just love it. love your work great job everyone. running this rom since 2 week with no issues.

Reactions: makailey

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Absolutely love this ROM. The only thing missing is Ribbons. Not critical but nice to have them available on lock screen.

Edit: I've noticed I can add shortcuts to the lock screen. So now the only thing missing is to be able to control shortcut icon sizes on lock screen. Ribbons allow for three sizes of which I prefer small.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Last edited:

Medic24

Mar 17, 2013
Will this work for att gn2 i317

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

makailey

May 1, 2013
Calgary
Will this work for att gn2 i317

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Yes it will there is as specific version for that phone on first page of OP

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

[

Important Links

LiquidSmooth Download: Goo.IM t0lte

Google Apps Package 3/01/13 for 4.2.2
[/indent]

[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Here are the 2 links you need to install both gapps and title which is for our phone

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: Medic24

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
Any word on HALO coming to Liquid?

I recently tried Xenon HD to see what it was like, nice ROM but Liquid is still my go to ROM. It's got everything I need plus stable. I did enjoy playing around with HALO though, wondering if this may become part of the ROM at some point.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
What version are we on right now? I have 2.4 installed and Goo Manager says no updates available, OP still refers to 2.1 in the changelog.

No issues on 2.4 here, been running for a couple weeks at least.

v2.5 Don't pay attention to goo for the moment ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
If anyone is really "Jonesing" for v2.5 - I'll leave this up for a bit.

.... gone ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

makailey

May 1, 2013
Calgary
I recently tried Xenon HD to see what it was like, nice ROM but Liquid is still my go to ROM. It's got everything I need plus stable. I did enjoy playing around with HALO though, wondering if this may become part of the ROM at some point.

I switched to beanstalk v1.240 from liquid and its just as smooth but as of yesterday now comes with halo. This is note 2. You might want to check it out, pretty awesome

Sent using Beanstock ROM V1.240 with Halo on Telus Galaxy Note 2

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2306534

Sent using Beanstock ROM V1.240 with Halo on Telus Galaxy Note 2

Reactions: willl03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original OP
    build that willbe posted here will be unofficially supported , I dont mind you guys ask for help in here , just dont expect support for a build that
    A_might not boot
    B_have some random FCs
    etc etc

for changelogs and stuff go to github and look at framework_base commits that will give you an idea of what was added in the last days .

some wallpapers..
    new build is up ill update op tomorrow .. just check on goo .
    for those not aware 'nightlies' are available on my androtransfer ... dagr8/liquids
    Agreed! I see you listed CWM as the flashing method in the OP. Is TWRP ok to use?

I don't want to start any drama considering the circumstances but can anyone briefly tell me what the differences between this and carbon are? The features lists look very similar.

well as you know carbon tree was forked from liquidsmooth

since then they went there own way

since then many things were added in liquid , I wouldnt know if these were kanged from liquid or added to carbon via an other way or if they werent added at all or what was added since then by team carbon .. I do not follow what thy do on there github at all..

liquidsmooth as there own kernel and so does carbon , afaik each kernel is unique to these specific roms and kernel plays a critical role inhow phone behaves so your best bet is to try them both ...

I could give you my opinion but ofc im biased ..

I can tell you one thing for sure when I joined liquidsmooth a few of the 'pub' optimizations were used already but not all of them , this has been corrected so you can expect the maximum smoothnest possible in an oasp based rom .

I personally got the highest linpack results I ever did before on this rom , 245 (average) @ 1.9ghz .. nugh said .

now lets not bring up the 'c' word anymore thank you (lol)