23 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By witiko92, Junior Member on 5th June 2012, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2012, 11:07 PM |#11  
Flag West Coast
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I cannot thank you enough for this!! The stock ICS keyboard is great and Motorola saw fit to replace it with their "large key" version of it on the recent Droid RAZR ICS update.

Would be great if this could be made into a non system APK so it could be installed as a regular app without root.

But thank you again!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by witiko92

Having salvaged the apk files from the Galaxy Nexus ROM and the necessary lib from the apks themselves, I thought I'd share this find of mine.

By the way -- for anyone interested, on the Droid RAZR ICS (Release ROM) -- you don't need to replace the stock or push this "LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk" as it is already included. Seems the stock Motorola keyboard uses this APK.

Also, the library file is not on the phone so you don't have to worry about renaming the old one either.

Basically just put "LatinImeGoogle.apk" into /system/app and "libjni_latinime.so" into /system/lib and you are set.

Don't even need a reboot!

2nd July 2012, 04:10 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianblack

I cannot thank you enough for this!! The stock ICS keyboard is great and Motorola saw fit to replace it with their "large key" version of it on the recent Droid RAZR ICS update.

Would be great if this could be made into a non system APK so it could be installed as a regular app without root.

But thank you again!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

By the way -- for anyone interested, on the Droid RAZR ICS (Release ROM) -- you don't need to replace the stock or push this "LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk" as it is already included. Seems the stock Motorola keyboard uses this APK.

Also, the library file is not on the phone so you don't have to worry about renaming the old one either.

Basically just put "LatinImeGoogle.apk" into /system/app and "libjni_latinime.so" into /system/lib and you are set.

Don't even need a reboot!

Buddy, not sure if root is needed but I installed this keyboard just installing the two apks as a regular installation, give a try maybe regular installation works for everyone. Download then execute the apk from folder, with some explorer, and installation begins. I keep the stock libjni_latinime.so also.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregórioAxiaMagno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GregórioAxiaMagno Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 06:15 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
work on Galaxy SIII (android 4.0.4) and Galaxy SII (android 4.0.3)
30th July 2012, 06:09 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
when trying to adb remount...getting operation not permitted...any ideas?
30th July 2012, 08:26 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks for the share, man! I installed via Root Explorer and it works like a charm! Just one question - is it possible to add other languages, Bulgarian especially?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
9th August 2012, 07:55 AM |#16  
Flag PCB
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity

when trying to adb remount...getting operation not permitted...any ideas?

+1 to that. I tried just continuing with the steps and it says that I pretty much can't access the /system folder with a production ROM...it's the stock, but rooted T999 ROM.
23rd September 2012, 02:29 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Question
Hey,

I'm running a CM9 Rom and I've copied the files to the relevant locations and the stock keyboard is still not showing in the language and input settings area. I even tried a restart to see if it had worked and still nothing.

* I have also tried installing the apk like a normal package which makes it present in the settings area but whenever I try to use anything that needs it (Browser, SMS etc) it says "Unfortunately android keyboard has stopped." I tried clearing the data and still the same. *

Any idea what the issue could be or if this could be worked into a CWM install package?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
12th November 2012, 05:04 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregórioAxiaMagno

Buddy, not sure if root is needed but I installed this keyboard just installing the two apks as a regular installation, give a try maybe regular installation works for everyone. Download then execute the apk from folder, with some explorer, and installation begins. I keep the stock libjni_latinime.so also.

Thanks for this,
I installed LatinImeGoogle.apk only from the sdcard on my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S Duos. Works fine.

Keliuss
4th December 2012, 01:30 PM |#19  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks a lot! I am tiring of ICS TouchWiz keyboard which is so terribly slow when predictive is on.
17th March 2013, 01:03 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 5,236

Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to install it with root and rootexplorer?
Because i dont have adb on my pc...

Hope anyone can answer, would like to install this, Thanks
17th March 2013, 01:26 AM |#21  
where is the problem,make a backup and test it it by urself,than u know it?(its only a suggestion).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)