Thanks Meter: 11

By TVDinner, Senior Member on 19th July 2011, 04:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2011, 12:39 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashinoda

How does it slide out of the top if there's a latch which goes over the case??

this one on Amazon has 5 tabs one of which is on top to hold the tablet in place when carrying.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BZ3MEU
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mortazavi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike Mortazavi Ad-Free

25th July 2011, 11:58 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mortazavi

this one on Amazon has 5 tabs one of which is on top to hold the tablet in place when carrying.

I have that very one open in another tab, considering purchasing it. Hmm...
26th July 2011, 02:21 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonmedic

I have that very one open in another tab, considering purchasing it. Hmm...

I just received this case you're considering (from Amazon, no?) and let me say it is GREAT. It's working flawlessly with Taboonay 1.0.7 (HC 3.1). Theh case looks very professional and is very well stitched. It does have a windows key, which doesn't belong, but I've figured out how to remap it via the Generic.kl file in /system/usr/keylayout. So now I've remapped some buttons so that the windows key is home, the alt key is search, the right-click-menu button thing (shows a mouse pointer and a menu?) is menu, F1 is volume down, F2 is volume up, F10 is pause/play, F11 is back/rewind, and F12 is forward. I also plugged in a USB hub and put in a mouse and my flash drive, and they all work! I'm going to mod the case so there are USB ports from a hub on the side like there would be on a laptop, and I will probably post a thread once I'm done.
/ramble
26th July 2011, 05:39 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
That looks interesting. Can you flip the keyboard around to use as a touchscreen only? How much weight does it add?
26th July 2011, 10:36 AM |#25  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
I can't buy any of these cases from Europe... anyone can share info about any other webstore (not amazon) to buy these products??

TV, I tried mailing the chinese manufacturer and didn't get any reply.. but thanks anyway.

Cheers
27th July 2011, 05:39 AM |#26  
Arlington, VA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not bad at all
Got this one from amazon...looks nice and works out of the box.. keyboard is average quality($30 can only buy this much quality i guess)...the only thing that it really lacks is a touchpad like the xformer dock...hopefully acer is listening to al the customers and come out with a dock soon..
10th September 2011, 02:24 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Mine is still working great and really well for a $20 case with built in keyboard. I do wish I had the 5th holder at the top but still not an issue since I hold it in a way so that it will never fall out and have added additional double sided velcro to the top as an additional way to hold in place.

Works great.

I am still hopefull for a bluetooth keyboard folio so I can free up that port again without having to get a splitter.

But again - still very happy with this one.
10th September 2011, 04:01 PM |#28  
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
I finally managed to buy one from ebay.es. Some chinese company is selling them now there. It should be here within one week, so I'll tell you how's it when I get it.
11th September 2011, 11:54 AM |#29  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Just ordered one of these. Now it's slightly more expensive (around 24$) but the shipping is free, so it actually comes cheaper than 20$ + 15$. Anyway I was wondering if the clip is magnetic (I really hate those things)?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
13th September 2011, 12:55 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi TVDinner,

Do you know if the case you mentioned is available in the UK somewhere?

All the best,

NSCXP2005
13th September 2011, 12:59 PM |#31  
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nscxp2005

Hi TVDinner,

Do you know if the case you mentioned is available in the UK somewhere?

All the best,

NSCXP2005

Go to ebay in UK and look for "chinesesmile" ... I got mine there from ebay spain ... but I think I read that they ship to UK also, so they must be available too un ebay UK
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)