[GUIDE] One Click How to Root the Wildfire with Unrevoked 3.21

Search This thread

dfwmlb

Sep 23, 2010
i install the usb drivers, reboot my phone with battery remove, run it in usb debug mode, but unrevoked dont see my device! plz help, i install and uninstall htc sync with drivers, still dont work :( have any ideas?

Yahoo! Finaly got root. Solved by this guide: Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer(Guide)

Last edited:

michellin

Oct 29, 2008
nice guide
wish i could use it......

my phone does not show -- HBOOT USB
When booting in HBOOT menu [by holding power and volume down.]

it only has....

HBOOT

<VOL UP>
<VOL DOWN>
<POWER>

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

WHY ????

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.80.0002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224-16ab
RADIO-3.35.15.31
May 13 2010,22:09:43

firmware 2.1 update1

kernel 2.6.29-4266b2e1

Last edited:

gpgeza

Jun 28, 2008
Budapest
nice guide
wish i could use it......

my phone does not show -- HBOOT USB
When booting in HBOOT menu [by holding power and volume down.]

it only has....

HBOOT

<VOL UP>
<VOL DOWN>
<POWER>

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

WHY ????

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.80.0002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224-16ab
RADIO-3.35.15.31
May 13 2010,22:09:43

firmware 2.1 update1

kernel 2.6.29-4266b2e1

Did you pluged the usb cable, when you see the HBOOT?

cybercool10

Aug 13, 2010
Kolkata
www.kuntalgupta.com
Awesome Thanks for the Guide , although Rooting using unrEVOked is Easy enough , but since I was rooting for the very first time , this guide helped me alot :)

Using HTC Wildfire , Rooted using unrEVOked 3.21 on Win7 x64

simmoexd97

Sep 21, 2010
HTC Wildfire

Once it is rooted can you easily unroot it? i am 13 years old and i am not quite sure about rooting but i want to so i can get access to paid apps

p0inte

Sep 24, 2010
Sofia
Successfully flashed with unrEVOked v3.21

Hello everyone,

Being the Android newbie i am, i just did a successful reflash using unrEVOked v3.21 on Windows 7 x64 following the OPs' instructions.

Note: if anybody is having the ADB driver missing like i did (uninstalled it by mistake), select Update Driver -> Search My PC -> List Available drivers -> Android Phone(s) -> if the list is empty, click Have Disk and navigate to the HBOOT modified driver downloaded from the unrEVOked site and select the .inf file in the main directory -> Android ADB Interface

Click Next -> Finish.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikrouwel

lilzad

Sep 26, 2010
Did you pluged the usb cable, when you see the HBOOT?

yo i got the same poblem when when i plug in usb it says

HBOOT USB PLUG

<VOLUME UP> to revious item
<VOLUME DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

there are not other options apart from this can any one help?? thnx

dogessence

Jan 16, 2010
yo i got the same poblem when when i plug in usb it says

HBOOT USB PLUG

<VOLUME UP> to revious item
<VOLUME DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

there are not other options apart from this can any one help?? thnx

just ignore step 3 and skip to step 4. i had it rooted this way.

minde2004

Sep 28, 2010
Siauliai
It seems all ok. At the end Unrevoked write DONE. But I still cant get in some catalogs like /data, /root, /sbin etc. :( Can somebody explain how to get access for these catalogs.

Last edited:

caspar911

Aug 25, 2009
Had problems with W7

I had problems with W7 (64-bit) (same one that others have been reporting here) where the reflash would just say "waiting for device..", even though I have basically a clean install of W7 and followed all of the instructions successfully. I then tried it in Linux (Ubuntu, to be precise), and it worked flawlessly.

Remember to use root permission when launching reflash, though!

Akerhage

Sep 29, 2010
Gothenburg
Ok, I have serious problems with this. I have a wildfire phone, Win 7 (64bit).
I did this:
* Installed the HTC sync (downloaded from website)
* Uninstalled them directly (never had my phone connected with computer using USB)
* Turned my phone off
* Started it with Volume down-start, and got the HTBOOT USB plug
* Installed the android boatlooder interface correctly.

After this my problem started, when the Unrevoke-progress were started.

* I turned my phone on (no connection with computer now)
* When the phone was on I turn on the usb debugger thing
* Connected it via USB to the computer
* Then windows automaticly tryes to install drivers (ADB and some other drivers)
ARE THIS DRIVERS SUPPOSED TO BE INSTALLED?? - because I unistalled them! And now I cant install ADB again, if it even should be installed?
* Tryed unrevoked but get message "waiting for device"

Maybe something were wrong when windows tryed to install drivers that werent supposed to be installed? Or maybe I werent supposed to unistall then at all?
Or maybe its just because I am using Win7 (64bit) that the problems occur?

phunctionist

Aug 4, 2010
Bucharest
@Akerhage and others still facing problems with rooting:

I have finally succeeded in rooting yestarday.
I've tried to follow the rules on this thread but nothing seemed to help me. I tried on Windows Xp 32bit, Windows 7 32&64bit, nothing. I was stuck in the same place as akerhage.

So, what I did was to forget about windows and went linux. I know this might not be to the likes of everybody and that it is just an alternate solution and not a fix to the original problem(s) but it is indeed very easy. You don't even have to install linux ;-)

1: Download the Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer mentioned here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7449486&postcount=1 ( Thanks @shad0wf0x on this occasion ;-) )

2. Follow the instructions there. I chose not to burn it on a CD/CD-RW but put it on a USB stick. Unfortunately, when I tried, the Pendrive Linux did not work for me. So, I recommend using UNetbootin from here : http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

3. Keep following instructions in the thread by shad0wf0x. There should be no problems.

4. Enjoy your rooted Wildfire.

Akerhage

Sep 29, 2010
Gothenburg
@phunctionist:

Thanks, Ive seen this before, so have to try this then, but strange that it works for some people and doesnt work for other?
When I run the unrevoke in linux, is there anything else I have to do after it says done?
Or is the phone fully rooted then? Giving me options to intall new roms, loading widgets etc??
Etc: When this is done I have to follow this guide: "[ROM][29/09] WildPuzzleROM v8.0.1 HTC-Sense-Froyo 2.2 MultiLang, GoogleApps, Working"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: It does not work on 2.2.1 Wildfire's (i.e. - Any bought after Feb - March 2011)

I first want to thank everyone at UnrEVOked for what they've done. I'm posting this because there aren't any really detailed instructions. Its an easy enough root, but I know I've been there before and even the simplest things can be tough if things aren't laid out. So here's a step by step tutorial.

Due to some bugs, Unrevoked 3.2 was taken down shortly after being released, but the updated version is now LIVE! So obviously we're going to bring you a video tutorial on how to do it! Thanks to the guys at Unrevoked for giving us this simple solution to rooting the HTC Buzz (Wildfire).

LINK TO VIDEO WALKTHROUGH FOR HOW TO ROOT THE WILDFIRE

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

◄●How to Install HBOOT Drivers (Windows Users ONLY)●►

If you're using Windows, you're going to have to install the HBOOT drivers first. You can follow this video tutorial:

and follow along with these written instructions provided by the Unrevoked team:

1. Download the unrEVOked modified USB driver and expand it somewhere you will remember.
    2. Turn off your phone, then boot it into the HBOOT menu by holding power and volume down.
    3. On your phone, you will have to select HBOOT USB at that menu by pressing volume down four times, then power. Wait until the screen flashes through an “SD Checking” message before pressing buttons; otherwise, the phone will ignore keypresses.
    4. Connect the phone to your Windows machine with a USB cable and wait for the phone to say HBOOT USB PLUG on screen.
    5. Open Device Manager.
    6. Click Start, then right click on Computer, then click Properties, then click Device Manager.
    7. Under Other devices, you should now see the Android 1.0 device.
    8. Right click on Android 1.0 and click Update Driver Software:
    9. Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    10. Click on Browse and select the Android USB Driver folder on on your computer, click ok, then click next.
    11. You should get a status bar indicating that the driver is installing. If you get any warnings, just click Ok.
    12. Your driver should install.
    13. Click Close and make sure Android Bootloader Interface is listed under Android Phone.

◄●Instructions●►

1. Make sure you downloaded Unrevoked3 for your OS.
    2. If you're on Windows, make sure you "uninstall HTC Sync or any other program that might talk to the phone over USB (doubletwist, etc). They will cause problems" (Unrevoked.com).
    3. Plug your phone into your computer with USB.
    4. Drag down from the notification bar on your phone and select "Charge Only" and "Remember this"
    5. Make sure your phone has USB Debugging turned on by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and checking USB debugging.
    6. Run the Reflash application that you downloaded.
    7. Unrevoked will run its processes. Follow the few instructions it gives and thats it!

You're now rooted!

EDIT: If that doesn't work for you, follow these instructions:

Got my wildFire Rooted!
    Most ways here didn't work to get it going, but here is how i got it working:

01. Installed HTC Synch
    02. Ran HTC Synch with WildFire Connected
    03. Closed HTC Synch
    04. Downloaded Unrevoked 3 and ran it
    05. Let it do the whole process (it did everything by itself (rebooting the wildfire in hboot mode etc...)
    05. Installed HBOOT USB Drivers when it asked for it
    06. At some stage it says something like rooting ... safe to restart if it doesn't work, it stays on that screen, close unrevoked3
    07. Disconnected WildFire
    08. Uninstalled HTC Synch (only the program, not the drivers)
    09. Connected Wildfire to PC
    10. Ran UNREVOKED3 again
    11. HTC Wildfire is rooted now :)

* HTC WildFire (Belgium) Simlockfree
    * Done on Windows XP
    I tempted to do it, do you think there will be a way, in the near future, to un-void the phone?

Yes, AlphaRev will release a downgrader to revert the Bootloader. Infact, someone has asked them already and got the required commands as well, to revert the phone back to stock, but, it is yet to be tested.
    Successfully flashed with unrEVOked v3.21

Hello everyone,

Being the Android newbie i am, i just did a successful reflash using unrEVOked v3.21 on Windows 7 x64 following the OPs' instructions.

Note: if anybody is having the ADB driver missing like i did (uninstalled it by mistake), select Update Driver -> Search My PC -> List Available drivers -> Android Phone(s) -> if the list is empty, click Have Disk and navigate to the HBOOT modified driver downloaded from the unrEVOked site and select the .inf file in the main directory -> Android ADB Interface

Click Next -> Finish.

Cheers!
    hi there trying to revoke wildfire too, got to stage where it says waiting for root, tryed restarting the laptop and phone a number of times but still wont find root, ive installed proper drivers abd and andriod drivers when its in hboot, ive also tryed a downgrade package but still says waiting for root, im trying to put either revoked custom image or the original rom, so i have a 3uk factory rom image, and people have said to use nandroid but do not have it i dont think, can anyone help thank u
    On "unrevoked3" program, after few minutes I got this:

Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware to new?

Any suggestions?

unrevoked doesnt work with froyo or above. only with 2.1. Use revolutionary instead, thats how i did it.
    http://revolutionary.io/