[TOOL] Optimus Toolkit 6 in 1 v1.1.1 | P990-Linux|Root-Flash-Backup-Ap/KDZ Toolkit

Search This thread

Homero2

Jan 24, 2009
Valencia
www.todomovillg.es
Optimus Toolkit 6 in 1 v-1.1.1 - Linux

After a few month programming here you have this 6 in 1, we say that it is the counterpart in Linux of the "All in one", though it seems.
In you program have included 6 applications essential for the day-to-day management of Optimus, partitions with the new LG-ICS configuration or the former LG-GB.
Backup/restore of the whole system, and also of the SDs, both internal and external, and stores them in ZIP format.

The program includes:
  • Uncompress KDZ
  • Unpacking AP
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • Flash ROM (NVflash)
  • Rooted
Three languages, Spanish, English and German, I hope that it will soon translate into French, Italian and Portuguese

An example of use:
You have a ROM format KDZ and does not the Windows program rather than failing, because well, you copy the kdz within the kdz_folder folder, run the Optimus_Toolkit 6 in 1 and choose option 1- UnPack KDZ.
After a few seconds you have the AP and CP files to Flash with Smartflash. Oh, that doesn't want to boot windows?, no problem, use option 2.- UnPack AP, and then option 4.-Flash ROM for flashing by NVflash ROM KDZ just unpack.
But before Flash want do a backup of the system, as with the 3.- Backup/Restore option, this is in Optitool 2, backup/restore DATA, SYSTEM, etc.
The operation is very intuitive, just follow the instructions on screen.
The program does many things, and others will in the future.
I hope that you go reporting if you detect a fault.

Changelog
V-1.1.1
- Support for German language, thanks to Cupacabra - in this version you can change language from the main menu
V-1.1.0
- Support for any language. I have included a language file that you can go adding translations to other languages - error correction. -Added you fixing of current route to run on MAC (by drag0njoe) - the only language menu exits the first runs, the language selected is memorised.
V-1.0.2 R
- UnPack KDZ - now is can copy more than one KDZ within kdz_folder/, the program will create a menu with the KDZ that is inside the folder. - Added limits so that an opcionque can not be pressed does not exist. - Automatically adapts to options with one or two figures.
- Flash ROM - remodelling of the Flash ROM menu and correction of minor errors
V-1.0.2
- Menu flasher - Two new options, [5] Flash RECOVERs and [9] Flash KERNELs. - Alternative kernels copied them to kernel folder / and the recoverys to the recovery folder. - The program will detect the kernels and recoverys withi
V-1.0.1
- Correction on menu flashing, by drag0njoe
- Added flashing Kernel, by drag0njoe
V-1.0 stable
- Fixed bug when unpacking AP
- Fixed bug when unpacking KDZ
- Fixed bug in detection of ROM
- English version, corrected spelling errors.
- Revamped graphic look.
CREDITS
• navossoc@xda introduced the 'LGExtract.exe'. the encrypyted/compressed kdz can be extracted/decrypted to AP.bin/CP.fls by LGExtract.exe
AP.bin extractor (win32/linux)
xonar_ made BIN/FLS extractor
and release source
(original Java version by xonar_)
(win32 C port by navossoc)
[TOOL] LGExtract 0.2.1 by navossoc
DOWNLOAD
Optimus_Toolkit_6-in-1_V-1.1.1.tar.gz - 25.64 MB

Attachments

• Optimus_Toolkit_6-in1_Backup_EN.jpg
    Optimus_Toolkit_6-in1_Backup_EN.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6,127
  • Optimus_Toolkit_Root_EN.jpg
    Optimus_Toolkit_Root_EN.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4,571
  • OTmenuEn.jpg
    OTmenuEn.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,868
Last edited:

drag0njoe

Feb 20, 2010
Thanks for your work and collection, as a regular linux user it's very useful for me.

I have some recommendations which are might be improve the linux users experience.
I suggest you to use some kind of compression which is takes care about the extended *nix attributes, like the executable bit. For example, the 7zip and the tar.gz will be perfect.
But if you feel better, that's no problem using the proprietary rar format, in this case I have to execute these commands:

Code:
chmod +x scripts/*.sh
chmod +x tools/7za
chmod +x tools/adb_linux
chmod +x tools/adb_mac
chmod +x tools/cabextract
chmod +x tools/extract
chmod +x tools/nvflash

Or, if you think you can implement such a thing like these into your menu.
Not a big problem, just an idea how to make your work more user friendly.

The other, which is also just a minor thing, in the tools/flash_en.sh I found that in the Opti nvflash command line there is a tools/fastboot.bin, which is not corrected to the fastbootICS.bin file, so the nvflash of course does not work with.
Lastly, please consider about integrate the recovery from pengus (CWM non-touch) and tonyp (CWM touch and TWRP soon), and to implement the kernel flashing only (ex. for the kernel testers). I attached my version of your flash_en.sh with Flash ROM option 8 (because I am successfully stucked on boot with a new kernel :eek:).

Thank you for your work!

Attachments

• flash_en.7z
    1.8 KB · Views: 814

Homero2

Jan 24, 2009
Valencia
www.todomovillg.es
Thanks for your work and collection, as a regular linux user it's very useful for me.

I have some recommendations which are might be improve the linux users experience.
I suggest you to use some kind of compression which is takes care about the extended *nix attributes, like the executable bit. For example, the 7zip and the tar.gz will be perfect.
But if you feel better, that's no problem using the proprietary rar format, in this case I have to execute these commands:

Code:
chmod +x scripts/*.sh
chmod +x tools/7za
chmod +x tools/adb_linux
chmod +x tools/adb_mac
chmod +x tools/cabextract
chmod +x tools/extract
chmod +x tools/nvflash

Or, if you think you can implement such a thing like these into your menu.
Not a big problem, just an idea how to make your work more user friendly.

The other, which is also just a minor thing, in the tools/flash_en.sh I found that in the Opti nvflash command line there is a tools/fastboot.bin, which is not corrected to the fastbootICS.bin file, so the nvflash of course does not work with.
Lastly, please consider about integrate the recovery from pengus (CWM non-touch) and tonyp (CWM touch and TWRP soon), and to implement the kernel flashing only (ex. for the kernel testers). I attached my version of your flash_en.sh with Flash ROM option 8 (because I am successfully stucked on boot with a new kernel :eek:).

Thank you for your work!

I will take into account the compression, I will use the native tar.gz.

On line 101 of your flash_en.sh it refers to tools/recovery_ics-20121230.img
That recovery is that?

I'm hoping to TWRP, is a recovery which I like very much, I tried to adapt it to ICS based on modifications made by Stefan in the CWM, but I only got a tremendous brick :)), is that something different from CWM works

If you think of any suggestions, they will be well received.

Reactions: drag0njoe

drag0njoe

Feb 20, 2010
I will take into account the compression, I will use the native tar.gz.

Thank you! Maybe the newer Linux users also like it.

On line 101 of your flash_en.sh it refers to tools/recovery_ics-20121230.img
That recovery is that?

Yes, this is the latest recovery from pengus77, I am using his ROM, so I think this one is better for me.

I'm hoping to TWRP, is a recovery which I like very much, I tried to adapt it to ICS based on modifications made by Stefan in the CWM, but I only got a tremendous brick :)), is that something different from CWM works

If you think of any suggestions, they will be well received.

I tried it too, the result was useless, so I really understand you :D
Maybe sooner or later somebody has some time to make it for the ICS layout too.

Thank you again for your excellent work, it is really useful for me!

Reactions: Homero2

roboflexx

May 18, 2009
Can't get it working.
Tried running it on a mac but it ends with an End of process after selecting a language:

Escoja una opción/Type an option: [1-2,X]2/Users/ruslanmirsalihov/Desktop/Toolkit_ICS-Root_Stock-v-1.0_by_Homero/root: line 18: tools/en.sh: No such file or directory
logout

On ubuntu it says it was unable to determine my phone.

Any help?

drag0njoe

Feb 20, 2010
If the "unable to determine my phone" means that when you start the flashing process you get "Nvflash started" "USB device not found" in Ubuntu, I think the problem is that you using wrong cable, or you not plug the phone into the USB while both of the volume keys pressed. Please provide exact error message and the exact menu option you used in order to get your problem solved.

About the mac you need to start Terminal from Utilities and start the script from here.
Or, alternatively, I attached a fixed menu which is working with double-click, just download and replace it your menu file with the attached one (there is a new function which doing the same thing, cd'ing into the script directory, so I just made nearly nothing, but working in linux and mac, and should working in cygwin too.)

But note that, in mac you cannot use the flashing options because of AFAIK there is no nvflash for mac. But you can use the others, such as the rooting and the back up with ADB is working.

Attachments

• menu.tar.gz
    767 bytes · Views: 235
Reactions: barril and Homero2

Homero2

Jan 24, 2009
Valencia
www.todomovillg.es
New version 1.1.0, with support for multiple languages, the languages are included in a separate script file.
The program memorizes the selected language, and the language menu will not appear any more

Reactions: majoortje

archish

Apr 3, 2012
Phew, search how to nvflash!!!

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda premium

Newbie here trying to flash my o2x however I am not able to enter APX mode I guess. I've removed the battery and I hold down the volume up/down and plug into USB but nothing appears.. it just says no USB devices were found? Anyone else have this issue, not sure what I am missing here but pretty hard to do anything if device is not recognized. thanks.

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Newbie here trying to flash my o2x however I am not able to enter APX mode I guess. I've removed the battery and I hold down the volume up/down and plug into USB but nothing appears.. it just says no USB devices were found? Anyone else have this issue, not sure what I am missing here but pretty hard to do anything if device is not recognized. thanks.

Try the all in one tool kit by spyrosk
It has the menu for installing the drivers which you need
Install the apx drivers

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Optimus Toolkit 6 in 1 v-1.1.1 - Linux

After a few month programming here you have this 6 in 1, we say that it is the counterpart in Linux of the "All in one", though it seems.
    In you program have included 6 applications essential for the day-to-day management of Optimus, partitions with the new LG-ICS configuration or the former LG-GB.
    Backup/restore of the whole system, and also of the SDs, both internal and external, and stores them in ZIP format.

The program includes:
    • Uncompress KDZ
    • Unpacking AP
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • Flash ROM (NVflash)
    • Rooted
    Three languages, Spanish, English and German, I hope that it will soon translate into French, Italian and Portuguese

An example of use:
    You have a ROM format KDZ and does not the Windows program rather than failing, because well, you copy the kdz within the kdz_folder folder, run the Optimus_Toolkit 6 in 1 and choose option 1- UnPack KDZ.
    After a few seconds you have the AP and CP files to Flash with Smartflash. Oh, that doesn't want to boot windows?, no problem, use option 2.- UnPack AP, and then option 4.-Flash ROM for flashing by NVflash ROM KDZ just unpack.
    But before Flash want do a backup of the system, as with the 3.- Backup/Restore option, this is in Optitool 2, backup/restore DATA, SYSTEM, etc.
    The operation is very intuitive, just follow the instructions on screen.
    The program does many things, and others will in the future.
    I hope that you go reporting if you detect a fault.

Changelog
    V-1.1.1
    - Support for German language, thanks to Cupacabra - in this version you can change language from the main menu
    V-1.1.0
    - Support for any language. I have included a language file that you can go adding translations to other languages - error correction. -Added you fixing of current route to run on MAC (by drag0njoe) - the only language menu exits the first runs, the language selected is memorised.
    V-1.0.2 R
    - UnPack KDZ - now is can copy more than one KDZ within kdz_folder/, the program will create a menu with the KDZ that is inside the folder. - Added limits so that an opcionque can not be pressed does not exist. - Automatically adapts to options with one or two figures.
    - Flash ROM - remodelling of the Flash ROM menu and correction of minor errors
    V-1.0.2
    - Menu flasher - Two new options, [5] Flash RECOVERs and [9] Flash KERNELs. - Alternative kernels copied them to kernel folder / and the recoverys to the recovery folder. - The program will detect the kernels and recoverys withi
    V-1.0.1
    - Correction on menu flashing, by drag0njoe
    - Added flashing Kernel, by drag0njoe
    V-1.0 stable
    - Fixed bug when unpacking AP
    - Fixed bug when unpacking KDZ
    - Fixed bug in detection of ROM
    - English version, corrected spelling errors.
    - Revamped graphic look.
    CREDITS
    • navossoc@xda introduced the 'LGExtract.exe'. the encrypyted/compressed kdz can be extracted/decrypted to AP.bin/CP.fls by LGExtract.exe
    AP.bin extractor (win32/linux)
    xonar_ made BIN/FLS extractor
    and release source
    (original Java version by xonar_)
    (win32 C port by navossoc)
    [TOOL] LGExtract 0.2.1 by navossoc
    DOWNLOAD
    Optimus_Toolkit_6-in-1_V-1.1.1.tar.gz - 25.64 MB
    New version, with new options and I think and hope that all errors are corrected.
    Nice bro,
    It's good to have another alternative toolkit for linux users.
    NEW V-1.0.2
    If the "unable to determine my phone" means that when you start the flashing process you get "Nvflash started" "USB device not found" in Ubuntu, I think the problem is that you using wrong cable, or you not plug the phone into the USB while both of the volume keys pressed. Please provide exact error message and the exact menu option you used in order to get your problem solved.

About the mac you need to start Terminal from Utilities and start the script from here.
    Or, alternatively, I attached a fixed menu which is working with double-click, just download and replace it your menu file with the attached one (there is a new function which doing the same thing, cd'ing into the script directory, so I just made nearly nothing, but working in linux and mac, and should working in cygwin too.)

But note that, in mac you cannot use the flashing options because of AFAIK there is no nvflash for mac. But you can use the others, such as the rooting and the back up with ADB is working.