947 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

By yozgatg, Senior Member on 26th January 2010, 07:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2010, 11:45 PM |#121  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 4

More
will this work on the epix? if so which cab do i use?? qvga? vga?

28th January 2010, 12:18 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing

I got it to work and it's pretty nice but should it be the first thing to boot?

Here's an idea that worked.
After I followed every instruction, I copied the exe from storage card, using file explorer, and pasted as a shortcut in Windows/startup. so after booting my phone I now have it as an option.

It's suppose to load when you turn your phone on, as Windows Mobile loads. This is a bootlauncher, not a way to pretty-up booting Android

I have yet to try it because my Android install is in /Android/ on my memory card.. hoping a fix for that, maybe a drop-down box to select your Android installation from within the bootloader itself? That'd be nice..
28th January 2010, 12:44 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_FUZE

Good one! Just one question: is it just an APP for WM like virtualMachine or a true dual-boot system like dual-boot in PC?

From what I'm reading, this sounds like an application that is placed in the registry for initialization when Windows Mobile boots to quickly load haret.exe during the bootup process instead of waiting for Windows Mobile to finish loading all of it's required services to use Windows Mobile. If you choose Windows Mobile, it simply quits the application so Windows Mobile continues the normal WM loading of services? Is this correct or is it something much more? I'm just trying to understand the process since it is placed into the windows registry as an application executed as a windows executable.

Currently I have Android with haret.exe on my Storage Card with a shortcut link created in the start menu to execute the haret executable when I want to go into Android. If this app offers more, I'd like to use it but I don't understand the "Storage Card vs. Internal Memory" releases of this app. Is it dependent upon where Android is placed for which cab you use?
28th January 2010, 01:02 AM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 572

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .mak

It's suppose to load when you turn your phone on, as Windows Mobile loads. This is a bootlauncher, not a way to pretty-up booting Android

I have yet to try it because my Android install is in /Android/ on my memory card.. hoping a fix for that, maybe a drop-down box to select your Android installation from within the bootloader itself? That'd be nice..

i will be adding an extra registry that allows booting specificaly from the /Android/ folder on your storage card
also QVGA layout fix is in the works + the next version will actually check if haret.exe does exist before enabling the android button
28th January 2010, 01:15 AM |#125  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
works for me
28th January 2010, 01:27 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_FUZE

same problem here, it looks like only the apks in directory "core" are loaded

Does anyone know how to fix this?
28th January 2010, 01:29 AM |#127  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 59

More
wow this is awesome! But i have a few questions, is this a one time setup only?? Or does that screen show up everytime after the boot screen, and u have to choose the option everytime??

If it's a one time setup only, i.e you set everything up to auto-boot Android, does that mean whenever you startup your phone, Android will load straight away, bypassing loading Windows Mobile?? Well, how do we switch back to Windows Mobile when we need it??

Please cover more information about this, i don't wanna screw up my phone since i've flashed my Touch Pro at least 4 times in just 2 days, it's getting annoying....
28th January 2010, 01:38 AM |#128  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 162

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscreater

wow this is awesome! But i have a few questions, is this a one time setup only?? Or does that screen show up everytime after the boot screen, and u have to choose the option everytime??

If it's a one time setup only, i.e you set everything up to auto-boot Android, does that mean whenever you startup your phone, Android will load straight away, bypassing loading Windows Mobile?? Well, how do we switch back to Windows Mobile when we need it??

Please cover more information about this, i don't wanna screw up my phone since i've flashed my Touch Pro at least 4 times in just 2 days, it's getting annoying....

It appears every time, but if you have Auto-boot or Fast Boot enabled then you'll have 10 or 3secs to chose your OS, respectively. If both of those are disabled you can simply chose ur OS and launch it by pressing the logo. The main thing is, this app isn't like you can boot direct to Android... it first boots to Windows and then to Android, just for you info, no offense to the developer
28th January 2010, 02:05 AM |#129  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with the utility.

After installing the utility, upon rebooting, all I see is the Gen.Y DualBOOT ribbon bar, which is not reactive to any tapping.

What do I need to do right?

Thanks.
28th January 2010, 02:56 AM |#130  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can someone tell me where can i find android for my XPERIA X! ???
28th January 2010, 03:04 AM |#131  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda2_haseeb

It appears every time, but if you have Auto-boot or Fast Boot enabled then you'll have 10 or 3secs to chose your OS, respectively. If both of those are disabled you can simply chose ur OS and launch it by pressing the logo. The main thing is, this app isn't like you can boot direct to Android... it first boots to Windows and then to Android, just for you info, no offense to the developer

great, thank you for the tips.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android dualboot, android fastboot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)