[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Here is a 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for Fascinate. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state. and it has now been merged in with mainline CyanogenMod :)

Working:
Calls!!
SMS
3G data
GPS!!
Bluetooth!!
WiFi
Camera/Camcorder
USB mass storage / sdcard
Sensors!!
MMS! (thanks andmer!)

Not Working:
bugs I dunno :p

Known Issues:
* occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package (like DL09).

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4. If you have problems flashing the ROM initially, ie: asserts errors in recovery, flash one of the recoveries attached below, and try again.

*** Update 06/09 ***
fixed in-call audio :D
fixed bluetooth in-call audio :D

*** Update 06/20 ***
fixed GPS :D
re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
disabled (broken) auto-brightness
other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
updated to latest CM code
added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously :)

*** Update 07/01 ***
fixed LED flash
fixed ambient light sensor so auto-brightness works
removed mic recording preset option from voodoo sound to avoid in-call microphone issues
added gps.xml from EC09, may help with locks, who knows
removed unusable cpu governors and switched default to conservative since ondemand can be rather flaky on hummingbird procs

*** Update 07/04 ***
fixed deep sleep wake-up issues :D
attached fixed recoveries below

*** Update 07/07 ***
rewrote libaudio so that in-call audio can be adjusted

*** Update 07/09 ***
fixed microphone issues introduced with new libaudio code (in-call / voice search / etc)

*** Update 07/13 ***
fixed MMS :D thanks andmer!
libaudio overhaul - all audio paths should work correctly now, including headsets with mics
added BT HID and tether support (untested)

*** Update 07/17 ***
fixed installation issues - should flash regardless of what ROM you're starting with
MAKE SURE to flash one of the attached recoveries if you are coming from a BML ROM
fixed *228 in-call keypad issue; activation will say that it has failed, but it *does* work. just reboot afterwards
code now merged in with mainline CyanogenMod, this will probably be the last build from me :p

*** Update 07/18 ***
fixed dock audio over usb for car and desk docks (requires Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector from the market)
updated compass drivers for better response from orientation sensors (not 100% but MUCH better than before)
DockAudioAndCompassFix.zip attached below - this is *only* a kernel update, flash it over your current ROM

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfjjclddzq6fl5q - 07/17 ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS

*** The recoveries attached below are ONLY to be flashed on a BML ROM, ie: touchwiz based ROM or earlier, non-MTD CMx ROM. DO NOT FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON CM7 OR MIUI MTD ROMS! ***

Attachments

• cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-CWM.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 7,211
  • cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN.tar
    5.6 MB · Views: 14,749
  • DockAudioAndCompassFix.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2,118
Last edited:

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
Nice job. However, I thought GPS and MMS and that were working? Did they break again when you fixed sensors?

Reactions: aidman

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
*picks up jaw from floor*

Oh. My. God (jt1134). This is amazing. I like how when you first had a working CM7 port you said the one thing that would probably never work was the camera!

Is there any chance the GPS will ever work with this ROM? I use it quite a bit unfortunately! Either way, you are THE MAN!!!!

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
*picks up jaw from floor*

Oh. My. God (jt1134). This is amazing. I like how when you first had a working CM7 port you said the one thing that would probably never work was the camera!

Is there any chance the GPS will ever work with this ROM? I use it quite a bit unfortunately! Either way, you are THE MAN!!!!

I truly believe that Jt will get this fully functional. He's not even close to being done working on this. He just threw this build out there for y'all to get a taste of the complete goodness that's around the corner. Just give him a little bit of time to work his magic. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

sunder74

Jan 19, 2010
Washington DC
This is very exciting stuff! You guys are getting oh so close...excellent work. I think the complete start over and fresh approach was the best idea. Well done. :)

tonu42

Nov 14, 2010
He said in call audio is next fix, then after is GPS. Then finally mms because its never been done before on aosp roms. But once he gets GPS working and in call cyanigenmod might make this official. The vibrant was official with broken gps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

sunder74

Jan 19, 2010
Washington DC
@jt not jumping the gun here or anything but once this build is stable would or will there be any consideration for a stock GRJ22 build?

I ask just out of curiosity because of how the stock build out performs cm7 on my NexusS 4G (at least on my device) but of course there's the loss of all the bells and whistles of CM. Anyway fantastic work glad to see your still grinding away on this. :)

1993cb7

Sep 28, 2009
Manalapan
www.cb7tuner.com
Omg I love you guys!

This is what Im patiently waiting for.

Question- will this rom have swype? will any build have swype?

Love the progress....keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

renf

Dec 27, 2010
Omg I love you guys!

This is what Im patiently waiting for.

Question- will this rom have swype? will any build have swype?

Love the progress....keep up the good work!!!

That's unlikely but it shouldn't be difficult to find a swype apk.

deaffob

Jan 15, 2010
nyc
A question tho, this is very usable build but I'm assuming that fixes will roll out soon. If so, do we have to wipe everything again for those updates? I'm asking because I don't want to spend 1hr+ to setup this rom to my liking only to wipe it in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for Fascinate. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state. and it has now been merged in with mainline CyanogenMod :)

Working:
    Calls!!
    SMS
    3G data
    GPS!!
    Bluetooth!!
    WiFi
    Camera/Camcorder
    USB mass storage / sdcard
    Sensors!!
    MMS! (thanks andmer!)

Not Working:
    bugs I dunno :p

Known Issues:
    * occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package (like DL09).

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4. If you have problems flashing the ROM initially, ie: asserts errors in recovery, flash one of the recoveries attached below, and try again.

*** Update 06/09 ***
    fixed in-call audio :D
    fixed bluetooth in-call audio :D

*** Update 06/20 ***
    fixed GPS :D
    re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
    disabled (broken) auto-brightness
    other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
    fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
    added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
    fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously :)

*** Update 07/01 ***
    fixed LED flash
    fixed ambient light sensor so auto-brightness works
    removed mic recording preset option from voodoo sound to avoid in-call microphone issues
    added gps.xml from EC09, may help with locks, who knows
    removed unusable cpu governors and switched default to conservative since ondemand can be rather flaky on hummingbird procs

*** Update 07/04 ***
    fixed deep sleep wake-up issues :D
    attached fixed recoveries below

*** Update 07/07 ***
    rewrote libaudio so that in-call audio can be adjusted

*** Update 07/09 ***
    fixed microphone issues introduced with new libaudio code (in-call / voice search / etc)

*** Update 07/13 ***
    fixed MMS :D thanks andmer!
    libaudio overhaul - all audio paths should work correctly now, including headsets with mics
    added BT HID and tether support (untested)

*** Update 07/17 ***
    fixed installation issues - should flash regardless of what ROM you're starting with
    MAKE SURE to flash one of the attached recoveries if you are coming from a BML ROM
    fixed *228 in-call keypad issue; activation will say that it has failed, but it *does* work. just reboot afterwards
    code now merged in with mainline CyanogenMod, this will probably be the last build from me :p

*** Update 07/18 ***
    fixed dock audio over usb for car and desk docks (requires Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector from the market)
    updated compass drivers for better response from orientation sensors (not 100% but MUCH better than before)
    DockAudioAndCompassFix.zip attached below - this is *only* a kernel update, flash it over your current ROM

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfjjclddzq6fl5q - 07/17 ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS

*** The recoveries attached below are ONLY to be flashed on a BML ROM, ie: touchwiz based ROM or earlier, non-MTD CMx ROM. DO NOT FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON CM7 OR MIUI MTD ROMS! ***
    Don't forget to have repartition selected in Odin with the atlas_v2.2.pit! or you'll run into problems!
    Why the f is this not in the OP? I'm tired of all this posts about it not working. And can you edit the asserts and make another flashable so we dont have to edit it first? I hope they get this rom more user friendly, I never went through this with nightly cm roms on n1. Editing the zip? Gtfo....that's too much, why do you think this is all cluttered and same questions now...

and you wonder why you're ignored

there is no need to edit the zips, apparently people are having issues that I HAVE addressed and CAN NOT reproduce. I don't troubleshoot user error (it's often apparent that's what it is)

and to answer the question you have CONTINUALLY asked (since you can't seem to figure it out on your own), I AM NOT CATERING TO PEOPLE THAT DO NOT USE VZW. I have no use for such modifications, nor any way to test them, frankly nor do I care.

YOU gtfo