Rogers Moto X 1053 Unlocked bootloader - how return to stock ?

Search This thread

captiv123

Jan 9, 2011
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before..

I didn't know that kit kat 4.4.2. cannot be rooted lol, so I unlocked my boot loader and spent hours trying to load recovery (TWRP or CWM), obviously with no luck.i saw something online that said 4.4 and I assumed it was good for 4.4.2. Didn't work anyways.

Is there any way to load the factory Rogers rom back on so that I don't have that unlocked bootloaeer warning on every boot ?
If yes, any idea where I can download ??

Also, will this change my status on fast boot to Locked ?

I was so looking forward to setup recovery and root, oh well, I still love the device and will be ok at stock until a fix comes out.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks so much

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I don't have time to give extreme details but maybe I can still help point you in the right direction.

First off the Rogers Moto X is an XT1058, not an XT1053.

Once the bootloader is unlocked you can easily root the phone with twrp - same version is used for 4.4 and 4.4.2

You can relock the bootloader but the warning is technically always present. You can overwrite the image with a different one though.

The factory firmware is available for download, you can flash it yourself with rsdlite.

There are easy to find threads with all of the details needed to restore to 100% stock or root the Moto X. A few minutes searching and you should find them. Give it a shot, if after that you have further questions by all means please ask.

Reactions: captiv123

captiv123

Jan 9, 2011
Hi, thanks for the reply
You are correct, its a 1058 and I officially unlocked my bootloader with motorola and voided my warranty...

I used this link
http://dottech.org/147327/how-to-root-moto-x-on-android-4-4-kitkat-guide/a

And when I try to install the recovery in terminal, it says (bootloader) variable not supported)
It then says writing recovery, finished (so it seems to write it), but I follow instructions, then reboot using terminal command "fastboot reboot" and try to boot into recovery but its blank.I even tried just rebooting to recovery and it still didnt work...
Or it just reverts to stock boot up.

I have tried others also but cannot seem to get it working properly.
Any chance you can guide me though it ? I would really appreciate it...

captiv123

Jan 9, 2011
Hi again,

For some reason, when I went to reboot this morning, TWRP is gone. I boot into recovery and blank screen, seems it didnt hold.

Any idea why ??

Thanks

I don't have time to give extreme details but maybe I can still help point you in the right direction.

Once the bootloader is unlocked you can easily root the phone with twrp - same version is used for 4.4 and 4.4.2

You can relock the bootloader but the warning is technically always present. You can overwrite the image with a different one though.

The factory firmware is available for download, you can flash it yourself with rsdlite.

There are easy to find threads with all of the details needed to restore to 100% stock or root the Moto X. A few minutes searching and you should find them. Give it a shot, if after that you have further questions by all means please ask.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.