[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Do you want Ferat to make a Rom / Firmware that looks and feels like Xperia Z3 / Z4?

• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

aval1392

Mar 13, 2011
Fera there's always going to be people who condescend upon your work or any others devs work. You have to realize that the amount of people that enjoy your work and love your brilliant development far outweigh to negative critics. Your ROM is arguably the most popular stock-based ROM for the x10 because of your work. Don't let the negative individuals bring you down. And thank you for your work but it does not go unappreciated.

sambro

Feb 12, 2012
Osijek
This kind of behaviour should be sanctioned by the mods. We all know that minority of people here are (sadly) individuals that think they are entitled to this ROM and everything that comes with it. Dev's are not your slaves nor employees to cater you and your desires, they create ROM's because they like it and majority of them started by developing a ROM for themselves - and shared it with you. You should be grateful for their work.

The downside of a ROM being popular is all the rookie users that it attracts. Furthermore, majority of those users don't even bother to read the 1st post or search the thread for issues similar to their. Even now, we witness lots of users posting questions and reporting bugs that are caused by their own ignorance and failure to read the instructions, in the development thread. This kind of behavior should also be sanctioned - by the Iron Fist!

I feel like project "Iron Fist" failed in aspect of disabling thread tagging for common users. I understand this forum is massive and requires some serious manpower to review all the content that is being posted, but losing even one developer to this kind of thing is too much.

Fer is a brilliant developer, anyone that has tried his ROM (and was intelligent enough to follow the detailed instructions he provided to install it) knows that. It's damn shame people don't support guys like him, through donations, or otherwise - because he is the reason your two year old phone runs on-par with most recent smartphones.

Last edited:

Dananator

Apr 7, 2012
Tasmania
Ok all done,

I used 1% of battery over night (from 11.30pm to 9am)
Am very happy with the battery life atm, will be testing it more for a week.
This is by far the Best rom i have used, massive thumbs up Mate.

And the Lag is fixed too, remember to keep the cache cleared :)

jkirk737

Oct 23, 2011
Melbourne
A friend got himself a Samsung G2 the other day. I had a play with it and man, it is nice. Fast, smooth, slick, kinda makes our x10 look ancient by comparison, and I have to admit that it made me think for a moment.
But as I looked at my poor old beat up x10, I thought 'yeah the sg2 is cool but it doesn't have Feralab rom on it', and you know, that makes all the difference to me.
I love my 'geriatric' phone and plan to keep it for good a while yet. Feralab rom's make it worth keeping.
Fera, don't worry about these idiot's, because that is what they are, idiot's.

Dananator

Apr 7, 2012
Tasmania
A friend got himself a Samsung G2 the other day. I had a play with it and man, it is nice. Fast, smooth, slick, kinda makes our x10 look ancient by comparison, and I have to admit that it made me think for a moment.
But as I looked at my poor old beat up x10, I thought 'yeah the sg2 is cool but it doesn't have Feralab rom on it', and you know, that makes all the difference to me.
I love my 'geriatric' phone and plan to keep it for good a while yet. Feralab rom's make it worth keeping.
Fera, don't worry about these idiot's, because that is what they are, idiot's.

Those G2's are pretty darn quick, i couldnt believe how fast it was on a stock rom, with all the added bullsh!t.

But yes i plan on keeping the X10 for a while longer yet, actually im watching another on ebay atm :p :p

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
@Feravolt

Dude i dont have the pleasure to know you in person,but for what i talked to you via PM i know that you are one of those people that always think in helping others whenever you can,you really remind me of myself,you dont ask for nothing,not even recognition,but your hard work has made you at our eyes a very good developer,you earned it with hard work and results,but most of all,a great human being.

There always be haters,always,in our daily life,school,job,etc,even in this virtual world,and that sucks.

I really feel sorry for that people because they dont have a purpose in life.

Just cheer up man,im not here to tell you how this is going to be,neither how you must to act in situations like this.

Im just writing here,like the others to give you my respect,my support,and my friendship.

Dont worry Fera,answers are coming,and you will find the way to get trough this.

And thanks for those words you said to me via PM

And this is for the people who doesnt have anything to do, just to insult a great human being,please,think it twice,and dont waste your time,you can do something better with that time in learning something new,or maybe try to be better that yourselves,becasue the only thing to defeat here is yourself,just being better that you were,to grow as a human being,and a productive person in your society,nothing more.

Peace to all,and again Fera thanks for being such a nice guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeraVolt

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
14.2 rom is done and uploaded. However I don't want to post it unless I solve some problems with users and/or moderators here. just saw search tags like "thief" and "useless". Though I cant edit them. Anyway. If someone think that i'm thieve please tell me what I've stolen. Also If any of you think that the rom is useless - firstly I don't force any of you to install it. Also.. I may stop posting at all if you so don't want it to me. Peace Out.

Come on pal, you're an extraordinary bright young man, you can do the math. There must be like 100 positive for every hating post that's made. No way to please the unpleaseable. Pay no attention. I realize that that is hard for you, but really you shouldn't. We all know whom posted the tags. Noone cares about him. Just keep doing what you're doing, and all will be fine:-D

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra
Fera if you see previous posts of people,and how many thanks or downloads you have you will see how big dev you are!of course we have some users that don't respect not only you but the rules of xda forum.I hope to release it because this Rom is amazing
Sent from my X10 using XDA

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
satisfaction

Those G2's are pretty darn quick, i couldnt believe how fast it was on a stock rom, with all the added bullsh!t.

But yes i plan on keeping the X10 for a while longer yet, actually im watching another on ebay atm :p :p
my friend got the g2 and i bought is x10. man he regrettes it. he HATES ICS, and i see hes point. It hangs, comercial bannesrs blocks main articels in ALL browsers. sure it´s fast, but according to him it is REALY flawed, or at least ICS is. Im so satisfied with my x10 and im telling you ICS have to get a LOT better beofre i want it, x10+feralab 14= da best ****
:D:D:D

unrealsms

Oct 18, 2011
Thank you all... I don't f***ing care who have done this... i just dont want to post in thread tagged as useless etc..

Do not be so sensitive. Life is always crude to those who are trying to achieve something, but victory is always sweet.

There will always be satisfied and dissatisfied people, so let em be and do your things, as u want to.

"When the good meets the bad there is always a light. Catch the it and put it in your face !"

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
Of topic, need advice. I got an old x10 with a broken USB connector (rooted but not xrec) running on stock 2.1. I used Rom toolbox to change battery icon and it got struck on se logo in boot. Anyway to fix it without xrec or USB (I would guess not, but sometimes I get surprised:p) I got a fully working x10 as well so it's no emergency, it is just my backup phone. But still. :-D

Last edited:

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
Of topic, need advice. I got an old x10 with a broken USB connector (rooted but not xrec) running on stock 2.1. I used Rom toolbox to change battery icon and it got struck on se logo in boot. Anyway to fix it without xrec or USB (I would guess not, but sometimes I get surprised:p) I got a fully working x10 as well so it's no emergency, it is just my backup phone. But still. :-D

Nothing you can do .
Repairing the usb connector is only choice :)

Reactions: Patrikh_76

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
Yeah, that's what I figured:p oh well, spare parts are always good:-D

are you good with soldering?

unscrew the phone and you can easily mend the usb (I've done once)

... or you could donate you're broken x10 to me :p

just kidding :D

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
are you good with soldering?

unscrew the phone and you can easily mend the usb (I've done once)

... or you could donate you're broken x10 to me :p

just kidding :D

I've changed screen and such a couple of times so getting in to the phone is no problem. But microsoldering I have never had the guts to try, I don't have much to lose now though. I actually could have donated it to you, but it's getting hard to get spearparts for x10 so I'm gonna keep it for that reason. ;-)

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
I've changed screen and such a couple of times so getting in to the phone is no problem. But microsoldering I have never had the guts to try, I don't have much to lose now though. I actually could have donated it to you, but it's getting hard to get spearparts for x10 so I'm gonna keep it for that reason. ;-)

maybe you wont even need soldering.
if you hold the usb slot in a particular position you'll find the connection works...

when you open the phone you'll be able to see in which direction you can bend the slot to get best connectivity

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
maybe you wont even need soldering.
if you hold the usb slot in a particular position you'll find the connection works...

when you open the phone you'll be able to see in which direction you can bend the slot to get best connectivity

thats what i thought initaly, but its the thingy inside the conector thats proken not the whole thing, you might be right anyway, but it seems hopeles. the only response i´ve been able to get from cpu is the "unknown device", but i might try a litte more :)

klacker

Dec 5, 2011
This rom is great but it really drains my battery alot. 100% drop to 64% in 8 hours while i am sleeping. I did not even touch my phone. Any suggestions to improve battery life?

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody. v11 will be a bit delayed cuz i'm a bit busy and i have toi study and feeling a bit thick and also i want to fix all bugs and due to i'm still trying to import lockscreen music widget. but rom is already rocking. new beautifull effects and overall view.. trying to make it stable with all the things it have also doing some experiments with kernel and bttery. was reading linux wiki a bit).
    about the discussion of my rom.
    I don't f***ing care what you say about it.First and first of all I make this rom for myself..to make it loved by me firstly, because when you do something for yourself, you will do it much better then for anybody else... so after i make any version for me), i juxt share it with you.. share with my work... but of cours i don't make it completely for me. I'm reading every post and try to make this rom good for all (including me) using your suggestions and wishes..watching to your bugreports. and i want to thank you all for that.Of course after every release i'm being nervous reading every post refreshing the page and waiting for users reactions..if they like what i've done or not. and of cource i'm getting sad when see that someone is not satisfied or got wlods for ex... or simply can't install properly...and also i'm gettig happy and glad when i see happy people. i like to make people happy...not sad... and not only with making roms... in real life...just go and smile to the stranger outside and make him a bit happy. So I share my work with you not to make you sad. some peaple when flash rom..start to find firstly bugs..not it's advances..and they start to think that's buggy rom withiout continuing to try. I wanted to leave xda and i already left it...but for one day :D cuz i miss you guys and i miss my work..i like the thing i do and it gives me some kind of pleasure..and every work you do with love will be a good work.
    In v11 there will be superb sound improvement...f***ing cool design and animations. keep trying to port Pdroid and make charging led to off on full charge. also keep trying to port media plyer lockscreen widget...xperia s keyboard and mms bug fix(keep on trying to fix) and more and more tweaks and improvements. so please be patient..this release gonna be i thenk the best i ever released... so it will take time to test it and improve. hope you like it. thank you.
    v20 Final ready
    Juiced my brain and made some great end in Gingerbread series

I will leave xda somewhere in 10th June so now lets rock :cool:
    the rest time will be for ICS and CM7 and then I go)...have to work somewhere cuz I will damn die here) need some money :D
    Testing rom now and when will say DONE! - then its DONE :D
    Change log of v20 will die with me when time comes :D:D so..
    But I think you all will notice the changes by your own ;)
    Believe me its big) all is fixed and updated..

Have fun and be happy)
    Thanks for using FeraLab
    Hi there Fera Fans & Friends!
    I've succeeded in buying a nice, good working X10 for our Great Developer Master Fera :cool:
    I payed already the price of 71+4,90 € & as soon as I have it, I'll post it to Istanbul, so Fera can do what he's best of doing with this X10!!!
    If you like You can donate something towards me & be part of helping Fera ;getting back his beloved X10
    PayPal account: jseehaus@gmail.com

Best regards
    To Everyone

This is the introductory video for Feralab :D
    Feel free to comment on it

If you like than hit thanx....
    wtf...

If you're asking yourself or me...WTF maan? why your rom is paid... I will tell you here...
    If you say that paid rom is not a good idea and you always make or download rom for free..i will say that it is your business.. Also rom will be free for all in 3 days from release.
    v13.5 version of my rom was a realy hard work. I made some unique for stock roms things in this version and it was pretty hard to do but I succeed. So firstly please respect my efforts. The other reason is...that rom is extremily stable and fast...the perfect rom... I think you can remember my previous paid rom..it was also very cool.. and i dont make sh*t paid.. i make it paid only if it realy deserves it.
    The other and mostly main reason is that i'm poor..realy... i'm a simple student studying abroad alone ...4000 km far from my home and i can't work here somewhere in mc'donalds cuz they asking turkish passport which i don't have sure.. I extremily need money. I hoard it for my plane ticket which is very expensive.. (529 f****ng dollars) and it is very big miney for me..my family is not rich also...my mother is housewife and my father is simple carpenter..and we have 3 children(including me :)) and the only reason i could study abroad is my brain and efforts..otherwise..i couldnt study at all..
    So please respect my work..if you don't have money or can't donate just wait 3 days..not so much..

Thank you very much...have fun.
    FeraVolt.