[FIX] nVidia Tegra 3 Power Management version 0.2 [15.04.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lordjone

May 6, 2010
Hate to be this guy, Mike, but for some reason it still won't work...

I've tried both packages, twice (I just flashed them through CWM 5.8.2.7, didn't wipe /cache or Dalvik, I assume this is done by the script), rebooted, checked both /data/dalvik-cache (system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex isn't there) and "Running Applications", and couldn't find it working. I tried rebooting again, but no dice.

I'm lost! Any other ideas?

Same problem for me, cannot find it running in Applications...
hope mike will find a fix for this.

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
How do you tell if it is running ? On 1.22.

You can check either /data/dalvik-cache and look for a file called 'system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex', or check "Running Applications" (settings -> apps -> third tab) and see if there's something called "NvCPL Service". See image below:

2012-04-13_20-54-54.jpg

Last edited:

lordjone

May 6, 2010
gapper100 did you manage to make it work? I can't find the file you said in the dalvik cache... Could it be the aroma mods that make it not working? Is there a way to check system logs?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
gapper100 did you manage to make it work? I can't find the file you said in the dalvik cache... Could it be the aroma mods that make it not working? Is there a way to check system logs?

Nope, still doesn't work for me either. I've literally tried everything I could think of, it just won't work; the file won't show up in dalvik-cache. I'll wait for the WWE 1.28 update from HTC, hopefully they fixed it there :)

pondikos

May 29, 2009
Munich
or look in Task Manager after reboot
Android Revolution HD 1.2.2

Attachments

• 2012-04-14_17-24-21.jpg
    2012-04-14_17-24-21.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,350

lordjone

May 6, 2010
It seems that the fix works with the leedroid rom, now the question is are we sure is working with ARHD? Or people are just thinking that is working on their devices without checking the service?

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
On rooted stock and manually moved it but it's not showing in running or task manager. Permissions were changed to rw,r,r

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

lordjone

May 6, 2010
Just reflashed the 1.22 without any mod and the service is not running. Gonna try wipe everything with super wipe script, still i don't understand why on some device like mine is not working.
@mike where are system logs? So we can check why the service is not started or maybe it is but then stops for some reason.

Artius89

May 6, 2011
Padova
Just reflashed the 1.22 without any mod and the service is not running. Gonna try wipe everything with super wipe script, still i don't understand why on some device like mine is not working.
@mike where are system logs? So we can check why the service is not started or maybe it is but then stops for some reason.

Same as me, i've even reflashed the signed ZIP, and nothing, the service is still missing.

bauerjansen

Oct 6, 2009
I use the ARHD 1.2.2. ROM, but no chance to start the nvcpl.apk. I tested every file......
After this test session I give LeeDroid a chance. :p
:D copy the file, set the permission and restart. Yeah..... :D
I found it in my taskmanager.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
same for me runnign ARHD 1.2.2 however installing Leedroid then the zip it does work so definately something rom related, if i recall correctly doesnt leedroids disable signature check so its probably a signature problem with the NvCPLSvc.apk

Zinu

Apr 10, 2009
How are you guys experiencing the effect of this fix? Does it indeed improve battery life, and if so, how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely HTC will fix this in upcoming RUU, but still some users might want to have it as fast as possible. Due to many problems about "how to fix that myself?" I made 2 cwm recovery flashable packages:

1. Stock NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app
    2. Re-signed NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app

If you have problems with version nr 1 - flash version nr 2.

Download:

nVidia_T3_Fix_v.0.2_re-signed.zip

Changelog:

0.1 - initial release
    0.2 - removed the shared uid from AndroidManifest (Thanks to theintelligent for great idea!)
    Is this the mod that you have integrated in Android Revolution HD 1.2.2 ?

Yes.

10chars.
    How to check if it is working properly?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

You go to settings->applications and look under "opened" (dont know what it should say in english, the third)
    You should see NvCPL Service if it is working properly
    hey guys check 0.2 it's now working perfectly. I removed shared uid due to theintelligent suggestions! Works great :)
    It wasn't even fixed it was proved it did nothing, a mod needs to close this.