[Q] Switching from S3 to DNA - any regrets?

Search This thread

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Hello,

I'm thinking about switching phones this weekend and am just curious if there is anything you miss about the s3? I'm fine with whiz or sense - I've had both HTC and Samsung's before.

The two most important things to me are Battery life and reception. I push the battery life on my S3 every day as BT is always on and I need it on at all times as I always use my BT headset.

My reception my my S3 sucks so that is the main reason I need to switch. I don't expect battery life to be better on the DNA but I can't afford for it to be worse.

yevgenydev

Apr 25, 2011
juice dmendri

Working AOSP roms. I should have looked back at the thunderbolt, and remembered the terribly hard time it was for the community to create a working AOSP experience. I should have applied that for all HTC phones.

The bells and whistles on the HTC is nice, but all that nice processing power is just to be able to run Sense decently.

mmmboba

Aug 8, 2010
Hello,

I'm thinking about switching phones this weekend and am just curious if there is anything you miss about the s3? I'm fine with whiz or sense - I've had both HTC and Samsung's before.

The two most important things to me are Battery life and reception. I push the battery life on my S3 every day as BT is always on and I need it on at all times as I always use my BT headset.

My reception my my S3 sucks so that is the main reason I need to switch. I don't expect battery life to be better on the DNA but I can't afford for it to be worse.

No regrets.

Battery life for me has been better then my S3. Reception and GPS is much better for me as well

nrage23

Working AOSP roms. I should have looked back at the thunderbolt, and remembered the terribly hard time it was for the community to create a working AOSP experience. I should have applied that for all HTC phones.

The bells and whistles on the HTC is nice, but all that nice processing power is just to be able to run Sense decently.

It runs Sense perfectly with power to spare. The battery life is much better than I expected and my expectations were low coming from the Rezound.

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
No regrets here. The only thing I sort of miss from my S3 is the shape of it. I really liked how it felt in my hand, though it was a tad too slippery.

The battery life is very comparable, though I found that the S3 outlasts the DNA a little bit in the Screen On Time department, but otherwise they both typically give me the same amount of battery life.

The reception is WAY better on the DNA than the S3. No comparison whatsoever.

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
I had an s3 at launch for about 4 months and after severe reception issues Verizon actually sent me a DNA as a replacement. After having the DNA I don't know how I lived with the reception... Battery wise about the same. Very happy coming from the s3. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

dbdynsty25

Jul 13, 2010
Newbury Park, CA
Agree with everyone else here. The reception and battery life are superior on the DNA. However, I'm also in the camp that likes the form factor (power button on the right side, volume on the left) quite a bit more. Oh, and the notification light being more configurable is a huge plus for the S3 as well. Other than that...the DNA is pretty impressive and I only occasionally wish I hadn't switched. ;)

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Hello,

if your not on verizon id recommend waiting to see what the htc one is about. if you are the dna is a great device. battery life lasts, it has plenty of features and viper rom is amazing. CM looks like its a possibitlity of coming but dont ever buy a phone based on what you think can come out later, you might be disappointed. screen is great, new radios fixed all connection problems people were having. id recommend it highly if your on verizon

Ianxcom

Aug 26, 2010
Don't miss much. Battery life is compatible. Probably better standby with the dna. I do kiss using my foxfi.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Foxfi works on my S3 using the latest OS from Verizon - no rooting. Does it not work on the DNA?

Some people say it doesn't work on the S3 but it works fine for me.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
I don't have unlimited, I just have 2 GB per month. As long as I don't exceed it is there any additional fee for using the baked in app?

Afaik, no. I know with shared data there is no fee, and I am pretty sure it's the same with the old tiered plans.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
I don't have unlimited, I just have 2 GB per month. As long as I don't exceed it is there any additional fee for using the baked in app?

No fee. Bill was passed that if you're on teired data it its unlawful to charge for tethering.

Cruzaders

Apr 27, 2012
Pelotas
And the Note2 to DNA? I received an offer (i own the note2). I had a One X before and I know the sense UI. What`s the biggest difference between both phones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google wallet working... :(

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)
    I just traded /sold my note 2 for DNA.
    Battery is not as good although not as bad as I thought.
    Camera in low light is very grainy compared to my note2. FFC is very grainy but that is low light and turning flash on fixed the grainyness.
    Man I miss sbeam. I had a 64gb card and would beam movies to my friends. It would transfer 2gbmovies in less than 4 mins.
    Other than those things the phone is fast.works well. I have no complaints other than mentioned.
    Im revisiting the DNA at moment and no complaints at moment.

I'm was just bored at moment and nothing to do with Samsung just my gadget addiction.

Im only on day 2 but its funny how many little touches Samsung added to the os right out of the box.

I was swiping a contact on the dailer and thought it was funny. The whole left to right for call and right to left for messages.

Since I won't use LG nor Motorola, HTC my best opition when I need A fix.

And its well known the battery life isn't great if you actually use you phone throughout the day.